by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Quad), 755 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Leaving this forum! [Re: Slin] #332562
07/10/10 19:00
07/10/10 19:00
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
I would start to celebrate now but i'm on the Unity forum as well so nothing will change for me T_T too bad.

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig
Re: Leaving this forum! [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #332563
07/10/10 19:08
07/10/10 19:08
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
wow, this sucks. If the community is really that big, it's possible that you can avoid him.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Leaving this forum! [Re: WretchedSid] #332565
07/10/10 19:15
07/10/10 19:15
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
Topic: First Unity 3 betas now shipping
-.-
I first thought you announced that you now left this forum, when I saw that you posted under announcements...
But what I saw was even worse -.-
Just don´t try to behave like an adult, while actually behaving like a stupid kid. You are a 14 years old boy interested in gamedev and still learning the very basics, not more and not less. Just stop posting everywhere that age doesn´t matter. Even if you´d be totally brilliant and instantly understood everything, you would never have the experience of someone doing the stuff, you do for a month, already for ten years.
I actually don´t know what to say, but ARGH. If I would really care, your behaviour would just drive me totally crazy.

Edit: Something else I don´t like: Cowabanga is there too, as well as some more 13-years-old pros -.-

Last edited by Slin; 07/10/10 19:20.
Re: Leaving this forum! [Re: Slin] #332567
07/10/10 19:27
07/10/10 19:27
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
Yeah, i hate going to the forum nowdays, so many annoying users.
The ones we know from here and some new 13/14 years old like GBSoftware, CreativeCoder, Edvinas, etc.

They all have the same "pattern" how ever, they all own their own buisness and seem to work as a "game designer" with a big publisher on a even bigger project.

Just sad to see them posting. Oh well, they will learn it in a few years.

And yeah, Cowabanga wrote some weird stuff on the forum too if you check his posts (especially AGAINST Unity, and now he is using it) but i think he learned from it already grin

@Cowabanga, no personal attacks please.

Last edited by Captain_Kiyaku; 07/10/10 19:30.

My Blog

Re: Leaving this forum! [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #332568
07/10/10 19:29
07/10/10 19:29
take me down to the paradise c...
Cowabanga Offline
Expert
Cowabanga  Offline
Expert

take me down to the paradise c...
Ah yes, indeed, but only if I have another chance to fix...

EDIT: And yeah, I removed it...

Last edited by Cowabanga; 07/10/10 19:32.
Re: Leaving this forum! [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #332570
07/10/10 19:42
07/10/10 19:42
Pennsylvania, USA
FoxZero Offline
Serious User
FoxZero  Offline
Serious User

Pennsylvania, USA
I feel you guys. I hate when a 13 year old claims to have a 'business' and then attempts to 'hire' me. I'm like dude you're not old enough to register for a company much less hold me to a contract!

I'm quite proud the way I conducted myself when I was 13. I stayed off of boards till I was 15 and my posts then were generally fine. Yeah I made some immature posts, but I never got called out for my age (which no one knew), if anything I had a low star rating and got insulted a few times. Whatever.

I no longer use it but I enjoyed my time with the 3DGS engine. Just because I moved on to the UDK doesn't make it a bad engine. It's simply a product and I've found that works better for me. I've used A6 from 2003-2008, I think I damn well got my $90 bucks worth! Did I complain? Yes but I was upset that my favorite program no longer fit my needs. It happens and I'll always be attached to the community and software I've spent a good 7 years of my life on. In a sense I grew up with 3DGS (I'm 20 now.)

Check out my site http://foxzero.net
My band's website
http://wolf-hybrid.net

R.I.P. Dave Williams
Re: Leaving this forum! [Re: FoxZero] #332576
07/10/10 20:29
07/10/10 20:29
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
You know, don't you guys think that maybe it is a little pathetic to post just how glad you are that someone is leaving?
It doesn't exactly scream professional to me, much less friendly (as in: "The Acknex engine is known for its friendly and helpful community").

Sure, young people are, well, young people, and like most young people, they can come across as annoying or childish, but thats no reason for this kind of celebration.

I do agree with FoxZero though that yes, them pretending to be the most professional businessowners ever is somewhat sad. But hey, that's what you do when you're young: Trying to act like an adult real bad : )

Anyway, mikaldinho, I don't know you - and you probably don't know me (I'm mostly responsible for cynical remarks around here) - but I do wish you all the best. Have fun and take care. A few things in random order: People appreciate honesty. There's nothing wrong about being young, but sometimes it's wise not to tell somebody your age (since, as you can see, certain ages can color people's impression). Nobody likes show-offs. Stay professional, act nice, and treat criticism, even harsh criticism, as a valuable good.
Cowabanga - I know you, but I don't think we ever posted something serious in the same topic. Regardless, have fun with Unity. And once more, don't get provoked so easily. Stay calm and don't let mean things get to 'ya.
This is needed because otherwise mean cynical people like me feel awful after a while.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Leaving this forum! [Re: Error014] #332583
07/10/10 21:04
07/10/10 21:04
VPrime Offline
Expert
VPrime  Offline
Expert

I left 3DGS a few years ago.. Then moved to unity last year.
But I still come here. This community is actually one of the best I have found for game design.
Most people here are unbiased, and have really good input. The support (From forum members) is a lot better here as well. Plus lots of thought provoking discussions regarding the industry.

It really is hard to abandon this community. As they say... They always come back laugh Maybe not for the engine, but other reasons.

Re: Leaving this forum! [Re: Error014] #332584
07/10/10 21:05
07/10/10 21:05
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
Quote:
You know, don't you guys think that maybe it is a little pathetic to post just how glad you are that someone is leaving?

Quote:
Anyway, mikaldinho, I don't know you

thats the problem, otherwise you would react different grin

Quote:
There's nothing wrong about being young, but sometimes it's wise not to tell somebody your age (since, as you can see, certain ages can color people's impression).

I agree that sometimes you should keep certain details for yourself, but i disagree that people will get a different impression on your depending on your age. It always depends on the context.

If a "young" person says "hey im 14 and im making a nice small game, like pong, look at this" bla bla then i feel really happy for him that he is achieving something.

if a "young" person says "hey im 14, im the president of [mynickname]Software and i am doing the next Crysis WoW. If you want to join, you can become a moderator of my forum! If you are mean, i will remove your mod status!" then it's just annoying, especially if it's the 4th topic about the same shit again.

Just look at Rei_Ayanami, he is 14 but doesn't act like an idiot, in fact he acts really grown up.

My Blog

Re: Leaving this forum! [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #332590
07/10/10 22:46
07/10/10 22:46
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
I agree completely with Captain_Kiyaku. It depends completely on the level of maturity the guy has reached. There are tons of people who are immature even for their age (I won't name anyone lest I start an argument). And then there are others who acts very mature for their age.

Part of it has to do with the state of mind the person is in. People who have only high images of themselves tend to be immature.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de