Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: [SCION:tps] preAlpha GamePlay Test and Contest Entry [Re: darkinferno] #360981
02/28/11 13:05
02/28/11 13:05
T
the_clown Offline
User
the_clown  Offline
User
T

Well, am downloading atm, but from what I can see from the screenshots the character models look very good. Also, I like the idea of painting the armor and stuff. Cant say anything about the gameplay atm though.

Re: [SCION:tps] preAlpha GamePlay Test and Contest Entry [Re: the_clown] #360988
02/28/11 14:28
02/28/11 14:28
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Apparently clicking around the armor screen just to see all available armor parts wastes money which makes the credits go negative. (In other words: Do the buying on the server, not on the local profile)

Weapons menu overrides the game menu in-game.

Think of users with widescreen displays! (16:10 AND 16:9)

W + A/D makes weird animations while running

Looking around the in-game menu can be tiresome when you hear a shot everytime you click a button.

Climbing stairs not so easy without jumping

I cant for the love of it choose another weapon

The profile creation screen should not allow one to select a slot if there is no profile in it (creates nameless profile which is extremely buggy and in no way playable)

The pistol seems to need about 30 hits to kill someone, which is totally underpowered. Especially if its the only weapon you can use.

You also need a GUI designer, right now the whole thing is just a lot of stuff garbled up with no uniform style. Loading screen is horrible.

Controls are choppy (you probably work with integers for rotating, which makes the whole thing very stiff, remember roll/pan/tilt can have decimals!)

Now for the positive:

The character shaders seem good.

Multiplayer works, kind of.

SuperBloom works, but should be toned down just a bit.

Good start, but I would not peg it 51%, there is a lot of fine-tuning to be done, and the devil is in the details. Just having lots of half-assed features will never be as good as 2 features that work perfectly.

Last edited by Michael_Schwarz; 02/28/11 14:32.

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: [SCION:tps] preAlpha GamePlay Test and Contest Entry [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #360989
02/28/11 14:40
02/28/11 14:40
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
ok, i hope to address all those in the next update, i'll also give infinite cash for the sake of testing and i apologize for the bugs guys but this is more of a bug hunt release rather than for actual demo

Re: [SCION:tps] preAlpha GamePlay Test and Contest Entry [Re: darkinferno] #361003
02/28/11 16:17
02/28/11 16:17
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
ok, so i want to update the game, but it seems changing the EXE and acknex.dll isnt enough, that seems to work when its not using a RESOURCE, anyone can give me some tips on that ? or do i have to reUpload the whole thing ?

Re: [SCION:tps] preAlpha GamePlay Test and Contest Entry [Re: darkinferno] #361010
02/28/11 16:51
02/28/11 16:51
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Replacing EXE and acknex.dll should be sufficient.
I'm using A8 and I update frequently just with a new EXE file (with A8 a single acknex.dll works with all executables).

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: [SCION:tps] preAlpha GamePlay Test and Contest Entry [Re: Superku] #361013
02/28/11 16:58
02/28/11 16:58
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
yes i always did that only now its compressed to WRS and doesnt seem to work, i'll try again though

SERVER OFFLINE

Re: [SCION:tps] preAlpha GamePlay Test and Contest Entry [Re: darkinferno] #361029
02/28/11 17:58
02/28/11 17:58
Spain
painkiller Offline
Serious User
painkiller  Offline
Serious User

Spain
I tested game with training run, here are my impressions:

-I like player's model and shader
-I really miss more screen resolution options than 4:3, I use 16:10 and 16:9 monitors
-Game crashed for me when I used rocket launcher
-Ingame esc-menu got covered by weapons panel, so I couldn't click on leave game
-Player walking is a bit strange, he seems like jumping with that giant steps, running is perfect.
-I miss a hand and body animation (movement) when shooting and a bit of camera recoil, it looks a bit artificial.
-I also miss blending between walking and running, or walking and standing.
-In some stairs of test level movement failed and I had to jump to go up.

I know this is just an alpha play-test and I suppose you had planned most of my suggests, but just in case I've posted them

3D Gamestudio A8 Pro
AMD FX 8350 4.00 Ghz
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Re: [SCION:tps] preAlpha GamePlay Test and Contest Entry [Re: painkiller] #361031
02/28/11 18:07
02/28/11 18:07
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
-i'll look into the screen options
-lol i dont even know how you go to use the rocketlauncher, its suppose to be locked
-ingame menu over items SHOULD be fixed, i hope
-hand and body movement and all the shooting mechanics are indeed planned
-blending from the spring animation is tricky because it uses a complete diffent technique from the rest of anims but will be fixed
-ahm.. stairs, well.. thats my level designers job xD

thanks for trying, i really hope i can get a few more players online though

Re: [SCION:tps] preAlpha GamePlay Test and Contest Entry [Re: darkinferno] #361034
02/28/11 18:18
02/28/11 18:18
T
the_clown Offline
User
the_clown  Offline
User
T

Well, tried only the testing run, but there are the following things apart from what was already said:

- I couldnt "buy" any weapons at all. Could be I did something wrong, but by clicking on the panel I could not select the new weapon

- it looks strange how the upper body follows the camera. Maybe add some more constraints and more bend the upper body instead of just turning it at the spine.

- the color tinting stuff in the loadout menu was a bit strange - the armor wasnt really colored, it looked more like an transparent overlay color instead of paint. I suppose you change the ambient or diffuse values of the material?

However, thats the things that sprang to my eye.

Oh, and regarding the animation stuff mentioned: Ask Painkiller for ent_blendpose, he can tell he some stuff which could be helpful for you. Especially regarding the blending from the spring animation. You see, using ent_blendpose you can indeed blend from EVERY possible bone pose, even procedural stuff like ragdolls, to every other pose, no matter if it was set by ent_animate or ent_bonerotate or whatever. Meaning you can very well blend from procedural animation (what I guess you use for the jumping and all that) to keyframe animation using the same system as blending between keyframe animations, and you can easily add a animation layer and -mixing system which will also make the adding of hand of body animation for shooting and stuff a) easier and b) better looking.

EDIT: Oh, and of course - apart from that its already very cool. I liked the basic framework, the characters look cool, though I noticed that some loadout configurations arent really fitting together - some armor parts stick into each other and stuff. But I liked the particle effects, the general style and Im looking forward to see this with some real levels.

Last edited by the_clown; 02/28/11 18:23.
Re: [SCION:tps] preAlpha GamePlay Test and Contest Entry [Re: the_clown] #361036
02/28/11 18:33
02/28/11 18:33
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
I've tried four times to connect to your server, but it doesn't work anymore.

Bug: When you change the saturation of any armor color, the saturation panel will always be visible, even in-game.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de