Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, ozgur, AbrahamR, wdlmaster), 849 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Re: nuclear meltdown in japan [Re: sPlKe] #363388
03/12/11 16:16
03/12/11 16:16
ventilator Offline OP
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline OP
Senior Expert

it's very likely that a meltdown is already going on. the rods were more than halfway out of the cooling water for many hours. what's not certain is how well the containment will hold. hopefully it holds.

it's interesting how in the beginning the news were quite different in austria and germany. in germany it was seen as much more harmless. in the meantime the news are the same though.

Re: nuclear meltdown in japan [Re: ventilator] #363390
03/12/11 16:18
03/12/11 16:18
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
I really hope that this stupid thing finally blows up, I can't stand the "OH MY GOD, A NUCLEAR MELTDOWN!!!1111eleven WE WILL ALL DIE NOW" anymore.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: nuclear meltdown in japan [Re: WretchedSid] #363392
03/12/11 16:20
03/12/11 16:20
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
I really don't know how you can hope for a nuclear cathastrophe...

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: nuclear meltdown in japan [Re: Uhrwerk] #363393
03/12/11 16:27
03/12/11 16:27
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Well, the thing blows up anyway, right? Why can't it blow up _NOW_ so people stop annoying me with how bad everything in Japan is right now and we can live on?
I mean, yes, its horrible etc. pp. but I don't want to hear/read it anymore. Everyone comes now and pretends to be the Japan expert, while they were plagiat experts yesterday and football experts the other day.

Re: nuclear meltdown in japan [Re: WretchedSid] #363395
03/12/11 16:31
03/12/11 16:31
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Well, if you don't want to hear anything about that anymore, then close your browser, turn off your tv. I don't know if the reactor will blow up anyways. I do not belong to the group of nulear experts. Wishing for a catastrophe to happen so you don't have to hear about it anymore seems quite odd to me anyways.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: nuclear meltdown in japan [Re: Uhrwerk] #363398
03/12/11 16:39
03/12/11 16:39
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Even if I would close my browser, the world around me also become experts about this topic.

Quote:
Wishing for a catastrophe to happen so you don't have to hear about it anymore seems quite odd to me anyways.

So what? I think the same about other possible catastrophes too. The next oil spill? Fine, let it come now. A big war? Alright, but NOW please. Its just that people always think it would interest me or something like that and then I have to listen to the same opinion again and again.

Beside that, my news feed mostly consist out of tech related stuff, heise, apple developer feed, cocoa with love, cocoa is my girlfriend, etc. I follow only tech related people on twitter and I don't consume any mainstream media service like TV or newspaper. AND still, since yesterday everyone is talking about this reactor and why it blows up eventually and how fucked we are. It was okay the first time at 1 am, now its only annoying.

Call me cruel, crazy, heartless or whatever but I really don't care about this reactor.

Re: nuclear meltdown in japan [Re: Uhrwerk] #363400
03/12/11 16:50
03/12/11 16:50
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany

Quote:
Well, the thing blows up anyway, right? Why can't it blow up _NOW_ so people stop annoying me with how bad everything in Japan is right now and we can live on?
I mean, yes, its horrible etc. pp. but I don't want to hear/read it anymore.

. . .

A very insightful post of yours you have there, that tells us quite a lot about you (mainly concerning an almost sad desire to come across as cool and different).
Maybe in a few years, you'll actually figure out why people may find this worthy of discussion. In the meantime, feel free to continue to try way to hard to be funny on the internet.

Predictable response A: "Children in Africa are starving everyday and you don't discuss that!"
Predictable response B: "I was only sarcastic okay of course I care"
Predictable response C: "I don't care what you guys think of me because I'm a unique and pretty snowflake"

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: nuclear meltdown in japan [Re: Error014] #363402
03/12/11 16:57
03/12/11 16:57
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: Error014

Maybe in a few years, you'll actually figure out why people may find this worthy of discussion. In the meantime, feel free to continue to try way to hard to be funny on the internet.

I don't mind discussion, discuss as much as you want about it, but don't bother me with you wannabe expert opinion, because I don't think that you are a genius or cool because you told me that this is all bad and we could make it so much better if the evil pharma-terror-government-cia-whatever group wouldn't hold back all money for the really nice things because all they are interested in is profit and of course because they are pure evil.

If you would be really worried about anything, you wouldn't bitch about it on the interwebs, but as you are here and tell me that everything is bad now, you seem to don't really care either.

Sorry fürs deutsche aber ich weiß nicht wie ich es auf englisch schreiben soll, das Argument mit den Afrikanern ist genauso gut wie das mit "Gibt es denn nichts wichtigeres?". Ja, es gibt immer etwas wichtigeres, mal abgesehen davon dass das extrem subjektiv ist, und genau deswegen sollte man auch nicht über das wichtigere sondern über das aktuelle diskutieren. Alles ist es Wert diskutiert zu werden, aber das geht verloren wenn alle in eine Richtung dieselbe Meinung brüllen und einen auf "Ich habs ja gleich gewusst" und "ich weiß es auch jetzt besser" machen.
Diskussion okay, wannabe experten brauch ich nicht.

Sarkasmus war das auch nicht, ich mein das absolut ernst.

Was hast du dagegen individuell zu sein? Wenns mich deine neu gefundene und innerhalb von 5 Minuten gebildete Experten Meinung nicht interessiert bin ich also uncool weil nicht mehr mainstream? Wenn du das wirklich so siehst tust du mir echt leid.

Last edited by JustSid; 03/12/11 17:03.

Re: nuclear meltdown in japan [Re: WretchedSid] #363407
03/12/11 17:07
03/12/11 17:07
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Quote:
I don't mind discussion, discuss as much as you want about it, but don't bother me with you wannabe expert opinion,

In what way exactly do I... bother you with my opinion?
I mean, I haven't send them to you via PM or email, haven't called you on the phone or knocked on your door to tell you them. Instead, I posted them here, where you freely decided to read them.

Unless there's a guy behind you holding a pistol to your head, with his only order being to continously hitting refresh, I really can't see how there's anyone to blame but you.

Quote:
because I don't think that you are a genius or cool because you told me that this is all bad and we could make it so much better if the evil pharma-terror-government-cia-whatever group wouldn't hold back all money for the really nice things because all they are interested in is profit and of course because they are pure evil.

OK. Mostly quoted for being awful and hilarious (and agreeing with my previous post so well).

Quote:

If you would be really worried about anything, you wouldn't bitch about it on the interwebs, but as you are here and tell me that everything is bad now, you seem to don't really care either.

What would I do instead? ... Build a spaceship and leave the planet...?
Seriously, I'm at a loss. I can't really go there and help, you know.

Quote:
Diskussion okay, wannabe experten brauch ich nicht

While I begin to understand your argument, it seems to be extremely misplaced in this thread. Because there is not a single one "wannabe expert"-opinion. The usual post here is "Last thing I've read is *THAT*". This is not even an opinion. That's just stating the latest news for the rest.

There's been a little side-discussion (for three posts) regarding nuclear plants in germany, which mainly consists of the debate regarding nuclear waste, a problem that hasn't been solved yet (which is a fact), and Damocles' short remark that such a catastrophe is unlikely to happen here (which highlights the safety-aspect that is often part of this discussion). That, again, isn't really a "new opinion established in five minutes". What statement exactly are you referring to?

Maybe such opinions are there in your facebook or messenger-contacts, but then that is something best discussed with them, not with us.

Quote:

Was hast du dagegen individuell zu sein? Wenns mich deine neu gefundene und innerhalb von 5 Minuten gebildete Experten Meinung nicht interessiert bin ich also uncool weil nicht mehr mainstream? Wenn du das wirklich so siehst tust du mir echt leid.

Way to miss the point. There's nothing wrong with being yourself. There IS something fundamentally wrong to outright state you wish a catastrophe (possibly in full knowledge of what that might entail) to happen because easily avoidable discussions in an internetforum about that "bother you".
What I was referring to is that this isn't unusual for teenagers, and those usually try to rationalize their opinions in a (possibly less ironicly formulated) response that I've given as "predictable responses". That wasn't so much aimed at you, though.

If you wish to discuss this, that is absolutely fine by me. But please open a new thread for that, because what happened here REALLY doesn't deserve to be filled with posts like those. And it's also offtopic.

Last edited by Error014; 03/12/11 17:20. Reason: To reply to JustSids (unfortunately unmarked) Edit.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: nuclear meltdown in japan [Re: Error014] #363411
03/12/11 17:17
03/12/11 17:17
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: Error014
because what happened here REALLY doesn't deserve to be filled with posts like those. And it's also offtopic.

Ahhh, sure, they deserve wannabe experts opinions about things they don't understand (I don't say that I understand how a nuclear power-plant works), and experts in things like how everything could be better and they say it for yeaaars now. Because that it was caring really means, standing next to the one with the bleeding nose and saying "told ya".
Wow, I can't express how dumb that is.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de