by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 552 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827
19046 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: HorusIDE [Re: gri] #401713
05/23/12 14:54
05/23/12 14:54
Carlos3DGS Offline
User
Carlos3DGS  Offline
User

under the "tab" of the code (right above the code) there are several buttons that do things. One is to change the type of code sintax that will be higlighted in that specific tab, the one beside that (to it's left) will divide that specific tab view in two, giving you two views of the code in that window that can be scrolled independantly of eachother. Great feature!

"The more you know, the more you realize how little you know..."

I <3 HORUS
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=401929&page=1
Re: HorusIDE [Re: Carlos3DGS] #401714
05/23/12 15:14
05/23/12 15:14
Hessen, Germany
T
Tempelbauer Offline OP
Expert
Tempelbauer  Offline OP
Expert
T

Hessen, Germany
Thank you very much Carlos for this detailed report laugh

Quote:
-custom defines dont autocomplete

this *should* work. i´ve tested it right now and i have to say... thanks for this bug report. will be fixed

Quote:
-Could not get the manual to open via button or F1 key (not a big issue, but would be nice)

does your manual exist on the right place? Horus tries to open "%GS_DIR%/deutsch/3dgs_manual.chm" if you set the editor-language to german or "%GS_DIR%/english/3dgs_manual.chm" if you set to any other language.

Quote:
-I did find the "To-Do-List" feature but was unable to use it. Is it not working? Is the use not intuitive enough? Or am I just stupid?

it is working. just type something like
Code:
//todo write another todo
// todo: writing a multiline todo
/*    todo  works even with multiline comments */

Quote:
Shooting for the sky, I would love to see support for A-Net as it seems to be a moderately popular addon for 3DGS (I use it too).

what do you mean with ANet-Support?
What you can do with the current version of horus:
- customizing the multiplayer-run-feature. in the configs you can change the default server and client commandline arguments of 3dgs-com-multiplayer ("-sv -cl", "-cl") to anet (if you want to use own commandline arguments for the run. or you can empty it for no special arguments on a multiplayer-run)
- using the custom code completion. include the anet-headers and the anet-functions and vars will be suggested like any other custom object (as long they´re part of the project-folder)

Quote:

+split view of the same file

how ?
Quote:
under the "tab" of the code (right above the code) there are several buttons that do things. One is to change the type of code sintax that will be higlighted in that specific tab, the one beside that (to it's left) will divide that specific tab view in two, giving you two views of the code in that window that can be scrolled independantly of eachother. Great feature!

correct.
after you´ve activated the splitview, the grid-splitter appears maybe on the left side and not in the center of the editor (this depends on the size of the content and is a bug. will be fixed next version):

Quote:
Engine sytax check on the fly as you type, underlining errors? Awesome!

i have to say, that this is a lite-c-syntax-check, but not an engine syntax check. it´s not possible to use the acknex-built-in syntaxcheck for a live-check frown i´ve written an own parser. it does not fit 1:1 with the engine-check. there are 2 bugs recognized so far. the main aim of this parser is to analyze the sourcecode for the code jumper and code completion. and as a gimmick, it underlines found errors. i decided to develop my own lite-c-parser (and not just using regular expressions), because it´s more exactly and scaleable. especially if i plan to add code-refactoring tools wink

Last edited by Tempelbauer; 05/23/12 15:35.
Re: HorusIDE [Re: Tempelbauer] #401717
05/23/12 16:24
05/23/12 16:24
Carlos3DGS Offline
User
Carlos3DGS  Offline
User

Originally Posted By: Tempelbauer
Thank you very much Carlos for this detailed report laugh
ThankYOU for this great tool!

-Didnt know the define autcomplete was a bug, lucky test I guess

-Just checked my GS install folder and my manuall is not placed there, wierd (I did not change anything in the gs folder). For me it is in the main intall folder and SED opens it correctly with F1. I just made a copy in the directory you specified and it opens, but that is a short help file. The one SED opens when you press F1 (with all the function explanations and stuff) is "acknex.chm". It would be more usefull for it to point to that (or even better if it pointed to the online manuall).

-Ok, option 3 then. I'm just stupid and didnt know how todo works. Works fine just like you said

Quote:
-customizing the multiplayer-run-feature. in the configs you can change the default server and client commandline arguments of 3dgs-com-multiplayer ("-sv -cl", "-cl") to anet (if you want to use own commandline arguments for the run. or you can empty it for no special arguments on a multiplayer-run
Thanks!

Quote:
i have to say, that this is a lite-c-syntax-check, but not an engine syntax check. it´s not possible to use the acknex-built-in syntaxcheck for a live-check
Mabe try run the code with A8 to get the log file it creates listing the errors and lines. Then open that log file in a new "sytax error" tab with a different "syntax highlight" mode tailored specially to read that. that way we could also use the "Code-Jumper" To jump from error to error? That would be cool, just like the SED errors but with more functionality after getting the results! Just throwing out some ideas for ya.

EDIT:
Just came up with an idea for a nice new feature. Should be very fast and easy to implement but would be a treat for users...
"Save Project Template" or "Save Project Descktop" or "Include Project files"
The name dosn't really matter, but what it does is save a list of the files open, window positions, work directory, main script file, etc into a separate file. Then all we have to do is load that file and it will open all the files we need (the window positions and stuff like that is extra and not really needed). Opening a group of pre-defined files with just a couple of clicks would be great functionality!

Last edited by Carlos3DGS; 05/23/12 17:20. Reason: Save "Project"

I <3 HORUS
Re: HorusIDE [Re: Carlos3DGS] #401724
05/23/12 17:40
05/23/12 17:40
Hessen, Germany
T
Tempelbauer Offline OP
Expert
Tempelbauer  Offline OP
Expert
T

Hessen, Germany
Quote:
-Just checked my GS install folder and my manuall is not placed there, wierd (I did not change anything in the gs folder). For me it is in the main intall folder and SED opens it correctly with F1. I just made a copy in the directory you specified and it opens, but that is a short help file. The one SED opens when you press F1 (with all the function explanations and stuff) is "acknex.chm". It would be more usefull for it to point to that (or even better if it pointed to the online manuall).

if i press F1 in horus i get the full german/english manual and not a short version.
by the way: just copy the chm you like in the mentioned directory and name it 3dgs_manual.chm and you have it wink

Quote:
It would be more usefull for it to point to that (or even better if it pointed to the online manuall).

in a future version i plan to implement context-sensitive help. retrieving data from the online manual is for this feature a wise solution.

Quote:
Mabe try run the code with A8 to get the log file it creates listing the errors and lines.

you´re right, the acklog could be a possible solution for this. but then i have to write a second parser (analyze the logfile) that have to run additionally. and the syntax-check of the engine is slower than my parser. next issue is the acknex startup-window. afaik i can not hide this, even if i run the exe with the Hidden-attribute. if this is true (i don´t remeber very well but i think i´ve checked this because my original idea was to use it), you would get an annoying topmost-window everytime you type something and so you can not work anymore.
this, and the bad cost-benefit ratio of this feature prevent me implementing this.

Quote:
that way we could also use the "Code-Jumper" To jump from error to error?

have you clicked on the error-notice? you will jump to the line with the error. correct it and click again on the notice to jump to the next (if a next error exist).

Quote:
Just came up with an idea for a nice new feature. Should be very fast and easy to implement but would be a treat for users...
"Save Project Template" or "Save Project Descktop" or "Include Project files"
The name dosn't really matter, but what it does is save a list of the files open, window positions, etc into a separate file. Then all we have to do is load that file and it will open all the files we need (the window positions and stuff like that is extra and not really needed). Opening a group of pre-defined files with just a couple of clicks would be great functionality!

this automatic include is already on my to-do list (see a few posts above).
i plan to implement 2 things:
1.) "reopen last files": everytime you close horus a list of the opened files will be stored in the configs and automatically reopen if you restart the editor. so you can continue where you´ve quit the last time. this is a basic feature of all common editors and till now missing in horus.
2.) "open include files": open all included codefiles.
together this 2 feature should fit the needs of most users.
the panel-layout is already stored and reloaded (arrange the editor as you like and restart).

Re: HorusIDE [Re: Tempelbauer] #401729
05/23/12 19:04
05/23/12 19:04
Schweiz
Widi Offline
Serious User
Widi  Offline
Serious User

Schweiz
Quote:

Bye bye SED forever!

+1 grin

Re: HorusIDE [Re: Tempelbauer] #401737
05/23/12 19:53
05/23/12 19:53
de
lemming Offline
lemming  Offline

de
Horus practically replaced SED for me. It's brilliant! Thank you for this tool!

Some bugs:
The multiplayer-start doesn't relocate the windows, though it's activated. (That feature is so AWESOME!)

The codejumper is empty. What am I doing wrong?

Features I would wish for:
- Is a project Manager planned? Like a list with all scripts to open by click. (Even a simple explorer-window would do for me.) And saving of opened files and window positions.

- More customization at fontface and colours.

- An option to disable the toolbar in the text window. I never click these buttons.

- Some sort of dropdown menu with different start parameters (beside the customizable one).

- "Lauch a file" command after compiling. Starting a BAT or something.

Re: HorusIDE [Re: lemming] #401741
05/23/12 20:11
05/23/12 20:11
Hessen, Germany
T
Tempelbauer Offline OP
Expert
Tempelbauer  Offline OP
Expert
T

Hessen, Germany
Quote:

The multiplayer-start doesn't relocate the windows, though it's activated. (That feature is so AWESOME!)

increase the delay in the configs (gamestudio-section). this delay have to be longer than the engine needs to start. the reason for this is that i can not move the engine-window as long as the startup-window is there. sadly i can not determine when the startup-window disappear, so i have to go the timer-way

Quote:
The codejumper is empty. What am I doing wrong?

possible reasons/solutions:
1.) you have an error in your syntax
2.) the lite-c-file isn´t saved. save it as *.c/*.h and repoen it
3.) try to switch to another open document and back (this invokes the codejumper to update)

Quote:
- More customization at fontface and colours.

- An option to disable the toolbar in the text window. I never click these buttons.

nice to have, but low priority. there´re some more important things in development

Quote:
- Is a project Manager planned?

yes, of course

Quote:
- Some sort of dropdown menu with different start parameters (beside the customizable one).

sounds useful, maybe i can implement it in RC3 yet.

Quote:
- "Lauch a file" command after compiling. Starting a BAT or something.

pre/post-build commands (for run and publish) comming version 2.1.0

Last edited by Tempelbauer; 05/23/12 21:40.
Re: HorusIDE [Re: Tempelbauer] #401765
05/24/12 12:06
05/24/12 12:06
de
lemming Offline
lemming  Offline

de

1.) you have an error in your syntax

The "last line" bug was messing it up. Works now.

Another thing: Prototypes and functions are handled the same in the code jumper. Not that big deal, but maybe a slightly different icon?

Last edited by lemming; 05/24/12 12:08.
Re: HorusIDE [Re: lemming] #401776
05/24/12 14:21
05/24/12 14:21
Hessen, Germany
T
Tempelbauer Offline OP
Expert
Tempelbauer  Offline OP
Expert
T

Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Another thing: Prototypes and functions are handled the same in the code jumper. Not that big deal, but maybe a slightly different icon?

yes

Re: HorusIDE [Re: Tempelbauer] #401929
05/26/12 11:59
05/26/12 11:59
Carlos3DGS Offline
User
Carlos3DGS  Offline
User

After a few days using HorusIDE I can confirm I still love it. This is an incredible and extremely detailed app.
Out of all the things I talked about in my previous posts I think the most important one would be to auto-open included files and for the defines to correctly autocomplete. Most of the other things things I mentioned I can do withought, though they would be nice to have, but the things I most feel like are missing while using horus are those two.

this automatic include is already on my to-do list (see a few posts above).
i plan to implement 2 things:
1.) "reopen last files": everytime you close horus a list of the opened files will be stored in the configs and automatically reopen if you restart the editor. so you can continue where you´ve quit the last time. this is a basic feature of all common editors and till now missing in horus.
2.) "open include files": open all included codefiles.
together this 2 feature should fit the needs of most users.
the panel-layout is already stored and reloaded (arrange the editor as you like and restart).

That is just awesome to hear! After usng your program alot I feel that is the main thing that is really bugging me.
Keep up the good work!

EDIT: By the way I just noticed yesterday that you can drag&drop a file from a folder to the HorusIDE title bar and it automatically opens it. And it works with mutliple files at the same time!
I <3 HORUS

Last edited by Carlos3DGS; 05/26/12 12:03.

I <3 HORUS
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de