by flink. 04/21/24 07:12
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (M_D, AndrewAMD, Quad, Ayumi), 806 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! [Re: lekboon] #39414
01/19/05 21:44
01/19/05 21:44
Switzerland
Dragon Offline
Dragon  Offline

Switzerland
I also found a few bugs:
- If you use the shield (press right) and hold and press W, the player kinda slides forward.

- Sometimes, when you talk to GON the camera is placed behind a wall of, for example, barrels.

- After loosing, you can still press ESC to look at the inventory. You know, on the Credits screen.

- In some places, you can just out of the level.

- There is one place, where a lamp blocks your way down a staircase. Not completly, but I got stuck twice.

I also think the Camera is too shaky.
Good things:
Great gafiks!
Great Design!
Great Menu!
Great Inventory!

Keep up the Work
Been looking forward to the Demo erver since I saw your first try (with the Virus). But since I have a Laptop with a mobility radeon 9000. There are some grafik mistakes, but that's not your fault.

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! [Re: lekboon] #39415
01/20/05 04:00
01/20/05 04:00
Michigan
ICEman Offline
Developer
ICEman  Offline
Developer

Michigan
Very Nice Work Gentlemen... I just have a few comments..some good some not so good..but all will make for the better.

OK...I definately love the feel of it. The music is applepro... the particle effects are umm..quaintly wonderful. Characters look beautiful.

A few things I noted were thaat.lessee..the camera is KINDA annoying, but I didn't have too much issue with it. it was better than the first few Army Men title's camera work... I got used to it real quick tho. Also some animations seem to be missing.. like when he runs AND holds his shield at the same time he just kinda..floats.. his legs dont run in that instance.

Also..;____; why cant he jump and swing a sword..? You're gonna get killed alot tryina defend yourself while jumping to evade.. but without the ability to swing, makes it kinda hard to stand off lots of enemies.. flying ones (assuming there are flying ones) or really tough ones. Outside of that, I love it so far...and look..no viruses!...XD

Goooooood im so glad its Real Time and not turnbased. I haaaate that.

Look into the stuff I and these other strange people are saying... I duno if the floating walk is all that bad.. kinda superman-ish... but sticks ot like a sore thumb tho. Thats somethin i immediately noticed when I played and it said how to run.

I always do those kinda tests just to see what it looks like.

Keep it coming, tho....make some changes and it'll all be good. Very Nice... 1.8 thumbs up (conveniently.i lost a fingertip in an unfortunate car door accident a couple weeks ago...ey at least my judgements have been thus far more accurate, lol).

Nicely done, Eric and staff.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.
Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! [Re: ICEman] #39416
01/20/05 05:33
01/20/05 05:33
G
Gamesaint762 Offline
Gamesaint762  Offline
G

First of all let me say congradulations on a quality demo. The sound and music fit the game very well. Level design and models are good and the implementation of the shaders makes it look great. There were some issues with the camera, but other than that it was a pretty good game. I think that kids of all ages would love this game. I know my kids would be impressed. Also some of the lamps in the halls are too low and the little guy hits his head on them. Good luck on the final game, I will look forward to seeing it. GS out.

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! [Re: Nadester] #39417
01/20/05 06:29
01/20/05 06:29
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline
Expert
ROMAC  Offline
Expert

Israel, Haifa
Very good work - just playing this demo shows how much work must have been put on each and every little detail.
2+ thumbs up (I dont have over 2 thumbs unfortunately)

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! [Re: ROMAC] #39418
01/20/05 06:53
01/20/05 06:53
Orange County, CA
L
LogantheHogan Offline
Developer
LogantheHogan  Offline
Developer
L

Orange County, CA
Overall very nice job, great style, better than anything I could achieve.

Sorry if I sound like a tough critic, but at this stage of the development I know that's what you need. Frankly, I did not like the camera at all. I could not look at the ceiling or down at the floor. Constantly having to move it around to see was frustrating. Also, the physics and collision are a bit sloppy. I was able to walk straight through the various pyramids of barrels, when I thought they would topple down if I touched them. The bat enemies could fly directly through me, and I showed no signs of taking damage when they did (if I did in fact take damage). The objects that did respond to me as far as physics go didn't behave very realistically, but the physics added a nice touch regardless.

I really liked the details like the spider webs in the corners of the rooms.

When I fell in the lava pit in the large room, I stayed alive for a few seconds but nevertheless had no hope whatsoever of getting out of there alive. I think that either it should be instant death, or else provide a way to escape (i.e. a ladder) and time with which to do so. Also, it was a great turnoff for me to have to restart the game from the beginning after falling into the aforementioned lava pit (not to mention the game exiting completely after death; it should only go back to the main menu). I think there should be an automatc save feature or a checkpoint system to relieve those who do not save often.

The shaders looked great, and the AI too. However, apparently the skull heads above the doorways were not closed meshes, as when I turned on stencil shadows I got the ugly black lines that were a big turnoff to me as a player.

The fire and particle effects are fantastic.

Once again, sorry if I seem to be splitting hairs, but as a huge fan of Windwaker and other such games I am really trying to nail you guys. Plus, I've been following this project since the beginning, and I really want it to be the best it can be.

Great job, though, guys, it's certainly better than anything I could do.

If any one of my complaints was unclear to you, let me know and I'll try to explain it a bit better.

Best of luck, and hope this helps,

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! [Re: Nadester] #39419
01/20/05 07:51
01/20/05 07:51
Australia
DavidLancaster Offline
User
DavidLancaster  Offline
User

Australia
Great game!! Graphics are excellent. If you run sideways (press a or d) when your sword is not equiped, the speed you run at is no faster than the walk speed.

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! [Re: Nadester] #39420
01/20/05 12:14
01/20/05 12:14
St. Cloud, Minnesota
W
wood_elf Offline
wood_elf  Offline
W

St. Cloud, Minnesota
I downloaded and installed your demo but I can't get it to run.
I keep getting " error E1004 not enough memory 0 MG required "

I increased my virtual memory like JCL suggests but I still get the
same error. I read that win98 won't run acknex with a nexus greater
than 255.

Could you please tell me what your demos nexus size is?

I'll try it on my brother's computer tommoro if I can't get this to work.

I WILL play your demo.

Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! [Re: wood_elf] #39421
01/20/05 12:17
01/20/05 12:17
I
ISG Offline

Expert
ISG  Offline

Expert
I

In most cases, if you haven't already, you need to restart your PC and it will work. You use up memory the longer you let your PC run, and the game needs a lot of memory to run, so restarting will allow you to gain more back. If this doesn't work please say something.

Ground Tactics - Coming Soon
Ground Tactics OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! [Re: ISG] #39422
01/20/05 12:28
01/20/05 12:28
U.S.
Nadester Offline OP

Expert
Nadester  Offline OP

Expert

U.S.
The nexus is actually at 600. That's up there, I know - but we need the memory.

Thank you everyone for the great feedback, it's really quite helpful!

@ISG, server - yes, we need one now. Talk to me over MSN.

--Eric
Re: RERELEASE! Biyu Biyu Rocket, public beta demo! [Re: Nadester] #39423
01/20/05 12:38
01/20/05 12:38
I
ISG Offline

Expert
ISG  Offline

Expert
I

Ok, did! Hopefully be uploaded, tommorrow!

Ground Tactics - Coming Soon
Ground Tactics OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de