by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (TedMar, VoroneTZ, vicknick), 825 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Occupy Wallstreet - What do you think? [Re: lostclimate] #386588
11/05/11 15:27
11/05/11 15:27
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline OP
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Just a an article of a well-known german conservative newspaper:
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/der-griechische-weg-demokratie-ist-ramsch-11514358.html

Re: Occupy Wallstreet - What do you think? [Re: Pappenheimer] #386632
11/06/11 19:43
11/06/11 19:43
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

Re: Occupy Wallstreet - What do you think? [Re: ventilator] #387164
11/15/11 08:08
11/15/11 08:08
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline
Expert
Locoweed  Offline
Expert
L

Oz
I don't mind the movement, but please can the group clean up after themselves, wake up at night and stop the rape going on in next tent over, and let part of the 99% which are small businesses survive during their protest.

Personally, I haven't had a good drug contact in years, I know I could find one quickly if I went down to one of the local Occupy protest. Which isn't a bad idea actually.

EDIT: Grrrr.. I just looked at our our local OWS movement. The newspaper made it out to sound really large, but they had a picture of like 7 or 8 people who didn't look like good drug contacts. Looked more like a few college students who were probably flunking out for the semester and needed an excuse to tell their parents. Sigh.

Wish I could have used that excuse when I was in college, "I wasn't out partying, doing drugs, and skipping classes, was just out supporting the Occuppy movement!" Was born a generation too early for that excuse I guess.

Last edited by Locoweed; 11/15/11 08:55.

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games
Re: Occupy Wallstreet - What do you think? [Re: Locoweed] #387395
11/17/11 23:34
11/17/11 23:34
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline OP
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
#1 I didn't have the time to give the last informations about the movement, there's a lot of informations around the net anyway, and don't have the time to do it the next days as well, just a note here and there:

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
Quote:
>They're cracking down on protests in a country that has free speech written in the damn constitution.

Right. Because cracking down on violence, theft, trespass, defacement of public/private property, obscenity, and public disturbance totally undermines our constitution, of which I'm sure he has never read himself.

Quote:
Right now, the campaign against OWS basically tries to get working Americans to turn on the movement, even though most people support the movement’s goals, by trying to make it seem as if the protestors are people not like you— whereas the plutocrats are. Hey, this has worked many times in the past; that’s the whole point of “What’s the matter with Kansas.” And it can operate in many directions: OWS should be shunned because they’re dirty hippies, Elizabeth Warren is not-like-you because, horrors, she’s a Harvard professor.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/

#2 If I find time, I start a german thread about all that, what is documented only in German language, because it happens in Germany, and is not of much interest outside of Germany.

Last edited by Pappenheimer; 11/17/11 23:37.
Re: Occupy Wallstreet - What do you think? [Re: Pappenheimer] #387420
11/18/11 12:56
11/18/11 12:56
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
I wonder how many of you have any clue about psychology. Not to mock anyone, believe me. I just find it fascinating to see your opinions and backtrack your thoughts of reason.
on the other hand, i did the same thing with a few occupy people i know personally. and what i saw there was not a very good sign at all. maybe those are jsut the few i know, but if only a few of them all over the world think and act the way they do because they do, we are in for no suprise and no change at all.
i leave it up to you to decide whether this is good or not...

Re: Occupy Wallstreet - What do you think? [Re: sPlKe] #387426
11/18/11 14:01
11/18/11 14:01
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline OP
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Interesting link. I didn't know this was a news program already for years:
http://www.democracynow.org/about

Re: Occupy Wallstreet - What do you think? [Re: Pappenheimer] #387445
11/18/11 17:46
11/18/11 17:46
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Quote:
OWS should be shunned because they’re dirty hippies, Elizabeth Warren is not-like-you because, horrors, she’s a Harvard professor.

The real problem here is that he's defining OWS as this vague movement that simply stands as opposition to the evils of the upper 1%; nothing more, nothing less. And if that's as far as it goes, I am all in favor of OWS. Nevertheless, I am not, because I define Occupy Wallstreet as the hippies that are doing just that: occupying Wallstreet.

The truth is that you will not send any good messages by defecating on police cars or raping fellow protesters.

Last edited by Redeemer; 11/18/11 17:47.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Occupy Wallstreet - What do you think? [Re: Redeemer] #388661
12/05/11 22:06
12/05/11 22:06
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline OP
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
@ Redeemer:
Sorry, Redeemer, didn't had the time to answer your concerns against the movement. I thought that it isn't urgent, because a sentence - that you obviously erased from your post now - let me think that you were at least trying to inform yourself of the financial crises and its reasons... (To say it different, I don't care as much what you think about the movement as I care what you think about the social policy matters...)

But, getting aware of your signature
Quote:
Political Correctness, n. a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous left-stream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
doesn't offer much hope that you are getting far in understanding what is important and what are minor matters. At least not now.

@ All:
I'm impressed about how fast wikipedia produces well-informed articles. Let's spend some money to this magnificent encyclopedia! wink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_movement

Re: Occupy Wallstreet - What do you think? [Re: Pappenheimer] #388667
12/05/11 23:21
12/05/11 23:21
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer
I thought that it isn't urgent, because a sentence - that you obviously erased from your post now - let me think that you were at least trying to inform yourself of the financial crises and its reasons...

It's been some time so I can't remember what my original post was, but I don't believe I erased any sentences. Nonetheless, I have to admit that my last post was rather vague...

your signature doesn't offer much hope that you are getting far in understanding what is important and what are minor matters.

First, my signature is a joke that I didn't write. It has nothing to do with OWS. I consider it quite poignant, but I'm sorry you didn't understand it.

Secondly, these "minor matters" are perfectly reasonable insights to the greater character of the OWS movement. In fact, they are a reasonable insight to anybody. When some news came out that Sarah Palin had had marital troubles, it had an impact on a lot of people's perception of her, and rightly so. "Minor cases" are important; whether or not you want to appreciate them is another matter.

But anyway, at this time I'd like to point out that from the beginning this thread has just been a gigantic time waster for me, and I really don't want to bother with it any more. Sorry.

Last edited by Redeemer; 12/05/11 23:24.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Occupy Wallstreet - What do you think? [Re: Redeemer] #388668
12/05/11 23:41
12/05/11 23:41
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline OP
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Originally Posted By: Redeemer
But anyway, at this time I'd like to point out that from the beginning this thread has just been a gigantic time waster for me, [...]
Does this mean, that you actually had a close look at the links that I asked feedback for? laugh
Here a movie about the crash in 2008:
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/watch-inside-job-wall-street-horror-movie-free-0
I can't say how much of that what I've seen in this movie is correct,
so I'm curious about what you - and others - confirm or deny.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de