by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 863 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Rise of the Mondel ROTM [Re: Damocles_] #395945
02/29/12 16:51
02/29/12 16:51
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Tip: U can get the VacuumCleaner in Level 1: secret place
Edit: U can reload the VacuumCleaner with every electric socket.

Last edited by rayp; 02/29/12 16:52.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: Rise of the Mondel ROTM [Re: rayp] #395959
02/29/12 19:06
02/29/12 19:06
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Man, it's epic! grin I love it! Keep it on!!

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Rise of the Mondel ROTM [Re: 3run] #396011
03/01/12 13:41
03/01/12 13:41
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
I wanted to try your demo but it does not work here, it keeps giving the message that I need to play it from the HD, but I am already playing it from the harddisk. The problem is that windows keeps setting the folder to "read-only" even though I manually mark "read-only" off. I will try it later on an other computer to see if that works. Anyway it looks interesting and it reminds me of Rise of the Triad (hence your game's name ofcourse :P).

Re: Rise of the Mondel ROTM [Re: Reconnoiter] #396014
03/01/12 14:31
03/01/12 14:31
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
The starter alone is a crime against humanity. Sorry, I don't want to be rude, but I really have no clue why you included a monstrum like that into a game. Avast runs amok against the starter. Unpacking is required on every game start and takes at least a minute. The main application gets killed by avast immediately and you have to manually allow that application. Then the whole process again. Wouldn't a simple publish process suffice?

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: Rise of the Mondel ROTM [Re: Uhrwerk] #396015
03/01/12 14:50
03/01/12 14:50
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Avira has no problem with the starter. Sry for that. It takes one minute, thats right. But keep in mind it extracts over 500 files and decrypts them, one minute is ok for that process. I used the starter cause i have no resource compiler in com version. No Feedback about the game itself ?

@Reconnoiter
Mhh...sry no idea why it wont start on your side. First time i hear this. Yes Rise of the Triad inspired me alot (like dn3d did). I wrote the starter, maybe u have the error message for me (copy and paste it out of the status memo).

Last edited by rayp; 03/01/12 14:53.

1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
Re: Rise of the Mondel ROTM [Re: rayp] #396327
03/05/12 18:23
03/05/12 18:23
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Ok, on an other computer it now works. But seriously, I agree here with Uhrwerk, remove the starter c*** for your own sake.

On to the game ifself, I cannot understand German (but this is not your fault ofcourse) and I think that is why I did not like the game much. So I did not played it that long but I still want to give you feedback since it looks like you put much time in it.

I liked the graphics, but hated that enemies were constantly spawning (or are there just alot of enemies?) and that in my opnion the gunfights take too long or are too repitive (yes even for an oldschool game).

I would reduce the amount of enemies outside (with the helicopter landing), add 1 or 2 more enemy types (maybe dogs or guys with explosives) and give the player a shovel or a chainsaw (or similar) in the beginning.

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 03/05/12 18:24.
Re: Rise of the Mondel ROTM [Re: Reconnoiter] #396345
03/05/12 21:06
03/05/12 21:06
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
I've beat the episode and it was pretty funny. The details are cool and lovely implemented, the driving stage was a nice surprise, too.
There were a few things though that annoyed me:
- The crosshair is not in the center of the screen, at least you shoot where the upper left corner of the bitmap points to.
- The DoF is very bad, sorry. I don't really mean its implementation, but as I've said before, it is - as in a many modern shooters, too - so overused here that it makes the game almost unplayable. Everything is so damn blurry, it hurts the game a lot. DoF can look nice in many games, platformers, RPGs, racing games and the like, but IMO it does not go well with shooters, only when the blur starts a few 1000 quants away (assuming your player is ~100 quants high) and is used in a subtle manner.
- Enemies still seem to shoot through walls sometimes and there are a little too many enemies, esp. for the beginning of the game.
- The fact that when you hit an enemy, blood splatters appear on the screen even though the enemy stands far away, is disturbing, too. I would only use this effect if an enemy explodes nearby.
- The player gets stuck quite easily, esp. in the bar/ first room of the game. You can simply walk on the table, too. Sometimes you run against/ on top of items (ammo/ health packs) instead of collecting them.
- The red glowing nipples on the otherwise good boss model look very weird. It seemed to me as if I sometimes took damage from the boss's attack even though her hand was not close to me.
- Last but not least: The starter! I guess it was quite an effort to write it, but simply remove and delete it, it annoys and scares every (possible) gamer. The startup time is too long, no matter how many files get decrypted. Those files can be found one at a time in the savegame folder anyway. After I left the game, the "shadow" process was still running in the Windows task manager. I can only see the left half of the starter window because it is placed at the very right of my (dual) monitor (system).

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Rise of the Mondel ROTM [Re: Superku] #396353
03/05/12 23:11
03/05/12 23:11
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Thank you so far for the feedback. Most of the problems u talked about are known but cause it is/was a simple fun project i dont think that i will do much more work on this project. Did u know that u can toggle DoF by pressing F5 ? But i think its playable at least. If ill keep working on this project ill take care of ure tips. ^^

Edit: @SuperKu
About that screen thing on your double monitor system. Edit data.ini. Change false to true. Now u can move the window with drag and drop. I just wanted to let u know

Last edited by rayp; 03/06/12 20:20.

Re: Rise of the Mondel ROTM [Re: rayp] #397641
03/21/12 18:37
03/21/12 18:37
Sajeth Offline
User
Sajeth  Offline
User

Passworded archives, some fucking annoying piece of software crap ("starter"), I don't get what you're trying to protect here? You chose to make this available for free, that's great. But nobody is going to steal your stuff. And if I wanted to, I'd just rip it from the system memory when it gets extracted. I can't even give critique about the game because it's still trying to start.

edit: yeah, after 10 minutes it would finally launch the engine, then it crashed and I had to start that [...] launcher again. Keep in mind, all that time I can't use my computer for anything else since the starter refuses to move or minimize and has 3 processes running on 33% CPU load each. Then a messagebox appeared, but the crappy starter window still forced itself on top and I couldn't do anything about it. Wow, way to ruin a demo.

This time I looked at the clock and it actually were 15 minutes. When it started, I wanted to skip the splashscreens, but escape auto-closed the game and unloaded everything from memory.

And then people start complaining about the DRM on commercial games.

edit#3: two hours later, me still wondering why my computer keeps lagging, your two .shadow-services were still running at 15% each.

Last edited by Sajeth; 03/21/12 21:21.

Teleschrott-Fan.
Re: Rise of the Mondel ROTM [Re: Sajeth] #397678
03/22/12 06:16
03/22/12 06:16
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
15 minutes ? High end machine. Even on my pc at work it needs only one minute.

Ok starter sucks, is crap and a fucking peace of software. Same as most of the feedbacks in here.
SuperKu f.ex. took his time to give some usefull feedback to this fun project.
Sajeth, your post is like my starter, it just sucks !
Maybe another one want to complain about the starter, giving no other feedback ?

Last edited by rayp; 03/22/12 13:58.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de