by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (7th_zorro, Aku_Aku, 1 invisible), 579 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 57 of 554 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 553 554
Re: What are you working on? [Re: Rackscha] #388006
11/26/11 22:35
11/26/11 22:35
Vindobona (Ostarichi)
Harry Potter Offline
Expert
Harry Potter  Offline
Expert

Vindobona (Ostarichi)
Originally Posted By: Rackscha
Can someone point me to the pictures from Harry? cant find them o.O
You can find my screenshots in this topic on 22/11/2011 11:19!

I had just posted links to some old screenshots, and not pictures of my current demolevel I am working on. Because the level is not finished yet. And I don't want to publish it before it is completely finished.

The old screenshots are not perfect and they are all work in process. They are only for showing you how the game will look like when it is finished. And I promise that it will look much better when it is finished. And then I officially will present screenshots, videos and a small demolevel.

When I am designing a level of my game, I do this in 3 steps:

1st step: Making photos.
Thousends of photos. Millions of photos. Currently I have 4 terabytes of photo material! shocked

2nd step: Leveldesign by using sprites and simple 3D models.
I think this is the hardest part of the work. I have to check thousends of photos to find the best one. Sometimes it is necessary to repeat the photo shooting because important photos are missing or because of blurry photos.

Then I have to combine several photos together, correct the perspective, and correct brightness and color to fit the other textures in the game. Sometimes I have to make them tileable, or remove any unwanted details, or add additional details like static shadows (smooth shadows calculated in 3dsMax).

And I need to think about the perfect level design. The level design must be historically correct, and should make the player feel like he is in a believable environment. But the level design also must be optimized for the artificial intelligence of the NPCs and for many other things (e.g. reduce texture size wherever it is possible, avoid dynamic shadows wherever it is possible, etc.).

3rd step: Replace all the sprites and placeholder models by the final models properly modelled in 3dsMax.
And removing all visible seams between two models by adding semi transparent objects like small plants or dirt.

The screenshots I've shown here in the forum were made in phase 2 or between phase 2 and phase 3. Many parts of the level are only placeholder objects or sprites. And some of my screenshots were only done for testing and are not part of the final game. Or will look a little bit different in the final game.

Okay, here again the links to my screenshots:
Screenshot 1 (indoor)
Screenshot 2 (outdoor)
Screenshot 3 (semi transparent water with reflections)
Screenshot 4 (medieval town)
Screenshot 5 (photorealistic 'panels')
Screenshot 6 (photorealistic font)
Screenshot 7 (sky and clouds)

And here are some of the pictures (In my signature you can find some more pictures):

Re: What are you working on? [Re: Harry Potter] #388008
11/26/11 22:46
11/26/11 22:46
Vindobona (Ostarichi)
Harry Potter Offline
Expert
Harry Potter  Offline
Expert

Vindobona (Ostarichi)
... And because my game will be a time-travel game, here are the first ingame screenshots of the corridor of the space station 'OSS Virginia'.

For these Models I didn't use photo textures. The texture is rendered in 3dsMax.
Maybe I will finish this space station level during my Christmas holidays?! wink

Thanks again to Superku for his reflecting floor shader. laugh

Re: What are you working on? [Re: Harry Potter] #388009
11/26/11 22:54
11/26/11 22:54
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
How you've made shadows?!

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: What are you working on? [Re: Harry Potter] #388010
11/26/11 23:00
11/26/11 23:00
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

I partly registered back then (2003!) to talk about Harry's cool project.
Thats like 30 years ago.

Using the Duke Nukem Development Cycle, it should come out
in 2014.

Re: What are you working on? [Re: Damocles_] #388013
11/26/11 23:45
11/26/11 23:45
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
KarBOOM update is really coming out this Wednesday for the public! It's a bit different to the one you guys have been testing -- mostly aesthetic changes. The new effect in the shots below (each a bit different) isn't quite finished yet.

I know KarBOOM has its own thread, but... being in Showcase I can't post new images mid-thread. I'll update the top images when the update is finished.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: What are you working on? [Re: JibbSmart] #388014
11/27/11 00:31
11/27/11 00:31
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Love the effects! The more frantic, the better! laugh

all i have is a semi-old video

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: What are you working on? [Re: Error014] #388015
11/27/11 01:08
11/27/11 01:08
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Although frantic gameplay is a must, I also recommend that you spend a LOT of time on player input. The improvements you made to the network code last time around are exactly the kind of things that I'm talking about.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: What are you working on? [Re: Damocles_] #388018
11/27/11 03:27
11/27/11 03:27
Vindobona (Ostarichi)
Harry Potter Offline
Expert
Harry Potter  Offline
Expert

Vindobona (Ostarichi)
Originally Posted By: Damocles_
I partly registered back then (2003!) to talk about Harry's cool project.
Thats like 30 years ago.

@Damocles: Mir kommt es eher so vor, als ob das erst 5 Jahre her ist. Unglaublich wie die Zeit vergeht. wink

Mein Projekt von 2002/2003 hat aber kaum Ähnlichkeit mit meinem Projekt von heute. Da hat sich inzwischen einiges geändert.
Nicht nur die Handlung des Spieles ist heute eine ganz andere als damals,
sondern auch technisch hat sich in den letzten Jahren einiges getan.
Hier ein Vergleich zwischen der Auflösung von meinen ersten Fotos aus dem Jahr 2002, und von Fotos aus dem Jahr 2010/2011:

Größenvergleich Fotos 2002 und 2011 (klicken für vergrößerte Ansicht):

Die Fotos von damals kann ich für mein aktuelles Projekt gar nicht mehr gebrauchen, da die Auflösung viel zu gering ist.
Erst seit 2 Jahren habe ich eine Kamera, die perfekt für mein Projekt geeignet ist.

Auch von der Engine her hat sich natürlich einiges geändert. Meine ersten Versuche waren noch aus reiner Block-Geometrie modelliert.
Ich hatte zwar relativ bald, ich glaube es war 2003, erkannt, dass Blöcke keine Zukunft haben. Und hatte seit damals voll auf Model-Entities gesetzt.
Damals noch mit Kollissionsprüfung mittels unsichtbaren Blöcken. Heute arbeite ich natürlich nur noch mit Models.

Und jetzt halte Dich fest ... zum ersten mal präsentiere ich bis jetzt unveröffentlichtes Bildmaterial von meinem Projekt (habe es soeben in den unendlichen Weiten meiner PC-Festplatten entdeckt). grin
Screenshots aus einer Zeit, bevor ich hier im Forum registriert war.
Das hier waren meine allerersten Versuche mit Gamestudio:
Erste Screenshots vom Projekt aus dem Jahr 2002 (klicken für vergrößerte Ansicht):

Der erste Screenshot, den ich hier im Forum gepostet hatte, war dann glaube ich dieser hier:

Und jetzt verrate ich noch das Geheimnis, wie ich zu meinem Usernamen "Harry Potter" gekommen bin (obwohl ich selbst gar kein Harry-Potter-Fan bin grin ).
Ein paar Tage, bevor ich mich hier registriert hatte, war ich mit meiner damaligen Freundin Silvia im Kino, und hatte mir den Harry-Potter-Film angeschaut.
Und weil sie damals zum Spaß sagte, dass ich dem Harry Potter ähnlich sehe, hatte ich daraufhin folgende Fotomontage gemacht (ich als Harry, Silvia als Hermine):
Der echte Harry Potter

Und an dem Tag, an dem ich mich hier im Forum registriert hatte, hatte dann außerdem ein Arbeitskollege über mich gesagt, nachdem er von einem meiner Programme so begeistert war: "Der Thomas ist kein Programmierer, sondern ein Zauberer". Das war dann der Anlass, warum ich mich Harry Potter genannt hatte. wink

Re: What are you working on? [Re: Harry Potter] #388019
11/27/11 06:32
11/27/11 06:32
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Hehe, es stimmt aber wirklich. Du siehst wirklich ein bisschen aus wie Harry Potter im ersten Film. Und Silvia übrigends auch wie Hermine. laugh

Ich bin ja wirklich gespannt auf das Projekt, auch wenn es vielleicht noch fünf Jahre dauert. Dein Vorteil ist, dass das Spiel sowieso fotorealistisch aussieht. Von daher kann es auch noch 10 Jahre dauern. Die Grafik ist immernoch aktuell. Außerdem finde ich das Konzept so interessant. laugh
Gibt es bisher eigentlich nur Grafiken und Levels, oder steht dahinter auch schon ein gewisser Programmieraufwand bzw.
Gameplay? Ich kann mich noch an 2003 erinnern. Damals hast du irgendwas von einem "revolutinären Movementscript" gesagt, dass den Spieler auch stolpern und hinfallen lassen kann. Bin ja echt mal gespannt. grin

@KarBOOM: Looks very nice. laugh It`s a bit sad that there`s no way to port your game to Linux and Mac OS besides Wine and Virtual Machines. I think it could do better than most similar games in the software centers / app stores.

Re: What are you working on? [Re: Rondidon] #388035
11/27/11 13:17
11/27/11 13:17
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

Ich und Thomas sehen uns übrigens ziemlich ähnlich.
Nur daß ich Hochdeutsch reden kann. grin

Page 57 of 554 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 553 554

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de