Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 1,369 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: terrorism? [Re: Sajeth] #359195
02/16/11 03:35
02/16/11 03:35
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Originally Posted By: Redeemer

Quote:
people always say things like japan attacked us first or osama attacked us first, but that is completely untrue..

Um. Japan DID attack us first. Ever heard of Pearl Harbor? America wanted to be neutral through the war. And then Japan attacked us without warrant at Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. That's when the war began for America.

And you think we never antagonized anyone before that? by that point we already basically had told everyone that we were king of the world, and that anybody that believe in communism was wrong and evil.

Why do we feel we can tell other countries what to do and still think we aren't going to be attacked for it?

Originally Posted By: Sajeth
Originally Posted By: lostclimate
And honestly I think an IQ test should be in place for voters.... because george bush was elected ..... twice...

Lets not forget about Obama.

obama was elected over john mccain. obama may not be doing great, but he was obviously the better choice. also come on.... mccain ran with palin. she is the brunt of every modern politics joke for a reason.

IMO the best recent presidential choice would have been/will be Ron Paul. For once we have someone trying to run that actually you know... follows the constitution, and doesnt bully the american people using fear to get there way. All these retarded folk out there that think if they allow a middle easterner start a small business in their community, that they are going to get blown up, well all those people vote vote though, and arent going away so i guess we'll never get to see an intelligent successful america in the near future.

god i want to move away from all these ignorant, redneck hicks.

EDIT:

Quote:
It would've been successful if the American military had been able to do what it needed to do to win.

Why did we need to win that war anyways... why was there even a war... it was retarded to even go there in the first place.

Last edited by lostclimate; 02/16/11 03:37.
Re: terrorism? [Re: lostclimate] #359196
02/16/11 03:51
02/16/11 03:51
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Quote:
And you think we never antagonized anyone before that? by that point we already basically had told everyone that we were king of the world, and that anybody that believe in communism was wrong and evil.

You know... I think I will just ignore everything you said there, for two reasons:

1. It's bogus nonsense. Ever heard of the Monroe doctrine?

2. It's bogus nonsense.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: terrorism? [Re: Redeemer] #359197
02/16/11 04:21
02/16/11 04:21
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
what does the monroe doctrine have to do with our "were going to tell everyone else what to do" attitude? and come on.. your really going to tell me that thats not true or "bogus nonsense"? then why is it we get atomic weapons but no one else does? why is it that we are trying our hardest to "own" the internet. there is no denying that the us seems to think that every one of our opinions can be the only opinion.

Re: terrorism? [Re: Redeemer] #359198
02/16/11 04:47
02/16/11 04:47
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline
User
Emre  Offline
User

Turkey, Izmir
Please. The bombing of Japan was not a terrorist attack by any stretch of the imagination. It was our (correct) response to Japan's refusal to surrender.

Responce to civilian? You think this is response?

or this

or this?. That's just diabolic.

But... Ah! i almost forgot! America is not guilty right? That's dolphine and whale!

It's not like we abandoned them after the bombing, either. They agreed to surrender, we raised up a new government for them based on freedom, democracy, and capitalism(!), and then let them grow into the economic GIANTS they are today! Just think about it: Toyota, Nintendo, Sega... Those companies which have been completely stimulating the worldwide economy would've never existed if we hadn't set Japan straight. Left to itself, Japan would be nothing but a dictatorship.

You are typical american. Congrats!
A:-Hey there little japan! I must kill you. But don't worry. When you are die, your economy blablabla, democracy blabla bla
and bla. Oh and i'm not terrorist btw.
J:-Oh. That's okay.. Please kill me. i need some nuke. And thank you.

A:-Hey there little iraqian! I must kill you. But don't worry. When you are die, your economy blablabla, democracy blabla bla and bla. Oh and i'm not terrorist btw. and could you tell me where is the f.cking WMD? (Weapons of Mass Destruction )
I: bla?

How old are you btw?

Re: terrorism? [Re: Emre] #359200
02/16/11 05:23
02/16/11 05:23
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
emre brings up a good point, what good is an economy running the way we think it should do to the millions that died.

money in lieu of life does not seem like a fair trade to me.

Re: terrorism? [Re: lostclimate] #359226
02/16/11 10:46
02/16/11 10:46
Germany
J
jenGs Offline
jenGs  Offline
J

Germany
I agree, no taken life of a human is worth any change. Even if we could find a cure for cancer it would not justify eperiments with deadly outcome on humans.

But .. We need a powerfull democratic(!) country. Somebody has to play the world police. If nobody does that, we would be the pawn of countries like china. (We allready are in economics ... )

Somehow the USA are still a respected military force. And that is good.
Ok, I don't approve with the war in Iraque (or at least how it was done) Or with the many many civilian deads in Afghanistan.

Re: terrorism? [Re: jenGs] #359245
02/16/11 13:25
02/16/11 13:25
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
I can see there's no point to this. If you truly believe it's not right to take a life under any circumstances, I can't argue with you.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: terrorism? [Re: Redeemer] #359249
02/16/11 14:15
02/16/11 14:15
Random Offline OP
User
Random  Offline OP
User

Ok I see.

Explain what for you is a terrorist.
And explain what for you is a freedoms fighter

Is the terrorist maby a freedoms fighter and the freedoms fighter a terrorist.
Or maby there are both a terrorist, maby there are both freedoms fighter?

But then there are peapol like the rothschild famiey...

But that is just a think helper grin
What do you guys think?

Last edited by Random; 02/16/11 14:19.

Re: terrorism? [Re: Random] #359251
02/16/11 14:20
02/16/11 14:20
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

from wikipedia:
Quote:
Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or ideological goal, deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians), and are committed by non-government agencies.
everything except the last point fits.

regarding hiroshima and nagasaki... i don't quite get why it was necessary to wipe out two cities instead of demonstrating the bomb on some empty area.

Re: terrorism? [Re: ventilator] #359252
02/16/11 14:25
02/16/11 14:25
Random Offline OP
User
Random  Offline OP
User

And what is for you a freedom fighter?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite