by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (7th_zorro, degenerate_762, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 774 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Predator - Human Hunter Project [Re: fogman] #332260
07/08/10 12:09
07/08/10 12:09
Spain
painkiller Offline OP
Serious User
painkiller  Offline OP
Serious User

Spain
Yeah, the possibilities that my e-mail won't be never answered are very big. I sent the e-mail one day ago, i'll wait for two days more, if I get no answer, I'll start another FPS project using part of the code that I've written.

3D Gamestudio A8 Pro
AMD FX 8350 4.00 Ghz
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Re: Predator - Human Hunter Project [Re: fogman] #332261
07/08/10 12:10
07/08/10 12:10
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: fogman
All I want to say is: If you want to make a clone, then make it right. wink

or just don't tell anyone your real name. laugh

...this shouldn't be taken so seriously. some kid works on some freeware clone... so what?

Re: Predator - Human Hunter Project [Re: ventilator] #332267
07/08/10 12:46
07/08/10 12:46
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
This topic interested me because of the fact that, for most of the Poser figures, users are not allowed to distribute figure's geometry or textures (which makes game-usage impossible).

But man...

Quote:
the shown model is inaccurate and ugly, created by some lunatic on the internet, reworked for A7 purpouses by some dude who has "da skillz!" and no idea what he is doing, without any idea whats so special about the character in the first place, where it originated from or who is the copyright holder.

...I laughed for half an hour grin I can't wait for the demo of this, I can just see the credits: Predator model created by some lunatic on the internet & adapted for this game by Dude who has "Da Skillz!" grin Sounds almost too weird grin

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Predator - Human Hunter Project [Re: Ganderoleg] #332373
07/09/10 10:06
07/09/10 10:06
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
lol i cant wait for more of spikes replies ^ ^

Re: Predator - Human Hunter Project [Re: darkinferno] #332381
07/09/10 12:11
07/09/10 12:11
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
@ Spike, why dont you simply go and;

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: Predator - Human Hunter Project [Re: Helghast] #332384
07/09/10 12:29
07/09/10 12:29
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
it would take the fun out of being an asshole. and, contray to otehr assholes around the webs, i am an asshole because its fun, not because i ama frustrated 34 year old virgin that weighs a metric ton, lives in the basment of his mother and uses a pair of tweezers to wank to naked pictures of an underage miley cyrus photoshopped to have anime like eyes.

and thats where the problem with indie game design lies, because the so called community, that reminds me more of a petting zoo is made up of losers and wankers.

sure, there is the occasional LIME of light, but all in all, most indie gamedevs are pricks.

i have no problem with creating a fan game. in fact, i love fan games. i am a big supporter of AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake - google it) and that is made with GAME MAKER. But the difference is, its made by a guy who knows what he is doing, has an idea and is a fan in itself.

I, like all of you, am sick of some brainwashed reality TV minions that sit on their hand for half an hour so that it feels as if someone else beats their meat, that come into ANY community (because those threerunners are everywhere) with their "skillz" and mouth about how they need per pixel post processing normal multitexturing pralax scrolling mapping done with shadermodel 1943 because thats what crytec uses to create crying sis...

sure, they are beginenrs and have no clue, but sometimes i feel like they are all having a hive mind controlled by paris hiltons puppy because they all are the same. maybe its just the same idiot re-registering again and again but they are all the same. they do crysis clones, predator clones, gta clones zelda clones and fuck my ass witha stick clones.
and after you tell them exactly WHAT they need to change, WHY they need to change it and try your best to help them, they treat you like you are some moronic south park character with a badly animated face.

and the worst part of all, and you guys wont like this is, that most of you guys (not all of you, mind you. i have deep respect for some of you) sit there and watch those people fail time after time. then, everytime a new lego brickman shows up, you come into their threads and support them, instead of doing what you as "serious users" are supposed to do and tell them whats going on.

see if you would just ignore those idiots and leave it be, everything would be alright. like most of the REAL serious users do. because they know that its not worth the effort and its the best way to show a kid how bad his work sucks. ignore it. but you walk in ehre and support it.

and then I show up, with my usual rant, sick of it all, and i get a "wrong side of the bed" line. not that i mind, but you people have NO idea who I am or how i am and if you would know me just in the slightest, you would know that im having a good day, because when i have a bad day i simply dont show up wink i am not in a bad mood. im not funny when im angry... or hungry...

to cut things short:

ignore bad newbie work if they do not accept HONEST critics. and while you dont have to talk them down like i do because i have a very short temper and no idea how to be nice in the first place, you could tell them the truth. if they accept it and stay to learn, like so many great people already did, we all win. if they go and suck their motehrs titties for some cremaed milk because we are all so /b/ then screw them.

and yes, i really am in a good mood today... keep the spelling errors you find, i dont need them anymore...

edit: oh and alpha strike, for posting the comment below me:

like mythbusters, i always start small scale wink

Last edited by sPlKe; 07/09/10 12:35.
Re: Predator - Human Hunter Project [Re: sPlKe] #332387
07/09/10 12:32
07/09/10 12:32
A
alpha_strike Offline
Serious User
alpha_strike  Offline
Serious User
A

Cool, it works every time.
Some freak tells us that he wants to "change the world"
and h crap... the forum comes back from the grave.
It´s only 3gs but I like it

Re: Predator - Human Hunter Project [Re: sPlKe] #332388
07/09/10 12:43
07/09/10 12:43
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
In many points I have to agree, but why is it false to support newbies, even if the results are horrible? This is a community as you said, not a place where everyone has to show the best results, it is a place to have fun and to learn. If you want somebody like the "real serious" user than go to a "real" game developer site. This forum is made to have fun, learn and share even the little, horrible results, because they know: I can post it here, maybe someone give me hints and tips, not because they want a feedback like yours that is destroying their wish to create games. Everyone starts small and this is want we should support, even if it is a fangame with poor graphics, too much wishes etc.

I don't say support just means saying "great! yes! amazing" all the time, but for me support isn't saying "this idea was doomed to fail" or "it is just really ugly". Even if you say "i don't want to talk you down"...What happens after it? You are talking everything down.

What of saying instead "yeah, I like the predator games and movies, nice idea you are having there but..." or sth. like that. I also had one of your reviews on my very first game I ever created. After I read your comment I thought game creating isn't for me, I am happy that there were more helpful users which are not just interested in saying facts what isn not allowed, what is old, what is stupid, but also saying that it is a nice idea, a nice story etc. and then telling the negative things.

PS: sorry for some spelling errors, 15 years germany, still in school wink

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Re: Predator - Human Hunter Project [Re: Liamissimo] #332392
07/09/10 13:11
07/09/10 13:11
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
but what if there are no positive things?
also, i already said YOU dont have to do it my way... find our own i have a copyright to that (but not a trademark. google it!)

Re: Predator - Human Hunter Project [Re: sPlKe] #332396
07/09/10 13:28
07/09/10 13:28
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
Copyright on what? Your way how to say things?

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de