by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, NeoDumont), 761 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept #397423
03/19/12 04:49
03/19/12 04:49
5 Images
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept

What you see here was created in 3months for the intel level up contest, we've done alot to try to optimize it, in the end ALOT of files got corrupted(my fault =/ ) and I had to cram back together what I had so the final product isnt as smooth as i'd like;

Two guys and three months resulted in this creation, its aim is to bring the thrill and cinematic of the third person genre into the world of FPS and PC gaming, though we can’t say we’ve hit those marks for the demo, our ideas or strong, then again, doesn’t everybody think theirs is?

However, this is:

Wrath Of Angels

A first person survival game focusing on creating a unique world and battle style, you wield the elements, Earth, Fire, Ice, Wind and Lightning in your battle against an enemy that we dont wish to reveal as yet;

What does this demo include?

• A singleplayer survival as you fight against waves of incoming enemies in an environment that actually has a lot more story than we could’ve squeezed into the development time.
• The ability to use a mere 10 out of a planned 50 spells for the game, ranging from firing sharp rocks to freezing an enemy inplace.
• A sample of our online coop, though we honestly wont highlight this because due to my not so great pc, I wasn’t able to track down and fix all bugs so I will state that this mode may introduce problems, we left it in to show the concept however;

THIS IS MAINLY A PROOF OF CONCEPT, it is not bugfree, I doubt I couldve find and fixed all bugs in less than 3 months;

If you have and intelHD graphics card, then your feedback is HIGHLY valuable

The aim of this is for you to tell me what the performace is like and most of all STABILITY, does it play at all? crashing? We are aware of alot of bugs but we're out of time to fix them, so without further delay, heres the download link:

Added a new download link, so see if you get better speeds:
WrathOfAngels_proofOfConcept_demo

please download various fixes UPDATE

WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE

If someone else could upload to other sites and post the links, it would be appreciated
Last edited by darkinferno; 03/19/12 18:26. Reason: added video
29 Comments
Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: ratchet] #397586
03/20/12 22:48
03/20/12 22:48
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
um, every object in the game makes full use of normalmap, specular and alot of other shader effects, the game is very shader intensive, look at the video to see it, it may have came out a little darker than expected, you'd have to try it yourself to see the amount of detail we tried to put in for the short time we had =]

saw the video and i think by the time we're finished, they'll draw inspirations from us wink as said, neither the demo, pics or video display what we plan to do with this game

-thanks

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: darkinferno] #397627
03/21/12 16:16
03/21/12 16:16
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

That's look great now.
Yes it seems a little darker and would need some more light with the shader : directionnal + why not around the player like some pointlight like in some RPG games where it is light around the player !

BBut now it seems lot more alive, the normal map brings on good volume on surfaces.

Another solutiong could have been to paint the normal map in some 3D paint program, to not only have the diffuse to normal map transformation.

With your game you can go lot of directions now you have a working base, from Tower Defense game to Survive style etc ... even management if you would have the power to build some structures on the ground.

You can mix also RPG elements or glove equipment with some loot in the game like in the great game Borderlands laugh

Lot of ways are possible for your demo to transform in something great.

Anyways that's great and now the floor looks lot more better now laugh

Last edited by ratchet; 03/21/12 16:18.
Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: ratchet] #397661
03/21/12 23:07
03/21/12 23:07
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
did you actually play it ?

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: darkinferno] #397666
03/22/12 00:00
03/22/12 00:00
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

The screen title with normal maps on ennemies title is great (perhaps make the title more 2D and more colorfull than white that mixes too much with 3D behind ?)

After start new game : my firewall says that the program do some overflow stuff ? perhaps the script call is what makes it react ? I just clicked on skip !

After the scene loading , the firewall says it will make an internet connection :
I refused it, for me the game demo is supposed single player not multiplayer : so i refused the internet acces !
I do that with any game that is single player (appart from my Steam games that really need internet connection unfortunately).

So the scene loaded , it was far away, i didn't find any keys to go it ? or the game didn't started well due to internet connection not available ?

You should put some "F1 Help" screen with all important keys !!

The HDR for my taste is too much, for me is more comparable to Glow shader personnaly What i think ?

Could you put some "Light" Bloom effect options ?
It would make the scene more unified and beeing subtle would be better perhaps ?

Perhaps i didn't understand something ?

Anyway the ennemies and player are original and really cool, something new compared to lot of same standard games wink

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: ratchet] #397670
03/22/12 02:06
03/22/12 02:06
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
Its not a singleplayer demo, the game is coded for Cooperative play, it seems singleplayer because multiplayer isnt finalized.

Again, everything you mentioned was because we ran out of time, that 3d title actually should have a texture but due to some error, i couldnt find it, so i had to make due;

You can already disable HDR from the menu

since you blocked it, that would explain why you didnt spawn

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: darkinferno] #397699
03/22/12 13:08
03/22/12 13:08
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Ok by seeing the video, i thought it had some solo gameplay ? why not ? This type of game could be cooperative, i don't see so much some Pvp style ?

Perhaps you could let the player choose the single player mode (without internet connection) or cooperative player mode ?

Yes i disabled HDR, but the game then loosed the unified look of the scene, objects beeing more separated between them and with the scene.

I know it's a demo and a wip game so don't take too much seriously my remarks and taste !

Kepp the good work laugh

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: ratchet] #397700
03/22/12 13:12
03/22/12 13:12
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
Originally Posted By: ratchet
I know it's a demo and a wip game
lol well that answers your questions wink let me know what you think if you play it and yes, it is multiplayer, but you'll have to wait until its finished to understand how that works wink

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: darkinferno] #397703
03/22/12 13:46
03/22/12 13:46
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

You mean cooperative multiplayer ?
Ok i'll test with internet connexion tonight laugh

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: ratchet] #397706
03/22/12 14:03
03/22/12 14:03
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
cooperative and PvP

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: darkinferno] #397729
03/22/12 21:42
03/22/12 21:42
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Just tried it, it's great laugh

The ground is great with normal map, the big ennemies mouths looks great with normal map also !
All is great and runs very well, the hand in game is cool at final.

-----------
Gameplay :
-----------

- The fire shot is strange :
You click one time it do nothing sometimes , you must keep button mouse pressed to have fire at constant rate.
Why not clicking one time should deliver one power throw no ?

- I don't like a lot the limitation on firing powers ?
Perhaps the player should be able to fire continuously at any time, perhaps with some seconds for the power to cool down ? I don't knwo but this is not my taste laugh

- Perhaps make some little fixed map on the right corner screen showing where you are on the map and showing the dowers to defend and their life bar ?
Because i don't like to have to turn myself around to see what tower have it's life bar going down frown

- Same thing , the ennemies should be displayed by red points on this little map perhaps ?
I mean having some tactic general mini map will help a lot the player decide quickly what to do laugh

- Another important thing should be some message on screen saying :
"WAVE 1 : 50 ennemies left"
etc ...
"WAVE 1 : 10 ennemies left"
etc ...
It will indicate at the player it's progress and what point in the game he is.
Without that, we play the game , just defending the towers, but don't knwo how to achieve the level or when it could be achieved ?

-------------
Graphics / Panels / messages
------------

- The crosshair could be in the options ? i would choose a big red one , lot more visible ? (my taste only)

- Ennemies taking dammage, should be visible , not only by sound : like with some color change or some green blood splat !

- What is the sort of water effect or sprite on screen, i didn't understood what it means when it appears sometimes ? I don't see the utility ? player taking damage should be some subtle full screen color for example, and a little stronger when life very low ?

- Levels look somewhat too much outdoor like ; it's good !
(my taste only): Ennemies , towers and player , and some rocks ok !
Some other levels why not adding life in it :
-> Strange creatures flying on the sky far above !
-> Some volcano with explosions and thinsg going on far away or any other things bringing life , making the world more alive ?
-> Destoryed buildings of civilisation, big mecahnisms , or big detroyed robot parts ?

-You could put some big Building or i don't know , river with special colors and effects, i mean little thing bringing life and interest to the level ?
(Player could choose level of Detail or level complexity in Options , big structures only displayed for fast PC(s) !)

------------
Sound / music
------------

For my taste only :
I don't like a lot all the screems going on the game, it annoys me, i would prefer more brief scream when an ennemy is hit ,and more discret ?

I didn't find the tree powers ,selection very clear ?
I didn't understood anything at first, you should put titles like : Main Power, Skill points to distribute,
Second power selection etc ... ?

The description of mains power is lot of text, you should make it like that perhaps :
"FIRE POWER"
+ Consume all are in front
+ Fast cool down
+ ennemies burning can burn others by contact
- Low damage before LVL 10
- Reach fast the Heat Max limit before cool down
(Just my taste)

-Perhaps put more big visible powers , more colorfull, that catch the eye and well animated, same thing for Zombies impacts or blood (attractive like in Fear game series , but with green blood for example)

--------------
Conclusion :
--------------

The level is very good, the normal maps are great.

AND I KNOW IT'S WIP AND DEMO ... ... SO DON'T TAKE TOO MUCH SERIOUSLY ALL MY TASTES I PUT ABOVE laugh

The game is very fluid (i know i have a good PC also), i'll test it on my Asus EePC, to see how it runs also (i'm curious) ?

Lot of potential sure , keep the good work.

Last edited by ratchet; 03/22/12 22:28.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de