by jcl. 04/20/24 08:38
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 715 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Intense Pathfinding 3 [Re: aenkku] #307117
01/27/10 10:35
01/27/10 10:35
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
Thanks Aris! you were always kind and generous, just as now.

Re: Intense Pathfinding 3 [Re: Quad] #307138
01/27/10 13:43
01/27/10 13:43
O
ortucis Offline
ortucis  Offline
O

This is really awesome. Please keep working on IP (hope you don't plan to abandon it after releasing it as a freeware) since those of us who prefer laying out nodes than coding it all from scratch are willing to even pay for it if required.

JCL should really integrate this with GS so A7 will have a significant edge over other engines in pathfinding in the whole package itself. grin

Thanks.

Click to reveal.. (warning)
Re: Intense Pathfinding 3 [Re: ortucis] #308277
02/02/10 17:51
02/02/10 17:51
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Quote:
Have you talked with jcl already? If you look at the forecast, they are planning some advanced AI stuff for the game templates.

I've talked to both Jcl and George about this. Jcl expressed interested but I'm not sure if he wants to implement it to gamestudio yet.

Quote:
It would save them a lot of work if they could buy your code.
I'm pretty sure they are interested laugh

Quote:
nice nice. good luck selling this.

I'm not selling Intense Pathfinding 3 to them. I'm giving it away for free. Hopefully they'll be interested..

Quote:
2009 i bought your copper (unfinished version or let me say "a version with some bugs").

Yes unfortunately I've hit a very overwhelming bug with Intense Ai which we're trying to solve with jcl as we speak. Of course, it hasn't stopped most of my customers from implementing Intense Ai Copper to their projects, but it really is a showstopper for my higher versions like Intense Ai Silver and Gold.

Quote:
And now i wanna say something to the people with corrupt versions of 3dgs and/or intense-pathfinding:

I HATE YOU!!! People like Larry are so nice and helpful, cause they are creating a free software! And tools with more features than the free vesion has,... and all that with a very good and at least a fair price. And some i***ts / stingy people are stealing this cool software!! >:( Shame on you, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Thanks for your support. It's a real blow to see your sales drop from 10 copies per month to 0 due to piracy. Piracy is only a minor annoyance for big software companies like Microsoft, but for independent developers it can be a very crucial hit, possibly even halting the entire project. So, make sure to support the small businesses and pay for their products:) If they're like me, all their profits will go right back towards future development of the product anyway.

Quote:
but I've got a simple question, is it possible to create pathfinding entitys during runtime? I can't see a function for that in your interface, but it's a "must have" function.

You're right. I don't know how I've missed that.

Please keep sending your feature requests on this thread, and I'll release a new version asap from the feedback I receive here, including run-time creation of pathfinding entities.

Quote:
Did anyone mention that Aris has only about 1200 posts, because each post is so long? wink Others make 10, no, 100 out of such a single post! - Multiply that. grin

Lol. I wish instead of a post count there was also a word count tongue Oh well laugh

Quote:
This is really awesome. Please keep working on IP (hope you don't plan to abandon it after releasing it as a freeware) since those of us who prefer laying out nodes than coding it all from scratch are willing to even pay for it if required.

IP was always freeware for 4 years now so I don't plan abandoning it anytime soon. There's also a subforum where I try to support this product whenever I get a chance.

Quote:
JCL should really integrate this with GS so A7 will have a significant edge over other engines in pathfinding in the whole package itself.

After I released Intense Ai a few years back, I've been receiving plenty messages telling me how they switched over Gamestudio just for Intense Ai, or if I can port Intense Ai to XYZ engine (torque, unity, Orge3d, etc..). So I think that all indie engines are severely lacking some good AI code at the moment. I hope this will soon change and we'll take AI tools for granted just like we take physics engines for granted now.

Thanks for your support everyone. Let me know if you have any feature requests, and keep replying if u think IP should be included with Gamestudio and WED.

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Pathfinding 3 [Re: LarryLaffer] #308294
02/02/10 18:53
02/02/10 18:53
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Good to see how this has progressed. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have time for creating full games and thus don't have any need for a proper AI - but I wish I would have had this package when I was working on my game with A5 - it has terrible AI grin

Re: Intense Pathfinding 3 [Re: FBL] #308307
02/02/10 19:11
02/02/10 19:11
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Hey Larry, laugh

is that not-properely-moving-bot-after-level-change bug fixed in Pathfinding 3? I didn`t download it yet and find nothing in your manual so I`m wondering if it`s worth the move from IP2 to IP3. If it`s fixed, do I have demontrable advantages besides the bugfix or is it just the new handling? To be honest I`m very happy with IP2 at the moment including its handling and don`t see an obvious reason to switch over to a more hulking new version, apart from the bug. Is that bug hard to fix? I don`t really want to overwork my whole AI code to match the new pathfinding system to be honest...

Nevertheless I think you did a great job opening even beginners the world to a monumental pathfinding solution. On the other hand I`m very happy to have started with IP1 back in WDL-times because by doing this I could learn a lot from your code and algorithms laugh

Re: Intense Pathfinding 3 [Re: Rondidon] #308325
02/02/10 20:06
02/02/10 20:06
EUROPE
maslone1 Offline
maslone1  Offline

EUROPE
Aris ....i hopefully wait for the gold-version! That is what i need to create the games i wanna create! laugh

...and aris,... u don't wanna earn money for your intense pathfinding? that's ok....
but you should get a free live-time update for your 3dgs-pro, or as long as you update your intense-pathfinding...

Last edited by maslone1; 02/03/10 06:07.

A8c, Blender, FlStudio, Unity3d
Re: Intense Pathfinding 3 [Re: maslone1] #309175
02/07/10 18:11
02/07/10 18:11
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
Quote:
Pure Dijkstra Search Algorithm (fast)

Is this really true?
Using a pure Dijkstra would make the agents run the path with the least nodes not the shortest one.

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Re: Intense Pathfinding 3 [Re: Puppeteer] #309180
02/07/10 18:52
02/07/10 18:52
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
Originally Posted By: Puppeteer
Quote:
Pure Dijkstra Search Algorithm (fast)

Is this really true?
Using a pure Dijkstra would make the agents run the path with the least nodes not the shortest one.

How do you get that idea? As far as I know Dijkstra works on weighted graphs (weight = distance e.g.) and selects the path from one node to every other node that is the least weighted one (in this case the shortest).

Re: Intense Pathfinding 3 [Re: Xarthor] #309183
02/07/10 19:09
02/07/10 19:09
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
Originally Posted By: Xarthor

How do you get that idea? As far as I know Dijkstra works on weighted graphs (weight = distance e.g.) and selects the path from one node to every other node that is the least weighted one (in this case the shortest).

Damn, you are right. grin

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Re: Intense Pathfinding 3 [Re: Puppeteer] #348406
11/26/10 09:11
11/26/10 09:11
karaj.Iran.
A
amir Offline
amir  Offline
A

karaj.Iran.
Hello my friends. I need your help. Intense-x I have a license to have bought. But the site is closed. I need activation code. I need your help. Thanks.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de