by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 642 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: Dimme] #349843
12/11/10 15:29
12/11/10 15:29
Germany
R
RedPhoenix Offline
User
RedPhoenix  Offline
User
R

Germany
I will check the sound codes with the new sound files and adjust them to fit with them, so that everything will be played correctly. If everything turns out right, I canprobably upload a new version next week, it will also include the solutions for the missing points on the list. I'll try to integrate all codes into the latest version of the movement code. (This is the one from 05.12.10, correct?)

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: RedPhoenix] #349932
12/12/10 13:26
12/12/10 13:26
Srbija
Dimme Offline
Dimme  Offline

Srbija
Thanks, I'm sure that you will be able to adjust them without any problem.
Pavle told me that he had some difficulties with integrating your scripts in Superk's new movement code (051210), so it would be great that you could make them work with latest level versions.
Also he told me that he will make an additional non-coded level which will include all of the still missing entities that requires sound effects (moving box, doors, telescopes...)
I forgot to mentioned but i had a problem with sound volume so i had to put very high volume numbers (2000,2500) to some sound effect, was the master volume lowered or is this a normal thing?
When i was working with Pavle on our projects sound max level was on 100.

Greetings

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: Dimme] #350917
12/20/10 10:30
12/20/10 10:30
Germany
R
RedPhoenix Offline
User
RedPhoenix  Offline
User
R

Germany
Hello Team members,

I'm nearly finished with the code solution list now and I have some last questions belonging how I should best integrate my code into the existing prototype:

1: Should I integrate the global use object system into superkus ability selection sytem? By now eg. pushing the cannonball is done by superkus code, the selection of player items is then disabled for the time the player is pulling or pushing an object. I could integrate the usage of other objects (cage, switch, basket etc.) into this system, advantage would be, that there will be only one control for activation, object usage and item selection. Disadvantage would be, that, whenever the player stands near a usable object, he won't be able to select a potion or switch the players.

@superku: if I integrate the system into your codes, I will just create another var similar to "pulling2" in the switch player function which will supress the potion selection whille it is set.

2: When working on the codes, I rearranged a lot of code, eg. I created a main.h including all definitions done in mvement.c and object.c so I had an overview over the skills used by other codes. I also integrated all extension scripts into existing script files. Would it be ok for you to overtake this version of the code? I used the newest code files I found on skydrive as basis.

3: When implementing the level changing system I realized that some levels have problems when run on the latest code version (taken from the level8_V3 prototype) Esp. level2 has a repeating error message (guess: shadeC or skysystem?) , where I didn't found the reason yet (I have no time to compare 9 versions of code to find their differences in each version). May be some of you can find the reasons for this error when testing the level changing.

4: I did some small changes (adjusting new actions to cannonball and digger etc.) to some levels with wed. I'll include a list of these changes so that Pavle can actualize the level versions.

I realized that the combination of all 9 existing levels takes nearly 300mb memory. So I won't be able to upload a complete prototype on skydrive. I will instead upload the complete code and all level wmb and wmp file, but no grafics and sound files.

Greetings
redphoenix

Last edited by RedPhoenix; 12/20/10 10:37.
Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: RedPhoenix] #351126
12/22/10 00:23
12/22/10 00:23
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
This is great news, I hope we will have completely functional chapter 3 levels soon smile

I'll focus my comments on things that are related to me or to the project in a global sort of way.

Concerning the first thing, I must admit that I'm not sure how this concept should be approached. I find the system where I can't access the potion/player switching menu when standing near the object that can be moved a bit distracting. If we expand this also to objects that can be picked up/used it could potentially be, in my opinion, a gameplay-killer frown

The error messages I get are all connected to the use of 'linked_door' action & are creating the 'Crash in sc mtlEvent_depth: SYS' error, I guess that this is Shade-C DOF related error because it does not occur when DOF is turned off. If your problems with level changing are Sky System related then they can be ignored because the system is going to be replaced with the new one that George is coding.

As for last thing, anything that should be changed in order to enhance the functionality of the level is o.k. with me smile

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #352589
01/04/11 15:41
01/04/11 15:41
Germany
R
RedPhoenix Offline
User
RedPhoenix  Offline
User
R

Germany
Hey team,

happy new year to everybody!

I uploaded the next version of the code solutions now to skydrive/prototypes (codesolutionsV2.zip I forgot the date, sorry). All points on the list are done in thi version although I'm not that satisfied with some solutions right now...

I included several lists with changes I made to levels and code. To run the prototype you have to include all grafical data and most model files to the folder, the file would have become to big, if I'd included them. Theoretically it's possible to walkthrough all 9 levels now, however I didn't know where to place the exits and therefore just placed them somewhere so it might not work in every level. You can also browse through the levels by redefining current_level or by setting collected_bonuses ingame to a high value and then entering the exit.

There are still a lot of problems including some error messages when level switching and when using postprocessing, therefore it's disabled in this version. Esp. view entitys don't work for me when ppe is on.

@ganderoleg:
I'm very sorry but I didn't see that you uploaded a new version of level 2. So the old one (V2) is included in the prototype.
@superku:
I took the newest version of your script as basis. As I changed a lot of script files, it won't be easy to integrate the codes into another code version, but if your actual code version is not that different from version 05.12.10 you might integrate your new codes into this code version.

@dimme: The problem with the volume was related to the usage of 3d entity sound commands instead of snd_play. I corrected this for all sounds that are not really related to an object or that are only played when player is near the object at any case. But for the digger I had to use the entity sounds, so there the voulme (which also define the sound distance) has to be high as the camera has always a certain distance to the level plain.

greetings
redphoenix

Last edited by RedPhoenix; 01/04/11 15:45.
Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: RedPhoenix] #352631
01/04/11 22:24
01/04/11 22:24
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Great news & great work smile

I've downloaded the zip immediately & made a few tests grin I was, naturally, unable to tryout all of the levels with new scripts at this time but I've tested levels 1 through 3 & they all functioned very good smile

As for errors & similar issues I haven't found anything in first 3 levels that you haven't already mentioned in your readme file:

1.The cannonball does seems to be somewhat off because of the crate-hull around it, but once we change player placeholder-model with real player's models we could have few 'push' animations, for large, middle & small objects (with hands in upper, middle or downward position)?

2.In all of the three levels error message displaying 'Crash in switch_players: SYS' appeared when leaving the level.

3.When ppe's are enabled view entities aren't shown on the screen, but the error message 'Crash in sc_mtlEvent_depth: SYS' appears only if DOF is running, otherwise no error message appears (no error with HDR, desaturate & colorshift).

I'll give all remaining levels a try & see if maybe I can also assist in some small way, by creating additional code that will restrict use of magic potions only on those potions that have been picked up, add m_potion action to all magic potion bottles in the level & maybe try to somehow fix that Shade-C DOF depth error.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #352768
01/05/11 20:07
01/05/11 20:07
Srbija
Dimme Offline
Dimme  Offline

Srbija
Hi guys,

Happy new year to all laugh

@RedPhoenix

It's a great job you did and thanks for the explanations.

About the implemented sounds, after talking with Pavle we agreed not to use some sound files:

Digger_steam a_d
cannonball_falling

I was not planing for the cannnonball_push to be that short so i will try to recreated in another way.

About the missing sounds, we need a few:

Switch players
Push crate
Enemy and monsters random sounds (Mumbling, breathing, getting hit...)
Sounds related to game play (player getting caught, level restart)

That's all i can think of in this moment.

Greetings,

Ivan

Re: Untitled Platformer - Programmers' corner [Re: Dimme] #353071
01/07/11 17:43
01/07/11 17:43
Germany
R
RedPhoenix Offline
User
RedPhoenix  Offline
User
R

Germany
Quote:
About the implemented sounds, after talking with Pavle we agreed not to use some sound files:

Digger_steam a_d
cannonball_falling

Ok, I'll remove those files from the code.
About cannonball push: The point is, when pushing the ball this can be a very short or a very long process. But it sounded strange when a long sound was played and the player only tipped the cannonball.

@ganderoleg: I think we should wait with the final cannonball moving process until we have the final player models. Up to now it's at least possible to work with the cannonball more or less.

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de