by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quad, AndrewAMD), 438 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: Superku] #326087
05/30/10 10:38
05/30/10 10:38
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
Hi friends,

Here are some codding suggestions:

When you're hanging from a ledge, you have to press up or down to rise or fall. I think it would be appropriate were the right and left keys to do this role, as in the rest of the movements are up and down keys to change game lane. In fact, when you're hanging in the background and you press down the button, the character also changes the lane. This would be avoidable with a little more code but I think that is not in harmony with the general way of moving.

On the other hand, when BJ was about to jump on an edge, if you get long and pressed to jump, she changes the force of gravity. I think you should have jumped in order to change the force of gravity.

Salud!

EDIT: there is a problem with the sister bounding box. She get stuck on one box tall holes. I modified 18th code line in 'movement.c' to 'var bbox_girl[6] = { -25,-25,-64,25,25,60 };' to solve this problem. Please, change it for future prototypes.

Last edited by txesmi; 06/01/10 21:38. Reason: Avoid double post
Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: txesmi] #328291
06/11/10 16:47
06/11/10 16:47
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Hello,

I have realized that the main problem with shaders in my level seems to be the lowered blending of shadowmap. When shader is applied the model's shadowmap gets bleached out.

The best solution I've got is based on shadowmap replacement that depends on shaders being active or inactive. If shaders are OFF, the model uses the default shadowmap & if shaders are ON, the model uses modified shadowmap (higher saturation & lower lightness).

The problem is that we will have about 100 levels with, let's say, at least 300 shadowmaps. That's one BIG function grin It would be great if the shadomap assignment could be, somehow, automated.

This is my primitive code solution:

Click to reveal..
BMAP* C3_L1_A = "C3_L1_A.dds";
BMAP* C3_L1_A_2 = "C3_L1_A_2.dds"; //Replacement texture

action NM_Shadowmap()
{
while(1)
{
if((shaders_on==1)&&(my.skill3==0))
{
my.skill3=1;
ent_setskin(me,C3_L1_A_2,2);
wait(1);
if(my.skill1==1){my.material = NM_C3_Metal;}
if(my.skill1==2){my.material = NM_C3_Floor;}
}
if((shaders_on==0)&&(my.skill3==1))
{
my.skill3=0;
ent_setskin(me,C3_L1_A,2);
wait(1);
if(my.skill1==1){my.material = NM_C3_Metal;}
if(my.skill1==2){my.material = NM_C3_Floor;}
}
wait(1);
}
}

This solution works but it's very far from being elegant so it would be great if someone could look into this & maybe come up with some suggestions or, even better, better solution smile

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #328549
06/13/10 21:06
06/13/10 21:06
Germany
R
RedPhoenix Offline
User
RedPhoenix  Offline
User
R

Germany
I don't think that you have to have a shadowmap replacement.
I think it should be possible to tweak the shader's lighting part so that you could configure the shadowmaps contrast and strength. If it can wait one week (I won't have Pc access the next week) I could look into it and build in some tweakable entity skill for the shader's shadowmap strength.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: RedPhoenix] #328641
06/14/10 12:42
06/14/10 12:42
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Your right, it would save lot of time & code-space if this could be accomplished through the shader itself. I, unfortunately, have no idea on how to do this, the replacement thing was my best shot grin

It can, of course, wait for as long as it has to. Once shader is tweaked, each level can be shadered-up in about 30 minutes.

Thanx for looking into this problem smile

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #328933
06/16/10 08:21
06/16/10 08:21
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
Hi friends,

sorry but i have been very busy last week and it will be same for another week.

A little advance:

Salud!

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: txesmi] #329075
06/17/10 11:49
06/17/10 11:49
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
I've been in contact with Pavle - he has told me about your progress laugh

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: George] #334570
07/24/10 00:04
07/24/10 00:04
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Hello team,

I have uploaded the gameplay video for chapter 3, level 6 to SkyDrive. I decided to change a bit my level finishing/presentation process and, before I finalize the level geometry, textures & lights, I will first deliver the gameplay video in order for us all to validate it & for programing team to see if all aspects of gameplay can be coded or they should be changed.

The gameplay for this level is based on three things:

1.Player can use specific magic potion only once per level (player can use multiple potions per level but every potion can be used once per level).
2.Player has an >illusion< potion that he gained in the earlier level of this chapter (chapter 3, level 5)
3.Player must pick every bonus item in the level in order to finish it.

What the currant version of the level's gameplay demand in terms of code:

1.Doors that can be opened/closed without the need to stand on the switch.
2.Bonus item code solution (& visual).
3.Bonus system that takes into account the number of bonus items player has picked up, preventing the player from finishing the level unless all bonus items are taken.
4.Enemy awareness code solution that would enable the enemy to spot player if he is at the certain distance from him & to go after the player. Same routine should be applied if enemy sees the player's projection (illusion potion). Enemy should not react if player is at reasonable distance behind him or if player is over his head (gravity switch).
5.Code that would lower the basket of food to the cage (the movement itself can be animated, not coded, if that is easier).
6.Code that would make monster go into his cage at the moment that his food is in it (the movement itself can be animated, not coded, if that is easier).
7.Code solution that would not allow finishing of the level unless both BJ & LJ are present near the exit.
+
8.Code solution for >Illusion potion<. The spell creates the visual projection identical to the caster (Big J) three feet downwards/upwards. BJ shouldn’t be able to move while spell is active. The most difficult part will be, I guess, coding of the place where illusion should appear because it should take into account the first available floor (ground) beneath or above the sister model.

I believe that this is everything that needs to be coded for this level. The level can have more bonus items that can be spread across & some of them could even be hidden.

All suggestions are welcome smile

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 07/25/10 17:35.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #334660
07/24/10 14:03
07/24/10 14:03
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
I can take care of these; I'll start with the first 3 things on the list. If one of the other programmers wants to get involved, please make sure to choose your tasks and post a message here; this way, I won't duplicate your work.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: George] #334865
07/25/10 17:35
07/25/10 17:35
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
I completely forgot to add >Illusion Spell< in wanted programing solutions for level 6.

I updated the list with No.8 smile

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #341386
09/15/10 18:48
09/15/10 18:48
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Hello guys!

I've uploaded an improved movement code to George's SkyDrive Account.
What's new?
  • A new control scheme: You can play the whole game with the arrow keys, a jump button (space) and a context sensitive button - that's [A](ction) for the moment. A panel shows the current action that can be performed by pressing the Action key. Spells will be activated this way, too.
  • You climb ledges automatically what makes the movement more fluid. You don't have to press a key anymore to go into crawl mode (boy only), just go near a crack (the model or ("None") block has to have FLAG1 set) and he will crawl automatically.
  • Enemies that detect and follow the player ("enemy_follow").
  • Imagine you have a special enemy in your level. When you have a key and Attach it in the enemy's (!!) Properties panel, it will only appear when the bad guy is dead.

Please try the example level and tell me what you think! The "goal" is to leave the room through the door on the very right with both players.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de