Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Blobsculptor tools and objects download here
by NeoDumont. 03/28/24 03:01
Issue with Multi-Core WFO Training
by aliswee. 03/24/24 20:20
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by Edgar_Herrera. 03/23/24 21:41
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 03/06/24 09:27
VSCode instead of SED
by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Nymphodora, AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, Quad, Imhotep), 847 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Damocles_] #291717
09/27/09 16:46
09/27/09 16:46
Poland
LordMoggy Offline
LordMoggy  Offline

Poland
we are so slow to act because the world didnt lift its ass!

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: LordMoggy] #333395
07/16/10 05:42
07/16/10 05:42
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
Global warming is bullshit , there's more than enough evidence that shows it's a natural face the planet is going through which has nothing to do with our carbon emissions. The green movement is an abomination to the human race , and should be abolished. Same for the animal rights movement , ect... Pile of worthless humans whose loyalty belongs to everything other than the human race. They should all be tried for treason to our species. We didn't become the kings of this earth by being a pile of fucking faggots , we conquered it by fucking it in the ass. We have dominated all other species on this earth by killing them and taking all of their resources, and have escalated to our current level of living by exploiting the earth as much as we have been able to. We haven't come this far by being pussies , we have surpassed every other being on this earth in every form imaginable , and deserve to be above them. Green heads , animal rights heads , women rights heads, ect... are a disgrace to mankind , and our struggle, they have no right to live amongst us , and enjoy the luxuries we have earned for our people , and then spend their time criticizing them. All those mutherfuckers should just go live in the jungles , nobody is stopping them , they can all rejoin nature any time they want , just take off all your clothes and walk into the wilderness you love so much , see how long you last before a bear rapes you in the ass and mutilates you to pieces to share amongst it's family.

But no , all these putrid fuckers sit their and enjoy their computers and clothes and cars and light and their nicely packaged food from the grocery store , and them come and complain about the means used to achieve what they themselves enjoy so much. I wonder why anyone pays attention to these testicle-less idiots who more than likely had sex with their mother and a regular basis once they hit puberty.

So in conclusion , fuck the climate change pussies , as well as their other brother and sister organizations.

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #333467
07/16/10 17:06
07/16/10 17:06
Cambridge
Joey Offline
Expert
Joey  Offline
Expert

Cambridge
harsh words for someone who has no clue what he is talking about. that's typical. fair reasoning (mostly) on one side and swear words on the other - i haven't even read through all your post but should we ever meet in real life i'll bring you a bar of soap to wash your mouth out. i hope that people like you never get to decide about the future of our planet.

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Joey] #333472
07/16/10 17:39
07/16/10 17:39
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Terrible language indeed. But he's right.

Take a look at this graph:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

Before you tell me, yes, 2004 seems to have set an all time record for having the biggest increase in global temperature for several hundred years. But there's a few things you should notice other than that. See the huge increase in temperature we had during the middle ages? I'm pretty sure that people weren't driving cars then. But there was a huge increase in temperature nonetheless.

Or take a look at that big dip in the 1600's, or "The Mini Ice-age". In just 200 years the temperature of the earth sunk dramatically. And I don't think there was any significant change in the amount of CO2 we were emitting then, either.

Now we get to the big rise on the far right of the graph. It's tempting to think that all of our carbon emissions caused that big rise, but that's not true. Notice that it was a steady rise that began in the early 1900's, back when people still didn't have cars or even much electricity. The rate of the rise didn't even increase once we started using all of these new things. The rate of the rise remained steady.

What this should tell you is that nothing WE are doing seems to be affecting the temperature of the earth in any significant way. Rather, it seems to be a natural build up of carbon emissions; carbon emissions that will most likely decrease in a century or two through natural forces.

The funny thing about all this is, in the 1970's scientists were complaining that in a few dozen years we were going to have another ice age. Well, here we are and we don't seem to be going through any ice age. Now people have forgotten that little incident and are complaining about global warming. When this passes through and people realize that they were wrong again, they will probably start complaining about global freezing again.

It's all so stupid.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Redeemer] #333478
07/16/10 17:59
07/16/10 17:59
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Did you notice that the graph is rising faster than never before on the right and that it is already warmer than in the middle ages? Temperature changes because of many factors, and something else might have caused the high temperature in the middle ages or the little ice age (maybe natural variaton of C02 concentration?). In fact, I don't know exactly what caused them, and I am humble enough not to ump into any conclusions about that, whithout even informing myself further about this.

It is a fact that it is proven that gases like CO2 act as greenhouse gases, which contribute to increasing temperatures. And we know that CO2 concentration went up and temperatures went up.

And if we act now, and we are wrong, we didn't cause any harm (except that it was WORK, omg...), but if we don't act now, but global warming is a fact, we doom ourselves.

(And what a coincidence that both global warming deniers here are from the USA. It would be an even bigger coincidence if they both the Republicans wink )

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Lukas] #333483
07/16/10 18:26
07/16/10 18:26
UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
Has annyone heard of the Carbon TAX that is coming our way soon?
Reminds me of the joke i made some years ago:
We will all be wearing gasmasks with little meters on them to check how much air we each breathe and be charged for it.

Last edited by pararealist; 07/16/10 18:28.

A8.3x Commercial, AcknexWrapper and VS 2010 Express
○pararealist now.
Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Lukas] #333487
07/16/10 18:44
07/16/10 18:44
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Quote:
Did you notice that the graph is rising faster than never before on the right and that it is already warmer than in the middle ages?

Did you notice that the use of all of our newest inventions don't seem to coincide with any of these things?

Quote:
Temperature changes because of many factors, and something else might have caused the high temperature in the middle ages or the little ice age (maybe natural variaton of C02 concentration?)

Exactly my point. CO2 concentrations can rise due to natural causes, too.

Quote:
It is a fact that it is proven that gases like CO2 act as greenhouse gases, which contribute to increasing temperatures. And we know that CO2 concentration went up and temperatures went up.

Yup, you're right.

I am NOT saying that CO2 does not trap energy and that the earth has not been heating up. I am saying that it hasn't been heating up because WE did anything. And if ALL of our CO2 emissions aren't affecting the temperature of the earth in any significant way, what makes you think we can lower the temperature of the earth?

Quote:
And if we act now, and we are wrong, we didn't cause any harm

Umm, wrong. We would've have wasted valuable materials and an insurmountable amount of time, to say the least. There are lots of people who have made it a political issue too, causing people to support causes that they don't really understand. During the 2008 elections, Obama made Global Warming an issue. There were many people who voted for him just because he promised to "correct" it. If Global Warming hadn't been made into such an issue in the first place, maybe that wouldn't have been such a buzz word during the elections.

Global warming is now just a tool that is being used by politicians to control the people. That is just wrong.

Quote:
but if we don't act now, but global warming is a fact, we doom ourselves.

Right now, it's WAY too early to know if global warming is a fact or not. Our scientists are jumping to conclusions. Sure, I suppose it's been hotter than usual lately, but the Earth does that. And what makes you think we can do anything about it anyway?

Quote:
(And what a coincidence that both global warming deniers here are from the USA. It would be an even bigger coincidence if they both the Republicans wink )

So what if I'm from America? Have you totally forgotten that our leaders in America are now doing everything in their power to FIGHT global warming? Not that I want to be a part of it, of course.

Oh, and I am not a registered Republican. I have held support for many republicans before though, simply because they've shared more realistic and conservative views than the democrats. Oh, and as long as we're profiling people on this forum by what political parties they support, I bet you were a supporter of Obama during the 2008 elections. I wonder how that turned out. Still holding out for the "Hopey/Changey" thing?

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Redeemer] #333495
07/16/10 19:18
07/16/10 19:18
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

in my opinion it doesn't really matter if anthropogenic global warming is true or not. the things that "supposedly" cause global warming are bad in many other ways too and it wouldn't be that hard to reduce them...

...but in the grand scheme of things all of this doesn't matter anyway since earth is a self-regulatory system and the human race will get what it deserves. laugh

edit:
i just came across this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-0vnRmej0Q
kind of related... tongue

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Redeemer] #333497
07/16/10 19:45
07/16/10 19:45
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
We know that the C02 rise is caused by us, because all our cars, etc emit CO2, which was saved in plants that died millions of years ago.

"Did you notice that the use of all of our newest inventions don't seem to coincide with any of these things?"
No, I didn't. In fact, I noticed that the number of cars, factories etc. went up and so did the CO2 levels and the temperature.

"And if ALL of our CO2 emissions aren't affecting the temperature of the earth in any significant way, what makes you think we can lower the temperature of the earth?"
I never said that we could actually cool down the Earth. We can only slow down global warming, but we can't reverse it.

Originally Posted By: Redeemer

Quote:
And if we act now, and we are wrong, we didn't cause any harm

Umm, wrong. We would've have wasted valuable materials and an insurmountable amount of time, to say the least. There are lots of people who have made it a political issue too, causing people to support causes that they don't really understand. During the 2008 elections, Obama made Global Warming an issue. There were many people who voted for him just because he promised to "correct" it. If Global Warming hadn't been made into such an issue in the first place, maybe that wouldn't have been such a buzz word during the elections.

I did say "(except that it was WORK, omg...)" but you omitted that in your quote...
The costs of investions in renewable energies and stuff are nothing compared to the consequences if we keep on emitting so much CO2.

Originally Posted By: Redeemer

Quote:

So what if I'm from America? Have you totally forgotten that our leaders in America are now doing everything in their power to FIGHT global warming? Not that I want to be a part of it, of course.

Oh, and I am not a registered Republican. I have held support for many republicans before though, simply because they've shared more realistic and conservative views than the democrats. Oh, and as long as we're profiling people on this forum by what political parties they support, I bet you were a supporter of Obama during the 2008 elections. I wonder how that turned out. Still holding out for the "Hopey/Changey" thing?

That was actually a side-note of mine, that's why it was in brackets. But ok, if it angers you so much:
In general I don't have prejudices because of someone because of his nationality (or anything else). But, although Obama may fight global warming now, the USA is still one of the biggest greenhouse gas emitters. But that wasn't even what made me pass that comment.
What made me pass that comment was that the most of the global warming deniers I have met or heard about were Americans, and Republicans, and it seems that this also often correlates with creationism (and creationists are also usually americans, and especially conservatives). conservapedia.com also denies gloabal warming (and evolution).
So my comment's purpose was to underline that correlation between (American) conservatism and global warming denial. (Because I could guess you are conservative wink )

And you should know that I don't think you are a worse game designer because you are American or conservative. wink

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: ventilator] #333499
07/16/10 19:54
07/16/10 19:54
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
"but should we ever meet in real life i'll bring you a bar of soap to wash your mouth out. i hope that people like you never get to decide about the future of our planet"

LOL , sure Joey , u'd get ur head split in 2. And people like myself have been deciding over the planet since the beginning of time , hence our success over all other animals and nature. People like you want to live in the wilderness amongst the bears and worms and sleep in a bed of cockroaches while covered in your own feces, that , is not the idea of life for the rest of us. I still don't know why the green head homosexuals don't go and pursue their dreams of living amongst nature and go live in the wilderness. Why the constant criticism of what everyone does but then continue to live amongst our society. Fucking hypocrites.

But yeah , global warming is a scam , and all you supporters get ready to bend over and take the carbon tax with a big smile on your face, it's because of you weak minded retards that everyone is gonna have to pay. And on top of the carbon tax , they have the green police , so we will soon be tasered for using too much electricity.

It's all a big pile of garbage , I don't see how people can be so stupid not to realize it, all the global warming green movement is going to bring is more taxes , more regulations , and a further grip on the average person and their doings. Again , we give more control to the government so it can protect us because we are too scared of everything , soon they're going to have to create a special government unit to come bathe us and brush our teeth to make sure we are clean and don't get any cavities. Pile of faggots.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite