Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Silas Beta Demo 0.91.0 [Re: Memorix101] #361042
02/28/11 19:10
02/28/11 19:10
Berlin, Germany
S
SchokoKeks Offline
User
SchokoKeks  Offline
User
S

Berlin, Germany
I don't know.. Did you see the server in the list?

I'm not using a NAT router, I have a direct connection so no port forwarding needed. Firewall is clear, too. Other games including my own ANET based game "Survive!" work.

I've opened another server, and this time i entered the IP manually. Lets see if it works this time.

Re: Silas Beta Demo 0.91.0 [Re: Damocles_] #361048
02/28/11 19:23
02/28/11 19:23
Internet
Memorix101 Offline
Memorix101  Offline

Internet
.... suddendly the game crashed !
Its alot of fun ! I will buy it !!!

Last edited by Memorix_101; 02/28/11 19:24.
Re: Silas Beta Demo 0.91.0 [Re: Memorix101] #361052
02/28/11 20:00
02/28/11 20:00
Berlin, Germany
S
SchokoKeks Offline
User
SchokoKeks  Offline
User
S

Berlin, Germany
I was only able to host when entering my IP manually as static IP. There was still visible lag although we both came from germany.

I found the camera to be restrained to much, as Damocles (?) said. Try the UT2004 method, at least for the fighting oriented modes!

The menus are a bit to cramped, especially those in online mode. And you definitely need bots in online race modes!

Looking forward for bugfixes etc!

Re: Silas Beta Demo 0.91.0 [Re: Germanunkol] #361069
02/28/11 21:15
02/28/11 21:15
Alberta, Canada
William Offline OP
Expert
William  Offline OP
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Quote:
The Game resized my Desktop, to be widescreen. While mutliple games have done that, I note it here because the radar seems like it was affected by it? The little dots representing objects

What resolution is your desktop running? And what res is the game running? And did it resize your actual desktop resolution or just the games to be widescreen? Is your monitor widescreen? A couple users reported their radar wasn't fully accurate, this is due to resolution/math errors. tongue

Quote:
I got really confused with all the weapons.

Yeah this has been mentioned a few times. I'll add numbers and even possibly names to make things easier.

Quote:
.... suddendly the game crashed !
Its alot of fun ! I will buy it !!!

Sorry about the crashes online. I will fix these. Hope you purchase, I appreciate the support! laugh

Quote:
I was only able to host when entering my IP manually as static IP. There was still visible lag although we both came from germany.

I plan to tackle the lag a bit better as my dead-reckoning sucks right now. Just never had time to look into it. As for the IP, that is odd that you can't connect. The game should forward ports automatically to the static IP given through server_ip. And it retrieves your internet IP through this website.

http://www.whatismyip.com/

Can you go to this website and let me know if the IP given there is the exact same as the one you entered manually? If it is, it could just be a string error on my side. Also, did your firewall allow access to Silas.exe? I really want to figure this connection issues out. I'm using native A8 Enet. Although I make use of Anet for it's UDP(LAN sniffing) and HTTP functions(like retrieving an IP).

I never had an issue with someone connecting to my server... so I'm a bit confused. How do you go about retrieving your IP in Survive?

Quote:
I found the camera to be restrained to much, as Damocles (?) said. Try the UT2004 method, at least for the fighting oriented modes!

I will be looking into this after I fix the online functionality bugs. As I've noticed there are quite a few crashes and the such with online. As well, expect some sort of messaging board in-game alongside other stats like who's online ect. To make it easier for people to meet through game. And I will include a text log too for the next beta(so I can find problem areas easily).

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: Silas Beta Demo 0.91.0 [Re: William] #361075
02/28/11 21:45
02/28/11 21:45
Berlin, Germany
S
SchokoKeks Offline
User
SchokoKeks  Offline
User
S

Berlin, Germany
The IP on whatismyip.com is exactly the same i entered as static IP. Firewall and
forwarding (not needed, see above) can't be the issue as it worked with the same settings after manually entering my IP. Maybe the was another bug, I'll reopen the server now with automatic IP, please check if you can connect.

The "crash" Memorix described was that I had to forcefully shutdown the server with ALT+F4.
On pressing 'enter' (while i was searching for a player list or scoreboard) the game minimized into a tiny window with only a tenth of the screen showing . I couldn't get back to fullscreen and i couldn't use the menu, so I had to shut down the server.

However, don't loose faith here! I can see your game will be great after issues have been worked out! And I haven't played much singleplayer yet, thats another highlight!

Re: Silas Beta Demo 0.91.0 [Re: SchokoKeks] #361081
02/28/11 22:01
02/28/11 22:01
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

I had the Enter-Smallscreen too.
In this case hit F5, and when its big enough, Alt-Enter.

Afterwards it will not jump to smallscreen again.

Should be easy to fix, must be some videofunction beeing called
on the keypress.

Re: Silas Beta Demo 0.91.0 [Re: Damocles_] #361101
02/28/11 23:12
02/28/11 23:12
Alberta, Canada
William Offline OP
Expert
William  Offline OP
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Yeah i'll figure out the enter bug. THanks for the diagnostics guys. smile

btw - it was a blast playing against you SchokoKeks, your killer with rocket launcher against air! cool

Last edited by William; 02/28/11 23:12.

Re: Silas Beta Demo 0.91.0 [Re: William] #361155
03/01/11 08:58
03/01/11 08:58
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Just preordered wink .
The game is awesome overall. Very well done.

What I like:

- The gameplay feels unique. I like the mix of Mario Kart, Trackmania and Unreal Tournament. It`s great fun.
- So many different game modes. So much to do. laugh
- The graphics are nice. The style is consistent and looks dynamic and colorful. Very well done.
- The performance is good. Just few slowdowns when picking up new weapons (this may be caused by media_play. Use snd_play for item sounds) and when there are many particles on screen.
- The menu looks very professional and athmospheric. I like pretty much everything about it.
- The music is awesome
- The Silas museum is very interesting. Watched the pictures, videos and descriptions for about half an hour. I love background stories. But: Is it me or does it end in the year 2004?
- It`s real fun. Played Silas for about two hours now and it`s not getting boring. Can`t remember any GameStudio project that good. Maybe the Dejobaan games. Even "Glider - collect n kill" isn`t even close to your game.

What I don`t like:

- The weapons are a bit confusing. There are so many of them and it`s so hard to identify them by the HUD graphics.
- The synchro of some characters is a bit strange and amateurish. They sound very similar to each other. Especially Funnel, Biggs and Magnus sound pseudo-cool, but in a bad way imho. Bramble sounds just gay ^^ . Starlight and the other girl sound good. But there are also good characters. Squeed is very funny laugh . Maybe you should overwork this part with some professional voices instead of amateurs. Don`t forget: People are identifing themselves with those voices.
- The Xbox controller isn`t well supported. I`d like to use the analog sticks and feel vibrations. Also, it should work in the menus. Of course this is a PC-only title, but for that type of gameplay good Xbox/gamepad support is duty nowdays.
- There are so few people online frown

--

Overall this may be the first GameStudio-game besides AAaaAa which I`ll recommend to friends and family without any bad concience. Wish you all the best for the release.

Re: Silas Beta Demo 0.91.0 [Re: Rondidon] #361273
03/02/11 06:40
03/02/11 06:40
Alberta, Canada
William Offline OP
Expert
William  Offline OP
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Indeed the game seems to crash on some users computers when the server leaves. I can't reproduce it here, but I assume it's most definitely a pointer error or something. In the next beta, I will be making some logs so I can easily debug such problem.

Thank you so much for the run-down Rondidon and of course, for pre-ordering! You wont be dissapointed as final game is more than 4x as big as this demo, and has some really cool things in it for everyone yet to see. cool

Quote:
- The synchro of some characters is a bit strange and amateurish. They sound very similar to each other. Especially Funnel, Biggs and Magnus sound pseudo-cool, but in a bad way imho. Bramble sounds just gay ^^ . Starlight and the other girl sound good. But there are also good characters. Squeed is very funny laugh . Maybe you should overwork this part with some professional voices instead of amateurs. Don`t forget: People are identifing themselves with those voices.

Yeah I respect this opinion, although every seems to like different characters from my test. I really can't afford proffesionals, but maybe you don't know but there is an option in settings screen to turn character voices off. Bramble was supposed to be a redneck dude, lol.

Quote:
The Xbox controller isn`t well supported. I`d like to use the analog sticks and feel vibrations. Also, it should work in the menus. Of course this is a PC-only title, but for that type of gameplay good Xbox/gamepad support is duty nowdays.

Did you try enabling the xbox controller in your settings screen? You can put both that checkbox and the vibration check box on and it should work flawlessly in the raceing mode(but you have to connect controller before starting game). Future update will have it work on menus and best I can get in battle modes.

Quote:
There are so few people online

This will be remidied when it's released as it should be on a few digital distribution sites. And I plan to add everything damacoles said about message boards and game post boards in game. As well, there will be stats about whos online ect. in future.

Re: Silas Beta Demo 0.91.0 [Re: William] #361705
03/04/11 15:26
03/04/11 15:26
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
I hope you get this on Steam and garner some attention in a few big game magazines. When you become famous and successful, don't forget to mention that you used Gamestudio to make the game... wink

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de