by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,103 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept #397423
03/19/12 04:49
03/19/12 04:49
5 Images
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept

What you see here was created in 3months for the intel level up contest, we've done alot to try to optimize it, in the end ALOT of files got corrupted(my fault =/ ) and I had to cram back together what I had so the final product isnt as smooth as i'd like;

Two guys and three months resulted in this creation, its aim is to bring the thrill and cinematic of the third person genre into the world of FPS and PC gaming, though we can’t say we’ve hit those marks for the demo, our ideas or strong, then again, doesn’t everybody think theirs is?

However, this is:

Wrath Of Angels

A first person survival game focusing on creating a unique world and battle style, you wield the elements, Earth, Fire, Ice, Wind and Lightning in your battle against an enemy that we dont wish to reveal as yet;

What does this demo include?

• A singleplayer survival as you fight against waves of incoming enemies in an environment that actually has a lot more story than we could’ve squeezed into the development time.
• The ability to use a mere 10 out of a planned 50 spells for the game, ranging from firing sharp rocks to freezing an enemy inplace.
• A sample of our online coop, though we honestly wont highlight this because due to my not so great pc, I wasn’t able to track down and fix all bugs so I will state that this mode may introduce problems, we left it in to show the concept however;

THIS IS MAINLY A PROOF OF CONCEPT, it is not bugfree, I doubt I couldve find and fixed all bugs in less than 3 months;

If you have and intelHD graphics card, then your feedback is HIGHLY valuable

The aim of this is for you to tell me what the performace is like and most of all STABILITY, does it play at all? crashing? We are aware of alot of bugs but we're out of time to fix them, so without further delay, heres the download link:

Added a new download link, so see if you get better speeds:
WrathOfAngels_proofOfConcept_demo

please download various fixes UPDATE

WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE

If someone else could upload to other sites and post the links, it would be appreciated
Last edited by darkinferno; 03/19/12 18:26. Reason: added video
29 Comments
Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: ratchet] #397744
03/23/12 01:59
03/23/12 01:59
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
thanks for the very good report Ratchet, I dont mind you pointing out the negatives, knowing "what you like" alone cant help us make the game, these are the reactions we like, I would also like to know how it runs on your slower PC, i'll also address each of your points:

- try the shotgun, this is how the fireshot SHOULDVE worked but I didnt remember to fix it;

- hmm, the truth is only attacks from an element you dont OWN is limited but you can buy its element and then it becomes unlimited, I guess we need to explain more

- I though of the showing the tower life also but I like the map idea more, we'll take it into consideration, though I think we wanted a little of the players panicking to know which tower to get to

- enemies on map ? hmm, not sure, we'll think about it, might make it too easy

- isnt there a message that says the enemies left ? it should be at the top ? maybe a bug ?

- chrosshairs? hmm, got it

- lol we have alot of plans for what happens when enemies get hit, we didnt have the time, just know it will be a bloody game, not too much blood though [sorry if it didnt seem that way]

- the sprite effect onscreen shouldve been changed, my teammate

- levels more alive, again, ran out of time, there is some movement in the background but.. not everyone will notice it wink

well thanks for your comments, I wish everyone wouldve given half the reaction you did laugh

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: darkinferno] #397752
03/23/12 10:05
03/23/12 10:05
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

hmm, the truth is only attacks from an element you dont OWN is limited but you can buy its element and then it becomes unlimited, I guess we need to explain more

-simple and clear titles Like :
Buy Power up
Increase Skill
etc ....
-And also some better delemitation between powers in the big screen with lot of power things. At final i mean lot more clear and better visual and presentation.
I'll try to make some screenshot and paintover if i have time laugh ?

I though of the showing the tower life also but I like the map idea more, we'll take it into consideration, though I think we wanted a little of the players panicking to know which tower to get to

Personnaly i would lot lot more panick from strong mid boss to fight or ennemies than from don't knowing where to go ?
And looking around to know what is going, breaks the gameplay and the fun for my taste laugh
I see it more like some strategy game with mini map and lot of action.
The panick side should come lot more from having one tower to defend and another tower beeing blasted at same time by ennemies : you would have to quickly make the actual tower free. Than run as much fast as possible to the next one to free it !
Perhaps propose two ptions for the player :
mini map mode and knightmare mode (where you don't have a mini map) ?
Just my taste again for that gameplay mechanism laugh

isnt there a message that says the enemies left ? it should be at the top ? maybe a bug ?
I didn't see any messages ?
Perhaps you should make a big one on top of screen lot more visible ? And some special short music of 2,3 seconds ?

the sprite effect onscreen shouldve been changed, my teammate
Yes the effect takes all the screen and i find it too much visible (for my taste again). And i didn't understood what it means ?
- Perhaps some tears of water running down on screen if it is a rain effect, or just some red colors on the corners of the screen would make it ?
-Or like some FPS a red arrow on the corner of the screen from where comes the hit ? to orient the player to that direction perhaps ?

If you improve areas , i htink i oculdn't stop laying it laugh

-----------

The gameplay fits very very well ine solo mode !
So why not making it solo, if multiplayer means cooperative, you should be able to defend towers alone indeed ?
(Like Borderlands game, solo and coop)

One idea gameplay can be Gifts and equipment for the player to keep it playing the game.
Perhaps some loot system; or treasure chests in level, boss prizes loot, new powers unlock after each stage type.
By equipment perhaps some glove equipment visible things on the hand and forearm (special equipment attached to the glove and forearm ?)

Keep it up !

Last edited by ratchet; 03/23/12 11:00.
Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: ratchet] #397854
03/24/12 11:47
03/24/12 11:47
Baden Württemberg, Germany
Espér Offline
Expert
Espér  Offline
Expert

uhm..
i wanted to play the game, but it took me 6 restarts (windows crashes) before the level starts, and the game crashes everytime i hit the left mousekey...

did i miss something?

Selling my Acknex Engine Editions (A7 Com & A8 Pro):
>> click here if you are interested <<
Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: Espér] #397895
03/24/12 20:26
03/24/12 20:26
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
did you download the fix ?

what are your specs ?

I dont recall their being situations of crashing during the level loading though, but i know it does take a bit long to load sometimes;

Dont worry, the next version will be nothing like this wink

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: darkinferno] #397912
03/25/12 12:40
03/25/12 12:40
Espér Offline
Expert
Espér  Offline
Expert

CPU: 4,8GHz Quad
Graca: 2x NVidia Geforce 560 GTX
Ram: 8,41GB

I'm able to run around.. bur every leftclick "Blabla isn't working" Windows Error..

I loaded the fix - same problem.

Selling my Acknex Engine Editions (A7 Com & A8 Pro):
>> click here if you are interested <<
Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: Espér] #397927
03/25/12 19:27
03/25/12 19:27

C
chris_oat
Unregistered
chris_oat
Unregistered
C

CPU: i7 2,00 GHz
Graca: NVidia Geforce GT 540M
Ram: 6 GB

same problem as Espér wrote:
Originally Posted By: Espér

I'm able to run around.. bur every leftclick "Blabla isn't working" Windows Error..

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: ] #397977
03/26/12 02:49
03/26/12 02:49
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
I'm now wondering if i uploaded the right fix, its odd though because obviously the same build runs for Ratchet and others that have tested it;

Dont worry though, the next build will be nothing like this;

Did it crash with all starting elements ?

How was the scene? were there any other errors ?

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: darkinferno] #397978
03/26/12 04:49
03/26/12 04:49
Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Works fine here except can't change resolution or go fullscreen.

Most of the stuff seems wip, first things do not look right on first look are that there is no persistent art style in menus/panels and no shadows. I do not know if it's a problem in my visual perception(i have problems there in real life), but enemies look like they are just growing in size instead of getting closer. Shadows would make it look right.

It crashes when you try to interact with window(scale/move), when the game hangs(loading level, doing something on the background etc), if you wait, you do not get any crashes and game continues to run.

win8 x64, nvidia gtx560ti, core2quad 2.8, 4gb ram

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: Quad] #397981
03/26/12 07:46
03/26/12 07:46
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

@Quad :
(i have problems there in real life)
Like any people laugh

Personnaly i found all the level clear ( perhaps empty and not enought attractive perhaps like i said on previous post)

Putting fullscreen game always, perhaps could resolve all these strange problems ?

Re: WrathOfAngels - proofOFconcept [Re: ratchet] #398000
03/26/12 12:05
03/26/12 12:05
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
@Quad:
the game was created in less than 3months, there are ALOT of graphic options that were removed because of the specs of the target system;

@Ratchet:
Some of them sound like shadeC, I dont know how shadeC operates on differenct PC, its clear that its fine for some and not for others, actually, in my uncompiled version, changing resolutions works fine but failed when compiled, I didnt have time to look into it

----------

The game is being worked on however, i'm taking all feedback into account as well, currently working on the coop mode and making everything is fine there;

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de