by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Quad, AndrewAMD, Imhotep, TipmyPip, Edgar_Herrera), 809 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Goblin character contest [WARNING GOBLIN NUDITY]: [Re: ratchet] #372065
05/27/11 19:08
05/27/11 19:08
Baden Württemberg, Germany
Espér Offline
Expert
Espér  Offline
Expert

Baden Württemberg, Germany
i really like the model..

ok.. the texture is bad.. but that´s something you or others can work on..

I´ve a question...
Can you do a Model for me?

I need this Imp (from Dungeon keeper) without the pick:

http://www.tuppambr.demon.co.uk/olivia/oliviaimp.jpg

^_^

Last edited by Espér; 05/27/11 19:09.

Selling my Acknex Engine Editions (A7 Com & A8 Pro):
>> click here if you are interested <<
Re: Goblin character contest [WARNING GOBLIN NUDITY]: [Re: ratchet] #372066
05/27/11 19:09
05/27/11 19:09
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: ratchet
JUSTIFIYNG YOURSELF !

WHO HAVE SAID I WAS A TROLL IN THIS THREAD !

I DON'T HAVE INSULTED YOU COMPARED TO YOU !!

I'M NOT THE ATTACKER !!!

Cpt. Capslock in the house much?

I asked you if you are a troll, I didn't said that you are one (although I have the feeling). This was my second post, after you made a lot of false claims and wrote a lot of other bullshit.
The fact is: Every time I read something of you, I want to smash my head onto my desk as hard as possible. I don't like you, you claim to work in "the industry" but as what? A janitor? You prove with every post that you have no real clue about all the things, but just an opinion.

AND IF PEROSNALLY I FIND SCULPTING CHARACTERS HEAVY AND TIRING , WHY NOT ??? THAT'S MY RIGHT NO laugh ?

Yes, but don't think that this changes my opinion about your work.

and perhaps i have long days working on computer in my job and already some bad people to behave with sometimes laugh !

I have to hold deadlines too, I have to work with difficult clients too. But the fact is still that your model is not next gen.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Goblin character contest [WARNING GOBLIN NUDITY]: [Re: WretchedSid] #372071
05/27/11 19:38
05/27/11 19:38
ratchet Offline OP
Expert
ratchet  Offline OP
Expert

you claim to work in "the industry" but as what?

I'm programmer in WEB technologies (Java mainly), applications for clients and working in teams each project for diverse industry domains : Bank, Insurance, Cars etc .... !

Yeah i'm lot more adult the you indeed !!!!!!!!!!!

-----------

Every time I read something of you, I want to smash my head onto my desk as hard as possible.

I zlready said it : JUST PASS , DON'T READ IT !!!

Why do i have to have you fighting me in my own thread frown

I don't like your programming posts , no interest for me also , so :
I JUST PASS , I DON'T POST AND PUT YOU DOWN EVEN IF I DON'T LIKE YOU AT ALL !!

-------------

But the fact is still that your model is not next gen.

OK IT'S NOT NEXT GEN, IT's FUTURE GEN laugh

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ????? REALLY ??????

Can't you go pollute and flamewar on another thread ???

---------------

BE MORE TOLERANT : ACCEPT DIFFERENT PEOPLE AND BEHAVIOURS !
IT'S WAR GOING ON AND WILL GROW INDEED : CAUS PEOPLE WITH POWER BEHAVE LIKE YOU, THEY WANT OTHERS TO BE THE SAME, CAUS THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE THE BEST IN ALL THINGS , THEY CAN'T ACCEPT DIFFERENCE !

ACCEPT THAT I WILL NEVER THINK LIKE YOU AND STOP FIGHTING TO WIN NOTHING !!

Last edited by ratchet; 05/27/11 19:46.
Re: Goblin character contest [WARNING GOBLIN NUDITY]: [Re: ratchet] #372074
05/27/11 19:57
05/27/11 19:57
Balkan
Pavle Offline
Pavle  Offline

Balkan
I am sorry to hear that your giving up on your contribution for AUM 100, I'm sure that the model would have been very useful to lots of users, especially with nice nm's & animations.

I think that you should maybe reconsider this decision, it doesn't really matter if someone thinks that something is next-gen or someone thinks that it's not next-gen, the important thing is that this model could be very useful & could make a great contribution.

..and I don't wanna sound like I'm criticizing you or anything but: it's just one person's opinion, don't take it so badly:) Even if it's not Crysis 2 model that still doesn't mean it's a bad model:)

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<
Re: Goblin character contest [WARNING GOBLIN NUDITY]: [Re: Pavle] #372075
05/27/11 20:15
05/27/11 20:15
ratchet Offline OP
Expert
ratchet  Offline OP
Expert

..and I don't wanna sound like I'm criticizing you or anything but

Critics are good, you can criticise me , in a positive way laugh
Its' the way for anyone to evolve : to be criticized !!

-------------

Someone teancious putting you down, affirming that he hates each post you write and saying HE IS THE TRUE !
ONLY HE IS THE BEST !

And tryning to demonstrate thay YOU and WHAT YOU DO IS TRASH !
ONLY HIM KNOWS WHAT IS A GOOD MODEL !
Why all people shoudl love what HE LIKES ONLY !

I LIKE A LOT INCREDIBLY MY GOBLIN, THAT'S MY TASTE POINT !

----------

ANYONE WHO DON'T LIKE : NO PROBLEM .... JUST P A S S !!!!!

REALLY !!!!

------------

Well .... Sorry, but that's really HARSH to read specially in a MODELING THREAD ans STARTED by me , and from people that hates what is made here and what is written by me laugh
People that can't shut their eyes on this thread , it's so difficult to self control laugh

I JUST PREY FOR THE DAY THEY DIE IT WON'T BE CAUS OF NO SELF CONTROL !!

Last edited by ratchet; 05/27/11 20:21.
Re: Goblin character contest [WARNING GOBLIN NUDITY]: [Re: ratchet] #372077
05/27/11 20:38
05/27/11 20:38
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada

Dude, I really dislike you for a lot of different reasons (none of them is that you have a different opinion than I), but I don't wish that you die. Please, calm down and don't write emotional posts that you might regret later!

Quote:
Someone teancious putting you down, affirming that he hates each post you write and saying HE IS THE TRUE !
ONLY HE IS THE BEST !

STOP CLAIMING THINGS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE! NOW! Seriously, I never said anything like this, I never wished that you die and I never said that I'm the best whatsoever.
Take this as an advice now: If you can't stand that someone says that your stupid model has a fucking horrible texture and mesh, then don't fucking post anything here.
This thread is just a poser thread for you anyway, this was started as a contest thread but I have the feeling that it was only started so that you can show of your "skills".

Quote:
And tryning to demonstrate thay YOU and WHAT YOU DO IS TRASH !
ONLY HIM KNOWS WHAT IS A GOOD MODEL !

No, I said that your model is NOT next gen. Not that it is trash, I just said that it is not next gen. You claimed that it is next gen but it just isn't next gen nor future gen.
And I know how a good model looks like, I have eyes you idiot.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Goblin character contest [WARNING GOBLIN NUDITY]: [Re: WretchedSid] #372080
05/27/11 23:48
05/27/11 23:48
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Wow. Seriously. This has totally gotten out of hand.

Here goes! Our favorite forum disclaimer: I'm not a moderator, I shouldn't be one, and I should probably shut up, now. But instead...

ratchet, it's easy to see that you're upset. I'm sorry to see that, and I guess I can understand - it can be quite painful to hear negative feedback (justified or not) about something you've spent a lot of time on. Additionally, there's a language barrier here in place, since neither you nor JustSid are native speakers. This complicates matters.
I believe that you misunderstood JustSid's comment to be more aggressive than it was intented to be. Realize this, even if he claimed your troll model was awful, then that is a comment about the screenshot he saw, representing a state of the model. It's important to realize that it was not a comment about you.
Yes, I get that he may have... implied certain things. But you and I (and he, too) know that those are guesses at best, and warped views on things at worst. No one said you were unable to model, and no one ever honestly could, based on a single screenshot.
Now, you sadly have made the mistake to reply in anger. This is, usually, a bad idea, and I believe this time is no exception. No matter how angry you are, the best way to deal with it is to not post on the internet. It is a bit sad to see your usually friendly, calm and collected self turn into this. If you notice that you've written entire paragraphs in ALL-CAPS, then that is a sure sign to take a break and not reply. If you feel that someone trolls you, then why even grace the guy with a reply? Isn't it much better to make him feel like he wasted time?

Fine, then. Now, it happened. And I believe you'll agree that you've got a bit carried away here. I mean:

Quote:

This ... this is just a horrible thing to say. No matter how upset you are, this goes too far.
I'm not here to point fingers, and I will instantly edit this out the moment you ask me to, since I believe you'll find this embarassing in a bit. Just let me know. laugh

Fine, then. What I'm trying to say with this is: In your anger, you've definately overreacted. Not putting your model up as a contribution would be a shame, given how much work you invested and how many people are looking forward to it (not all of them, mind you, necessarily posting here). And to deny them this just because one person was a bit of a jerk? Sounds unreasonable. I suggest doing the mature thing, accepting that opinions differ, understand that there might be truth (though I'm not to say how much) even in the harshest bit of critique, and using that as a means to better your skills. And do the people waiting for it a favor by releasing it. Next-gen or not, who really cares (personally, I cannot even tell what a stupid term like that is supposed to mean, and maybe that is actually the source of all this)? Contributions are always welcome. You've spent much time on something for the rest of us, and for that you deserve nothing but praise and thanks, no matter what.
Let me be the first, then, to actually thank you for what you've done. Great job, it's fantastic to see people enthusiastic in their work! I hope that despite all this - and my horrible wall of text - you keep such an work ethic.

+++

JustSid, well. Alright, then. Yes, you didn't say that his model was trash. As in, you weren't using those words or synonyms explicitly. No, you weren't phrasing your critique in a way that'd make it impossible to think so. Like this:

Quote:

Uhhh... wait, what?! The textures are horrible and the mesh is extremely low poly. Either you have another model that you haven't shown yet, or you don't really know what next gen is.
I never wanted to write in this thread and leave you alone, but this statement was just too ridiculous.

It'd be easy to go on, but I suspect it would be pointless to.

Don't get me wrong, I value criticism, and you're one of the few posters who give good, valid and honest critic. That's great, and I wish there were more who did.
And I won't even give you the usual "but please phrase it positively!"-line, since I suspect you would ignore it most likely. It's not your style, and I guess thats fine.
No, what I'm wondering about is, why did you continue?

Seriously. After the post above, I, personally, would have felt bad already. Yes, I'm a wuss, but I was (am?) a bit of an asshole when it came to criticism a while ago. But here, ratchet replied, and it was clear he was upset. Then you replied in a noncharmant tone, and you asked him if he was a troll. Some of the latter comments clearly enter the colorful, yet awful realm of personal attacks (not saying you're the one who started it, but maybe, who began isn't as important in issues that clearly only reach this point with two people).

Alright. Whatever. I guess this is "your style", and I guess the internet kind of needs those people. Again, I find it great that you comment, and that you're honest (brutally so). But at some point, you cross a line between honest criticism and personal attack. Not that you've crossed it here (at least not in the earlier posts, though it's harder to make that case in the later ones), but sometimes, it felt like you were getting close. If next time, you could simply quit the discussion a post or two earlier, then that'd be great.
Apart from that, continue the good work, especially with your cool contributions. laugh

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Goblin character contest [WARNING GOBLIN NUDITY]: [Re: Error014] #372083
05/28/11 03:33
05/28/11 03:33
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
I dont think next gen has been properly defined for me, but I think the term started around when people began to put normal maps on models. So in that sense ratchets model is next gen.

Also he said that next gen is hard work, I think he just meant that the workflow he was using was difficult, but from what I have read and seen of current next gen modelers like Vitaly Bulgorov (one of my personal favorites today) have a much more difficult and extensive workflow then the relatively little work you have done here. Guys like this make several studies and models to arrive at only one finished product, they continue to perfect their texturing and detailing until they know their work meets the expectations of the particular job they are doing.

On the other hand if you dont like justSids critics you should just take your own advice and pass over it. Just ignore him or tell him "Thank you for the observations"

I also have some serious critiques of your model,workflow and textures but I would never say them here because I feel like you would take them personally and try to demonize me. No one will want to help you if you cannot take criticism.

But I learned a lot from your posts so far, I didn't know about 3d coat before and now because of your posts here I downloaded it and have started to see its capabilities. Also when you told me about what you saw as faults on my models I take that as a good thing and I will consider them (the ears and hands do seem to lack volume). I WANT to hear what people think of my work because it helps me, thats why I post here. I'm not looking for people to adore my work, only a very insecure or a very narcissistic person needs that.

So please don't close this thread, people are getting benefits here, model requests are being made, people are interacting. We cant close the thread just because your having a hard time. This is not just your thread, you invited all to join and that includes justSid and anyone else.

Re: Goblin character contest [WARNING GOBLIN NUDITY]: [Re: NITRO777] #372084
05/28/11 04:12
05/28/11 04:12
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
@Ratchet you may already notices but you have been banned temporary for 2 days.

Please be calm next time!

Last edited by Captain_Kiyaku; 05/28/11 21:24. Reason: Lowered Ban Time

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig
Re: Goblin character contest [WARNING GOBLIN NUDITY]: [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #372085
05/28/11 04:26
05/28/11 04:26
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
ohhh... i definitely agreed that he stepped out of line, but i woulda thought he would have calmed down and went back on topic. a 7 day ban seems a little harsh.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de