Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro), 923 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Joquan] #334247
07/22/10 03:21
07/22/10 03:21
DEEP 13
badapple Offline
User
badapple  Offline
User

DEEP 13
so you want to puke , and then eat your puke.

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: badapple] #334248
07/22/10 03:22
07/22/10 03:22
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline OP
Joquan  Offline OP

Pennsylvania
This post has been hidden.

Last edited by Joquan; 07/24/10 19:13. Reason: Done with the discussion.
Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Joquan] #334249
07/22/10 03:37
07/22/10 03:37
United Kingdom
DJBMASTER Offline
Serious User
DJBMASTER  Offline
Serious User

United Kingdom
I can see that you don't like being given advice.

Most human laws are based on the 'laws of god' so they can't really be 'nothing'. I'd say it's safe to say, without them, we wouldn't have much of a society.

I can see that anything I say you'll disupte or won't be convincing, but that's not my objective. I do not wish to disprove your faith, I just wish you would open your mind a little.

Can't you at least think that there is a possibility, even so small, that you may be wrong?

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: DJBMASTER] #334250
07/22/10 04:04
07/22/10 04:04
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline OP
Joquan  Offline OP

Pennsylvania

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Joquan] #334253
07/22/10 04:44
07/22/10 04:44
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
and just like that, you are wrong. thus, your argument is invalid. and batman rides an elephant. but since you do belive in god (who does not exist by the way, but thats not for this topic) you probably dont ahve the midn to actually THINk, and that explains alot.

anyway, fuck global warming, its normal. happens all the time. a few hundred thousand years ago the same thing already happened. nobody cared. we are too many humans on this planet anyway, finding a way against overpopulation is what we do...

humans...
the only race ever to work on making itself obsolete. its what we do^^

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Joquan] #334309
07/22/10 13:04
07/22/10 13:04
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: Joquan
(Jewish people are the base of the Christian religion. I have nothing against them, except the fact that they don't accept that Christ is the Son of God.)

According to the Westboro baptist church, you will go to hell for this. They must be right, they believe in Jesus and your god!

You can thank me later for this warning.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: WretchedSid] #334346
07/22/10 16:55
07/22/10 16:55
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline OP
Joquan  Offline OP

Pennsylvania

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Joquan] #334350
07/22/10 17:22
07/22/10 17:22
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Originally Posted By: Joquan
Why shouldn't they? Why does everything need evidence? Faith is an important thing that everyone should have. Are you saying, that if someone promised me something, that I would need evidence to believe that they will keep their promise? Also, the "science" that the majority use (Talking about the darwin crap, and our view of the "Big Bang Theory". I am saying that there is a possibility that God used a "big bang" to create the universe, but I think that the Bible would have mentioned it.

Everything need to have evidence to be credible. If you sue someone for murder, but you have no evidence at all, just "faith"; then the accused will be acquit, because he is innocent until proven guilty.
This rule exists in all courts in the free world and there is a reason for it. If something does not have any supporting evidence, it should be regarded as wrong until proven true. There is no evidence for Allah, the Flying Spagetthi Monster, Thor, Zeus, Vishnu, or the Christian god! You don't believe in the other religions, what makes yours so special?

I hope you never get in charge of a board of education.
There is plenty of evidence supporting evolution and the big bang.
Parts of the human body could be called "badly designed" (if they were designed), but evolution makes clear why it has these flaws. And don't forget vestigal organs.
The universe is expanding. We know that and we can prove that. This means, in the past it has been smaller. And, as we know that the speed of light is limited and constant, we know that the further we look away into the universe, the further we look into the past. And we can't see further than ca. 14 billion lightyears (that's where we see the microwave background). And if we calculate the expansion of the universe back, we see that it must have had the size 0 ca. 14 billion years ago. This point of time is called the big bang. And you see, no one made that number "14 million years" up. You can calculate that the universe has that age.

And I said there are more non-christians than christians and you denied that. But just look at the numbers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
There are ca. 2.2 billion christians. There 6,857,400,000 people on the Earth. That means there are about 4.7 non-christians.

If heaven is full of fanatics like you, I don't want to be there anyway. And if you think you have such a great afterlife and we don't, then let us save our planet to make our life as good as possible, while you don't care, because of your dreams of a great eternal afterlife.

And if we are going to find out anyway, why bother trying to convince us?

Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Lukas] #334357
07/22/10 17:47
07/22/10 17:47
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline OP
Joquan  Offline OP

Pennsylvania

Last edited by Joquan; 07/24/10 19:14. Reason: Done with the discussion.
Re: Global warming: Why are we so slow to act? [Re: Joquan] #334358
07/22/10 17:51
07/22/10 17:51
Germany
J
jenGs Offline
jenGs  Offline
J

Germany
@Jquan
So, lets begin:

"Love your neighbor as yourself"
- Looking at your rude posts, you fail here As a "mega Christian" you should follow such an important law given by Jesus

"If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also." Luke 6,29
- I don't see this attitude either. You are like an islamic fundametalist, turn the words around to serve your agressive strategy here.

You have nothig of real christian. A real christian is tollerant, full of love and understanding for the people around him.

You always talking of The sun of god, Jesus your/our hero.
But If you compare the way you act here to Jesus life you will see a difference. He let the Mob execute him. He called Peter back, when he tried to defend him with his sword. he always has spoken about love and peace. There is nothing that justifies your agressive behaviour.

From the christan site of view it should be like this:
God made the world. It is his creation, his masterpiece (or her?). Why should a christian disrespect this and destroy the world on porpouse. If you don't respect nature and creation you also don't respect god.
If you destroy the world it is a disrespect and violence against all following generations.--See quote above.

So and now lets start with the insults and racial stereotyps:

USA christians are pathetic. They only go to church, to be seen in it, so they can say: Hey I am a christian.
But there is no brotherly love, not very much "help the poor and the needy". Only themselfes matter.

@ontopic
I am a christian too. But I belive It is our task to preserve the earth. It is not our task to destroy it. It is like a test, how we respect god

And you are an idiot Joquan ...

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite