by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Nymphodora), 490 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Re: unity 3 [Re: fogman] #347920
11/20/10 23:00
11/20/10 23:00
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

All is false, i don't know nothing about programming and 3D laugh
And you are totally right !
What i can i see more to please you ?
(I think you have as much time to loose as me, does you really have a wife laugh ???)
People having a real 3D project, i know spend rarely time on non constructive things as this one !

What is true on you ?

I don't want to win anything, i don't mind about otehr people opinion , caus i have any goal, anything to win.
I prefer to loose against you laugh!

"A distraction is only a distraction if you pay attention to it."
-- Unknown

I think this is a long one laugh Thanks !

Last edited by ratchet; 11/20/10 23:09.
Re: unity 3 [Re: ratchet] #347922
11/20/10 23:21
11/20/10 23:21
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Some last distraction :

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.- Kev Emery

Well perhaps something for you to meditate laugh

All i said really influences you, like i can see !
What you want to win , where is the trophy ?
I don't see anything to win nowhere here !!

Another great reading for you my friend :
Great reading

I hope sincerely from my heart , that you'll have a good night (and perhaps good dreams also laugh ) !

Last edited by ratchet; 11/20/10 23:26.
Re: unity 3 [Re: ratchet] #347930
11/21/10 00:48
11/21/10 00:48
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
@All

Everybody wants to talk maybe..but just maybe...about unity 3?
If not change the title to "FLAME WARS RELOADED" or sth. like this laugh

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Re: unity 3 [Re: ratchet] #347932
11/21/10 00:53
11/21/10 00:53
V
V_Software Offline
V_Software  Offline
V

Hm it's funny to read the last pages on this thread grin
But I don't think the visitors here are interessted in your personal discussion. You jumped from Topic A to Topic B, C and D! Common Guys why don't you write private messages if you apparently have some problems between you. This things that you wrote here are not things, which turns out in a normal discussion. This are things that have been grown up in yourself. It is disrespectful to the other visitors and to Conitec, if you don't respect the rules here. Stay on topic and stop filling this thread with things which don't hit the topic. Sorry for my english, I know it's not my Job to say this but take it as a good advice from someone who visits this forum since years...I'm not active but I can immagine what new visitor think when they see such behaviour on this forum. It's sad...

Now to turn back topic, I think this is a good Idea with the last additions to Unity. It gives a bigger chance for Artitst and Programmer to be more in focus with their Creations they want to sell. It's always a good point around a product, if Third Parties Extensions ( even if not seen as a extension but also Models, DLLs, Assets etc.) are shown to public or knewn where to find them. I see the beloved different let's call them market stores as the modern Showcase for finished Projects,Extensions, Assets etc. I mean that's a good deal for both, for the Developers of the Engine and for you. Great! Don't want to say something with Acknex now, this topic is on Unity and I was now the one who said stay on topic so I do it now myself. But I really think that a store for such thinks are a great Idea but of course it needs to be run by someone. So if not in the company than cooperate with someone else. But this things are the modern way of showcasing finisched helping Assets,Extensions etc. Of course just for finised things and in good quality laugh Nice that they told now on this update that it si possibile to place a closed source DLL written in managed code into the projects folder. So that no one is forced to release it's source of his DLL. This was possibile before with 3.0 but they missed to tell it so they've done it now on the Changelog of 3.1 lol I knew that in 2.6 it was not that easy to use third partie DLLs, it was possibile but it without the freedom of now. All in one a good update 3.0 and 3.1 grin

Re: unity 3 [Re: V_Software] #347937
11/21/10 01:12
11/21/10 01:12
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
Don´t get me wrong, I´ve used Unity for myself and I´m using flash for example.
Also I´m not into flame wars.
I simply do not take nonsense anymore, because it leads us to nirvana. I´ve seen the same thing with Torque and Gamecore.
And still ratchet is trying to make statements without any background. I can´t take this for serious and I´ll fight against it.
Any other reaction would be pointless political correctnes.

If he talks nonsense, I´ll react. And he´s talking a lot of nonsense.

I´m concerned about the forums reputation, not about other engines. If some newbies are taking him serious, they´ll get a problem.

Quote:
People having a real 3D project, i know spend rarely time on non constructive things as this one !

As I´ve said - imagination.
Yes, my posts are destructive.
Destructive to non-constructive nonsense.

no science involved
Re: unity 3 [Re: fogman] #347943
11/21/10 04:34
11/21/10 04:34
VPrime Offline
Expert
VPrime  Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: fogman
Don´t get me wrong, I´ve used Unity for myself and I´m using flash for example.
Also I´m not into flame wars.
I simply do not take nonsense anymore, because it leads us to nirvana. I´ve seen the same thing with Torque and Gamecore.
And still ratchet is trying to make statements without any background. I can´t take this for serious and I´ll fight against it.
Any other reaction would be pointless political correctnes.

If he talks nonsense, I´ll react. And he´s talking a lot of nonsense.

I´m concerned about the forums reputation, not about other engines. If some newbies are taking him serious, they´ll get a problem.

Quote:

As I´ve said - imagination.
Yes, my posts are destructive.
Destructive to non-constructive nonsense.

I agree..
It is easy to ignore certain members.. But letting things go can affect the community in a negative way.
That is one of the reasons why I have been on these forums for over 8 years now. Even though I am not using Conitecs products at the moment, I still come here because of the community.
All it takes is 1 bad apple to ruin the bunch.

Re: unity 3 [Re: V_Software] #347955
11/21/10 12:35
11/21/10 12:35
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: V_Software
All in one a good update 3.0 and 3.1 grin

Yes, I agree. The Umbra, the Beast integration, the new tree editor, the asset shop, the Union publishing concept. It is growing so fast. And next release is told to have a procedural texture generator (the same that has been integrated into Max and Maya recently). A user made a graphical node based shader editor. It is really more than amazing to see how fast it grows.

I also agree with your opinion about this nonsense personal discussion. Some personal messages would be better in this case. I appreciate all of these people. Ratchet sometimes exaggerates a bit but it is not all nonsense what he writes. And I like how he replies with humour instead of getting angry.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: unity 3 [Re: ratchet] #347956
11/21/10 12:36
11/21/10 12:36
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Originally Posted By: ratchet
Where is the skill programming needed to make a good third person game laugh ?

Something like an RPG , do you mean ?
Have you ever tried to to code a group action ?
The members of the party working together in a proper way
Nope ?
Ok do it and then you would realize what kind of programming skill you need

Quote:
If you don't like Unity ok , but don't say gameplay is bad if you don't have played that games also ????
I never talked about gamplay, so why do you talk about that ?

Hey my friend, I understand now, why other members asked you to stop telling nonsense
Apart from the fact that I am a Unity3d user , I did not say that they are bad games
It was you who claimed that they are great games without playing them
I simply said that a demo is not sufficient to judge a game, the game play being an important element even more important , in my opinion, than a good graphics

I simply said that you can not expect to have a good game play without intensive coding

Game engines are very important for time saving but you can not expect to go beyond a "WASD" walkthrough game ( better virtual reality project ) if you dont like programming

Last edited by AlbertoT; 11/21/10 12:46.
Re: unity 3 [Re: AlbertoT] #347957
11/21/10 12:46
11/21/10 12:46
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: AlbertoT
...the game play being an important element even more important , in my opinion, than a good graphics

While this is true, in the end it will not be sufficient except you are the very first on the market maybe even at a new platform. But the past showed us that there will be always someone to pick up your game play ideas and remakes it with decent graphics and just earns more money in the end. This also shows that customers will chose the better looking option when there is a selection to make.

Popcap as a casual game producer is such an example. They just remake existing ideas. They made tons of match-3-games or a tower defense game (plants vs. zombies). They just do it better, with more units, better presentation, more particles, better sound, better music. And they port it to each possible platform. And it sells in the end. It works, they make tons of money.

This tells me, that game play is important, it is the base, the ingredient each game just needs to survive, but game play sells best with good presentation.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: unity 3 [Re: Machinery_Frank] #347985
11/21/10 16:32
11/21/10 16:32
ventilator Offline OP
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline OP
Senior Expert

good gameplay needs a good programmer. i also think that there is no way around it. and of course good presentation is important too. but good presentation doesn't have much to do with being AAA and next-gen (rachet's most favorite words smile). there are awesome games with very simple or rather abstract graphics.

edit:
Uncanny Fish Trailer
Pirates of the new horizons
i like the art direction of the first one a lot more. they have put more thought into colors and so on. the second one looks too cluttered. it somehow lacks hierarchy in colors, lighting, shapes...

if you are smart you can do something that is less work (extremely important for small developers!) and looks better at the same time. laugh

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de