by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ayumi), 748 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: DNF - Today is the Day [Re: Toast] #373860
06/13/11 19:08
06/13/11 19:08
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
So, does it worth it's price? Duke Nukem is back?

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: DNF - Today is the Day [Re: Toast] #373862
06/13/11 19:19
06/13/11 19:19
innsbruck, austria
achaziel Offline
Serious User
achaziel  Offline
Serious User

innsbruck, austria
Quote:
einige behaupten es wäre besser als Bioshock 2

Als ob das schwer wäre....

Yeah, but... Who is Lu?
Re: DNF - Today is the Day [Re: 3run] #373875
06/13/11 20:58
06/13/11 20:58
Germany
T
Toast Offline
Serious User
Toast  Offline
Serious User
T

Germany
Originally Posted By: 3run
So, does it worth it's price? Duke Nukem is back?

Considering the time you spend gaming? Yes, its singleplayer part is about twice as long as in other shooters of today (it of course depends on how fast you run through - many levels have lots of "eastereggs" to offer you won't get to see if you just run by...

You just need to be aware that it's for like 80-90% a "classic" shooter. Don't expect cover systems or blinking arrows telling you where to go (not that this would be difficult to figure out in DNF although it has its moments where you have to sort out the right way to proceed). Also don't expect any fancy AI. You'll also need a good portion of humor to enjoy this...

For me it's the best shooter I've played in a long while (not that I've played too many though as I don't like what most modern shooters have to offer). I especially like its diversity and level design. You don't just crawl through the levels and just shoot stuff - there's always something interesting or new. I think this is where the game 3DRealms wanted to create in the first place really shines through...

Re: DNF - Today is the Day [Re: Toast] #373889
06/13/11 22:12
06/13/11 22:12
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
For people like me who couldn't for the life of them understand the hype for a game like this (and especially given it's development history, and especially after switching to a completely different developer), I heartily recommend RPS' "live-blog"-playing of the first few hours of the game. You should read it even with no interest in the game, because RockPaperShotgun's authors are easily the most talented in all of game journalism, and because the comments from the community add such a neat little bit of sadistical fun to it. So go and read it!. While you're at it, you might want to read their Review.

Now that you're confronted with those cheaper, better alternatives, why not instead spending your money on actual good games that do not insult your intelligence, instead reward you with clever stories and good, innovative game mechanics?

Oh, right. Hype. I forgot.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: DNF - Today is the Day [Re: Error014] #373891
06/13/11 22:28
06/13/11 22:28
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Duke Nukem 3D was the first game I've ever played, even now sometimes I love to play it on old PC with XP laugh so all I was expecting is good sequel, I'm going to buy it, even if it's worst game ever, simply cause of the reason that I was waiting for it so long wink

Re: DNF - Today is the Day [Re: 3run] #373893
06/13/11 22:39
06/13/11 22:39
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Wait two more months and it will cost only half.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: DNF - Today is the Day [Re: 3run] #373915
06/14/11 06:43
06/14/11 06:43
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline OP
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Duke Nukem 3D was the first game I've ever played, even now sometimes I love to play it on old PC with XP laugh so all I was expecting is good sequel, I'm going to buy it, even if it's worst game ever, simply cause of the reason that I was waiting for it so long wink

It is a very good sequel, dont worry. It has the same humor, even more interactive environments, more mini games, it even has physics puzzles. Because of the variety, the guns and the puzzles and the fps view story telling, it feels very much like Half Life 2. So if you prefer a more interesting and varying game like HL2 over simple shooters like COD MW, then the Duke is the perfect and the right game for you.

Actually I enjoy this game a lot and many other people enjoy it. But a lot of COD kids hate it, really, they write very emotional posts against it. I wonder why. Also I think that the hype created some people with high expectations and they might also be haters now. I dont understand why, I personally never believed that it will become the next generation of games. From my experience with bad sequels I expected another bad sequel. But I was positively surprised that this game feels a lot like the old one but better looking, more content, more gameplay mechanics, more variety.

It also is not perfect. Modern shooter guys have problems with the old-school design and old-school fans dont understand why it has automatic healing and a restriction of 2 weapons at the same time. Levels are also a bit more linear than in the old days.

But really, if you read these passionate hater blogs and reviews, then it sounds to me, that they fell into some hype and are now disappointed that the game indeed is "only" a better Duke Nukem, just a remake of the original game, the same good old story, the same fun. I really enjoy it, honestly.
And below each of these blogs and reviews you will find people who agree and people who disagree and many people who enjoyed the game. Probably this kind of macho humour really is not for the current kind of casual gamer mass.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: DNF - Today is the Day [Re: Machinery_Frank] #373956
06/14/11 15:22
06/14/11 15:22
Germany
T
Toast Offline
Serious User
Toast  Offline
Serious User
T

Germany
True! I also never expected it to be the game that woops the entire genre. I just expected a rather classic shooters with lots of good ideas that accumulated over the years. So far this turned out to be true - there's lots of diversity in locations, gameplay and atmosphere. I really like that and couldn't name another recent game offering this to that extent...

Re: DNF - Today is the Day [Re: Machinery_Frank] #373967
06/14/11 17:24
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank

It is a very good sequel, dont worry. It has the same humor, even more interactive environments, more mini games, it even has physics puzzles. Because of the variety, the guns and the puzzles and the fps view story telling, it feels very much like Half Life 2. So if you prefer a more interesting and varying game like HL2 over simple shooters like COD MW, then the Duke is the perfect and the right game for you.

Actually I enjoy this game a lot and many other people enjoy it. But a lot of COD kids hate it, really, they write very emotional posts against it. I wonder why. Also I think that the hype created some people with high expectations and they might also be haters now. I dont understand why, I personally never believed that it will become the next generation of games. From my experience with bad sequels I expected another bad sequel. But I was positively surprised that this game feels a lot like the old one but better looking, more content, more gameplay mechanics, more variety.

It also is not perfect. Modern shooter guys have problems with the old-school design and old-school fans dont understand why it has automatic healing and a restriction of 2 weapons at the same time. Levels are also a bit more linear than in the old days.

But really, if you read these passionate hater blogs and reviews, then it sounds to me, that they fell into some hype and are now disappointed that the game indeed is "only" a better Duke Nukem, just a remake of the original game, the same good old story, the same fun. I really enjoy it, honestly.
And below each of these blogs and reviews you will find people who agree and people who disagree and many people who enjoyed the game. Probably this kind of macho humour really is not for the current kind of casual gamer mass.

dont worry, its all just hype backlash. i wonder if these people realize that all there emotions can all be summed up with one general sociological concept, and not a real opinion based on playing the game.

Re: DNF - Today is the Day [Re: Toast] #373968
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
I'm of the "COD kids" (to be more sharp MW kid grin ), but that doesn't make me oldschool hater. I love old style shooters, and in most cases I don't care about games graphics, for me more important is gameplay (recently I played Doom (the first one) and first Quake, I love them so much!), there are a lot of games with impressive (not bad) graphics, but they just boring...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de