by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (degenerate_762), 1,098 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 551 of 554 1 2 549 550 551 552 553 554
Re: What are you working on? [Re: ratchet] #481374
09/03/20 13:54
09/03/20 13:54
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
I AM BLOWN AWAY! Wow! You're really determined to finish this project with 3DGS. I hope you achieve your goal, fingers crossed!

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: What are you working on? [Re: ratchet] #481378
09/05/20 16:21
09/05/20 16:21
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
Working for month on a smooth 3rd person controller and game stuff now for a silent hill style horror game (yes i did not work on my fps shame on me!). Player feats jumping, climbing, hanging and climbing, wade, swim, dive and run. Melee weapons like baseball bats and hand guns like Magnum.44. The animations used for player are from mixamo, some modified.
With all stuff like anm blending etc. Player can activate a flashlight (on right shoulder). He can find and use a gasmask and some kind of nightvision with egoview feat.
Also i finished some different types of ai already. one is able to jump and walk the ceiling like in the Suffering. After weeks of pure scripting with place holders and setting up shadec evo, i finally started last night with my first visual work. In motion it looks a lot better cause of moving fog and rain spalshes on street etc. For me personal, my best work yet. Iam very happy with the look.
Spent a lot time on details like footstep sounds on different surfaces, bloody feets on blood leaks etc.
When player aims with a gun the upper body can be moved smooth with mouse while hes still animated. A 3d crosshair helps finding the target.
Camera uses obstacle avoidance and moves itself closer to player in narrow situations. In buildings the perspective is a bit different cause the cam is close to player.

For now i made a streets that follows a hill side and a lake (right). It will lead to a gas station. Crows and some other critters already "alive".
Took some time to get shadec evo working fully correct but now i love the look. A bit like hl2 for my taste.
The gore system already looks nice here and there, used my ragdoll-force-system from DeadTaste fps (like most of the tech in techdemo room).
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Also i finished a nice inventory system like in Resident Evil. New items can be add very fast. All stuff like weapon health usage and so on is done in the inventory. Items can be droped in special lockers. Item system uses "weight". When no more room / too much weight, player cant carry more and must drop items in lockers for example. All stuff like inventory system works screen res independent.

Enemys will be some creapy obsessed/demon/zombie monsters. Normal demons fly/hover. They vomit all the time green slime. If you smash their head the vomit will spray out of the neck wound grin
Detection of enemys works with a special instrument called the ghostmeter. A modified multimeter wink

Also stuff like security camera and a computer system is working. Basic stuff like dialpad closed doors etc. I really like the computers in game. The os - look is like win3.11 in them laugh

For the story i have no good ideas only a direction. Not good at story starting. frown

I will make a project post for sure cause i guess this will be my final work / Showcase entry...but i know ill never switch engine anyway.

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 09/05/20 21:16.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: What are you working on? [Re: ratchet] #481486
09/20/20 17:18
09/20/20 17:18
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
Back on the fps work
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

greets

Last edited by rayp; 09/20/20 19:36.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: What are you working on? [Re: rayp] #481627
10/10/20 13:30
10/10/20 13:30
Budapest
Aku_Aku Offline
User
Aku_Aku  Offline
User

Budapest
It seems to me creating a GUI builder is a hard task, but not impossible.
Now my little pet project is able to load and render project files that describe a gui or a part of gui.
Here is few examples.

After start the program.
[Linked Image]

A project loaded and rendered on the canvas.
[Linked Image]

Added a button to a selected panel.
[Linked Image]

Here is the source of the loaded project:
Code
{ two_panels:
    content = "panel"
    { panel:
        type = "native_panel"
        name = "gui_2"
        pos_x = "710"
        pos_y = "0"
        size_x = "356"
        size_y = "324"
        bmap = "images/panel.png"
        layer = "2"
    }
    { panel:
        type = "native_panel"
        name = "gui_4"
        pos_x = "350"
        pos_y = "350"
        bmap = "images/panel.png"
        layer = "2"
        { button:
            type = "sgb_button"
            name = "button_1"
            pos_x = "130"
            pos_y = "44"
            bmap = "images/base_btn_1_bg.png"
            layer = "3"
            function = "bubu_function"
            { text:
                type = "caption"
                text = "BUBU"
                font = "arial"
                size = "12"
            }
        }
        { button:
            type = "sgb_button"
            name = "button_2"
            pos_x = "211"
            pos_y = "20"
            bmap = "images/btn_for_panel.png"
            layer = "3"
        }
    }
}

Re: What are you working on? [Re: ratchet] #481886
11/11/20 20:27
11/11/20 20:27
ny
jumpman Offline
Serious User
jumpman  Offline
Serious User

ny
I implemented an object pooling system for my framework. I currently create 100 projectiles at level start and deactivate them. When an AI or player or whatever wants to shoot a projectile, the function will check to see if a projectile is not activated, and if not, activate it, move its position to the spawn position, and do a single line trace every other frame. Groups of 50 projectiles will do a trace within 1 frame, and while a projectile is not doing a trace, it will do a lerp from its last position to the halfway of its current and forward position. I saw Doom 2016 dev talk about fast moving projectiles not needing to trace every single frame, so I figured I give it a shot. So far projectiles look smooth enough.

If the trace hits nothing, the projectile will move to the new position. If it hits something, the projectile can make an impact effect, and deactivate itself. The name of the game now is making sure things arent created and deleted constantly, and reducing the amount of while loops on individual objects outside of AIs.

[video:google]https://youtu.be/yyGjv4wvKu8[/video]

Re: What are you working on? [Re: ratchet] #481896
11/16/20 12:19
11/16/20 12:19
London
T
Truth Offline
Truth  Offline
T

London
Don't know if I'm supposed to post here since my game is finished (somewhat), but STREATHAM HILL STORIES IS NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM!! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1423980/Streatham_Hill_Stories/
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/Joy6z7Mx_zU[/video]

Re: What are you working on? [Re: ratchet] #481900
11/16/20 16:37
11/16/20 16:37
ny
jumpman Offline
Serious User
jumpman  Offline
Serious User

ny
Congrats Truth!! Thats a big accomplishment!!!!!

Re: What are you working on? [Re: jumpman] #481901
11/16/20 17:09
11/16/20 17:09
London
T
Truth Offline
Truth  Offline
T

London
Originally Posted by jumpman
Congrats Truth!! Thats a big accomplishment!!!!!

Thank You! laugh

Re: What are you working on? [Re: rayp] #481996
12/02/20 22:50
12/02/20 22:50
Bavaria
HellThunder Offline
HellThunder  Offline

Bavaria
@rayp
Your third-person game looks really promising. Even the quality looks rather good.
Personally, I would change the life-points and endurance-points UI - I just call it like that.
Maybe for the life-points a fullscreen 2D effect that will be redder after losing life-points. This also offers a kind of uncertainness of the real lasted life-points. Maybe for the endurance, a breath sound combined with an animation of a drained player model would be great. Yeah much work - I know. Just suggestions.

But it really looks great so far.
Maybe you think about it and sell a framework for creating Third Person horror games with 3D GS?
[Linked Image]

About your first-person game - I like the camera view of the first shot. But I can see a small line between the tiles. But I can imagine this as a dramatic sequence.

About the second screenshot. Just nice light- and normal map effects!

@Aku_Aku
I know how hard it can be to create a UI Builder - created something like this with javascript and c# and acknex wrapper.
Looks good so far. Think about using the lite-C UI Framework for the UI of your tool. Just for the UX of your tool. Would be great to see a video about - how to build a ui - and - results of the tool.

@jumpan
Just a cool approach. I will definitely remember that. Thanks!
[Linked Image]

@Truth
Congratulations! I watched your project for a long time. Nice to see you finished it!

@HellThunder
Just some news of my Acknex Project - I don't like the name 3D Gamestudio. Acknex just sounds more epic tongue
For every image a small video link was prepared - so by clicking on the link you will be redirected to youtube.

A small main menu test with a high poly model. I used the mesh reducer for <64 polygons. I also added some panel effects that the developer can use while creating the main menu.
[Linked Image]

Chain Creation for Entities. Create one Entity and use it multiple times - even within the same sequence. A small UI and example introduction.
[Linked Image]

I added the standard cell shading effect to the editor. It's possible to add it to a single entity or multiple entities at once. Acknex is really fast with processing shaders - selecting 100 objects at once and adding a shader is no problem.
[Linked Image]

It is also possible to connect entities now within the editor.
[Linked Image]

So Acknex is still alive with great projects - thank you for this effort, guys!

Last edited by HellThunder; 12/03/20 00:04.

Create your own JRPG and join our community: https://www.yrpgtoolkit.com
Re: What are you working on? [Re: ratchet] #481997
12/03/20 02:58
12/03/20 02:58
Ohio
xbox Offline
xbox  Offline

Ohio
So I've gotten my level flow doing what I want it to do, which is completely randomly generated every time it's loaded. However, I've been stuck for a few months with not having a story to progress development any further. I want do have the player walk around and collect different objects, and depending on what is picked up, will uncover a story of some sort, to explain why the player is where the are and uncover the backstory. Unfortunately I haven't been able to think of anything. In some of the rooms, there are camera's that appear to be recording to give the player the idea their being watched, but they don't actually do anything which i thought was an interesting concept. Any ideas what I should do with the game?
[img]https://ibb.co/CV64Kmx[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/0m4Skcc[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/xHLZkyZ[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/KsXh5tf[/img]

Page 551 of 554 1 2 549 550 551 552 553 554

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de