by EternallyCurious. 04/25/24 20:49
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 770 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer #373539
06/10/11 21:11
06/10/11 21:11
8 Images
Earth
Germanunkol Offline OP
Expert
CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer

2011.06.10 - CSiS Development Team

"do you have what it takes to battle your enemies lightyears away from earth? can you compete with real, live opponents, in your lan and the internet? are you ready to join the fierce squad of the best pilots in the whole world? CSiS is the new mulitplayer space game experience that will not only gloriously revive the space action simulation genre, but redefine it and take it to the next level. charge your cannons!"

Teaser:
(youtube, 720p recommended)

Video Link

We're pleased to announce the release of the latest version of the multiplayer shooter CSiS - Combat Simulation System 0.50.
Many months have passed since the first Public Playtest in October 2010 and we can assure you, the team has not been lazy. We have looked at all the data you have shared with us during this first test phase and made CSiS stronger, more stable, more fun. But this release is so much more than just bugfixes, it is stuffed to the top with new features, which are so numerous that we cannot possibly tell you everything we have done. To wet your appetite, we have selected the 7 most outstanding features. CSiS 0.50 ships with:

• a complete new ice world filled with frozen asteroids, icy gases and spine-chilling effects.
  • as requested, we added a tutorial level to make you familiar with your ship and its systems. learn how to defeat your enemies in no time!
  • dedicated server support with a handy auto-rehosting option in the event of a hard application crash. CLI support for weaker machines.
  • BOT support for the full 16 player CSiS experience, even if you could not convince 16 of your friends to play our game with you.
  • two new team game modes - team deathmatch and capture the station. prepare to be blown away!
  • a great new set of soundtrack files made by our new incredibly talented composer Francesco Di Buono. but if you prefer to listen to your own files, CSiS 0.50 ships with soundtrack support for music files on your hard drive as well.
  • revisited shaders with support for the latest state-of-the-art anti aliasing, shadow mapping, lighting and transparency effects.

Download:

CSiS 0.50 is completely free to play and represents yet another major milestone in our development cycle. download a copy today and join one of the servers we have running.
http://csis-game.net/pages/cargo-bay.php
(Unpack and then double click CSiSInstall.exe to install. We used .7z to pack it because of limited space and smaller downloads. Recommended tools to unpack: Win-rar or .7zip. For those of you with limited download capacity, I'm willing to burn CDs and ship them to you if you pm me.)
The Team will try to host a minimum of 2 servers day and night for the first 5 days. But of course you are free to (and we would certainly appreciate if you would) host your own. We have servers only running in Europe at the moment, if someone in the USA could host one as well, we'd be very thankful.

Request:
Please post bugs, errors, suggestions, rants, critique and praise either at our Forum or here, or feel free to drop us a mail/pm if you need support to host a server.

See you online!

Note for people trying to host a dedicated server:
In most cases, you can simply use the CSiS.exe and click "host", then choose "dedicated server". If you want to join your own internet server from behind the same router, you might have to enter the IP address manually on the client when you see the serverlist.
Please use the rehosting feature (type 'yes') and try the bot_min command (type help bot_min in the console after startup).
Also, don't forget to forward port 5556 to the correct PC in your LAN and allow all the logger and engine files (up to three binaries) to communicate through your firewall.
(on some PCs you may need to start the game, close it down (use the shutdown command) allow all the files through your firewall, and then rehost).
For further info, see the help files or pm me.

Last edited by Germanunkol; 02/24/12 10:45.
68 Comments
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: SchokoKeks] #373581
06/11/11 10:15
06/11/11 10:15
Flevoland, 5 meters under wate...
Roel Offline
Roel  Offline

Nice game, it looks very professional already, and it reminds me of X3.
Too bad my laptor is actually to slow to run the game smoothly. frown

Check out the throwing game here: The throwing game
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Roel] #373582
06/11/11 10:32
06/11/11 10:32
Earth
Germanunkol Offline OP
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline OP
Expert

Earth
EDIT: do not press h. Never ever press h while running the game. I forgot to disable a debugging function... it'll freeze the game and probably make lots of non-fun things happen...
Will try to upload a fix in the next few hours. But till then, just don't press h grin

Roel:
Have you tried disabling the shadow settings and setting all other visuals to "low" in the options?

Schokokeks, did you use bot_new or bot_min? You should try "bot_min 6". This way even if it crashes and rehosts, the number of bots will be filled up again. Also, when a player joins and bot_min is set, a bot will be removed so the total number of players is still 6. And, most importantly: bot_min kicks all bots when the level is restarted and no player is online, and then rejoins them when a player joins. This makes sense for a dedicated server, cause otherwise you'll have a bot-fight taking up CPU power while no one is actually there to watch.
At this point, I'd like to thank you for hosting: We currently have 3 servers online running all 3 game modes: Yay!

BTW, has anyone tried the tutorial so far?

Last edited by Germanunkol; 06/11/11 10:46.
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Germanunkol] #373591
06/11/11 11:30
06/11/11 11:30
Spain
painkiller Offline
Serious User
painkiller  Offline
Serious User

Spain
I tried the tutorial, but I didn't finish it, just until I knew how to shoot and move grin

3D Gamestudio A8 Pro
AMD FX 8350 4.00 Ghz
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Germanunkol] #373592
06/11/11 11:31
06/11/11 11:31
Roel Offline
Roel  Offline

About the tutorial: it is good.
I didn't do the whole tutorial, as I was unable catch all the moving drones.

I have set all options to low, but it is no suprise actually, as my laptop can't run the shadeC demo fast enough.
so... where is the can-run-csis-laptop store? grin

Check out the throwing game here: The throwing game
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: SchokoKeks] #373626
06/11/11 14:13
06/11/11 14:13
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Originally Posted By: William
I'm a huge freelancer and X2 fan.

Man, Freelancer. I haven't played it in a while, but I used to have the greatest fun playing multiplayer with my two brothers. I remember how we would fly to a silver asteroid field, collect a full load of the stuff (one of us was a freighter, so we collected a LOT) and fly to the other side of the galaxy to offload our cargo for big bucks. It was a very dangerous thing to do because bandits were constantly pulling us out of the trade lanes. They sensed our enormous wealth and they wanted it. grin

On a number of occasions we were pulled aside and obliterated. On a few others, we got rich quick and had a lot of fun shopping for ships, weapons, armor, and engine upgrades.

Anyway, enough ranting. Now that our internet data plan here at home has been extended, I can afford to download this game and give it a spin! I'll let you know my thoughts once I play a few games with my brother. wink

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Redeemer] #373663
06/11/11 20:00
06/11/11 20:00
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Worst game ever. Crashes every few minutes, has stupid bugs and it crashes.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: WretchedSid] #373670
06/11/11 21:38
06/11/11 21:38
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Inciteful Sid is inciteful.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Redeemer] #373672
06/11/11 22:08
06/11/11 22:08
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Überflüssige Adjektive sind überflüssig.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: WretchedSid] #373673
06/11/11 22:31
06/11/11 22:31
Earth
Germanunkol Offline OP
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline OP
Expert

Earth
Painkiller and Roel, thanks for posting on the tutorial as well!
Yes, I wondered whether it'd be too long, but we already left out so much we could tell people about. Making it even shorter would not really be good.

Redeemer:
Some elements of the game were definitely influenced by freelancer. I haven't played it myself, but other team members have, and they loved it.
How did your testing go? Could you download it?

JustSid: Thanks for your insight. I'm sure your comment and precise description of the "stupid bugs" will be very helpful and motivating when we work on fixing things.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Germanunkol] #373676
06/12/11 00:35
06/12/11 00:35
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Quote:
How did your testing go? Could you download it?

Unfortunately I won't be able to try the game for the weekend. The modem I would use is currently in Cincinnati, several hundred miles away from home. I'm using our first modem, which is our designated "browsing" modem.

Yes, it's all a very screwy system. Welcome to America, where a reliable internet connection is not considered a part of basic national infrastructure.

@JustSid: Suffice to say I can see where this utterly retarded "discussion" is headed and I prefer not to waste any more of my time on it.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de