by jcl. 04/20/24 08:38
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 827 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: The Future - Is There One? [Re: pararealist] #412056
11/22/12 11:41
11/22/12 11:41
Australia
EvilSOB Offline
Expert
EvilSOB  Offline
Expert

Australia
Has anyone actually had a hands-on with Zorro?

Ive been wondering if it is 3DGS-based.
If it is, it may (hopefully) injecting some of its profits
into the 3DGS development coffers.

Well ... one can HOPE cant one?

"There is no fate but what WE make." - CEO Cyberdyne Systems Corp.
A8.30.5 Commercial
Re: The Future - Is There One? [Re: EvilSOB] #412057
11/22/12 11:58
11/22/12 11:58
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
It uses a slightly modified Lite-C compiler under the hood. Not sure if and when the changes get backported to 3dgs (but I would assume that at least some of them get backported)

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: The Future - Is There One? [Re: WretchedSid] #412063
11/22/12 12:50
11/22/12 12:50
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Originally Posted By: JustSid
(but I would assume that at least some of them get backported)
I think if that guy over there won't be interested in 3DGS future, we won't get anything backported or even developed farther.. but I really hope that I'm wrong at this point. Anyway it really make me sick (and not only me I assume) to see how that bullshit project attracts more attention than main project which is GameStudio (at least for most of the community users).. I hope this won't go for too long..

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: The Future - Is There One? [Re: 3run] #412066
11/22/12 13:22
11/22/12 13:22
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: 3run
(but I would assume that at least some of them get backported)
I think if that guy over there won't be interested in 3DGS future, we won't get anything backported or even developed farther..

I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have invested into a new WED and an Android port if they didn't see a future for Gamestudio. And it's not like there was a sudden change in the industry that killed Gamestudio in an unforeseen manner. Having to maintain two compilers isn't really a great thing, especially if you can't push your changes upstream, so I'm fairly certain that these two compilers get merged at some point.

Originally Posted By: 3run
Anyway it really make me sick (and not only me I assume) to see how that bullshit project attracts more attention than main project which is GameStudio

I did not know that it was your role to determine which project should have which priority inside of Conitec.

You should understand that Zorro is a new product at an early stage, giving bad support when there is virtually no community around it will essentially starve the product and peoples interest in it (you can't just throw things at people and expect them to just figure it out on their own). Think of it however you like, but for some time this "bullshit" project will get most of the attention from Conitec. Gamestudio can carry itself for quite a bit through the well established community, something that won't work for Zorro.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: The Future - Is There One? [Re: WretchedSid] #412071
11/22/12 13:42
11/22/12 13:42
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
I did not know that it was your role to determine which project should have which priority inside of Conitec.
Hmm.. Did I ever say anything related to this? You probably just didn't get the point of my words JustSid, as if you are saying such silly things. This forum mainly wasn't focused on "Zorro", was it?? MAIN Conitec project on this forum was and hopefully still is GAMESTUDIO, or am I opening America for you with this words? Or did I just miss something in here? I'm not the only one complaining about Zorro logo in the upper left corner wink And it is really strange to see this BULLSHIT right here, in the community of the GAMESTUDIO! People come here to make games/tools, not to test/use stuff for making money (or whatever) and I don't give a damn fuck about other conitec stuff, but they could at least make another forum for that NEW shit. I don't have anything much against that thing (Zorro thing), I'm happy for Conitec that they are able to invest some money in new "tools", but what I don't really like is that they new "tool" slows down GameStudio development, THE MAIN PROJECT HERE ON THIS FORUM, product for which this forum was made FOR! That's why I call it bullshit or whatever!

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: The Future - Is There One? [Re: 3run] #412124
11/23/12 06:12
11/23/12 06:12
old_bill Offline
Senior Expert
old_bill  Offline
Senior Expert

From a financial point of view Zorro carries much more attraction than 3DGS does, if you look at the possibilities regarding revenues and investment kickback.

There have always other topics been present on the forum too, look at the Morbius or Hilberts Hotel part, which originally accrued from a book and a page related to physics/philosophy.

Hopefully they'll make a good share with it and gain some free funds to strengthen the general developpment team, which will be beneficial to all of their tools.

Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
Re: The Future - Is There One? [Re: old_bill] #412227
11/24/12 10:02
11/24/12 10:02
UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
I expect all A8 users to get a free update to A9.

A8.3x Commercial, AcknexWrapper and VS 2010 Express
○pararealist now.
Re: The Future - Is There One? [Re: pararealist] #412303
11/25/12 11:55
11/25/12 11:55
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

On the Zorro site you find a forum :
Zorro site
And their forum is a sub part of 3DGS forum, that's very unprofessionnal and just proove they don't have money to make a dedicaced forum.

On Zorro site you can read : Take money form rich and give it to poor ? let me laught ... trading is what make the world so bad on these days.

If it was right Conitec, should do it for free and give Zorro for free if their goal was to save poor pople !

If you could take so much money, Conitect would use it and would hire developpers to make some big 3D game studio ....
or they would just concentrate on Zorro.

--------------------

But i understand without money and one guy having to manage all that ... by beeing on 3 domains :
-Galep device programmer
-3DGS
-Zorro
Without concentrating on some domain like 3DGS mainly and strongly , it could fail ?

Conitec just trying to adapt to survive , 3DGS is no more able to compete with other 3D engines[/color] (Shiva 3D, Unity 3D, Esenthel, LeadWerks 3 etc .... )

Past years, you found only some 3D engines, now you find a lot , even free advanced, and now lot better, lot more complete and some very advanced also : UT3 SDK, Crysis, Unity 4, Esenthel, free Ogre 3D, LeadWerks, Shiva 3D, C4 engine etc ...

------------

For new 3DGS IDE ,and MOBILE ...
You have strong prooven engines for mobile with optimized 3D features and some very cheap, well ... we don't need to wait 3DGS for that.

If you are interested to keep your customers that's what you make usually, some screenshot of what is going or you show nothing when you have nothing going on ?
Nothing about wed or mobile !

------------------

It's like Vegetation tool , remaining on Planned features from more than two years now, and it's blocked since on 50%.
It's useless ... only to make some people dream ...
It's features based on the hope that some user will make them, like it has been for lot of little features...
(shade C, Physix cloth etc ... )

------------------

WE ARE ON THE FOG ....

Conitec should be lot lot more transparent and show what is really in the works (screenshots , videos) etc ...and just say what is planned in the next months also.
And really make shorter the long Forecast page , and put only what is really working on !

On some other strong 3D engines (Esenthel, Leadwerks 3, Unity 4etc ...) you can see what is done (screenshots, videos etc ...)
There is no visibilty from 2012 on real things, , no vide, no screenshot, only little updates.

For my part i like 3DGS, but i just see it sinking , even more with Zorro now !
Just look at that to see where 3D artists and game makers are going :
games Gallery examples

Today you need 3D artists to come to your engine to make it popular and prooves that it can do it.

Unity , LeadWeks 3D, UT3 etc ... for example have understood it and propose some visual programming modules for pure 3D artists that can even not program anything.

Some game made entirely on a visual scripting tool with Unity ( PlayMaker for 3D artists ):
Alien Breed remake
And it looks and works lot better than lof of 3DGS Showcase games.

I don't say you can't do good games with 3DGS :
SuperCan, Battle For Forgol, Maniac Mansion etc ...
Sometimes it can ask you lot lot more work , and it could lack features otehrs have (NavMesh etc ...)

-------------
Just one simple example : Select create a cloth than change easily the properties under the great Inspector View, is so easy, so fun, so fast to adjust things ... this i can not do it under 3DGS caus it don't have such Inspector window for objects !!

It's a choice perhaps, for programmers like 3DGS, Dark Basic Pro etc ... or for 3D artists also

---------------

If strategy of Conitec will be : new WED interface, some beginning of mobile for A9 , in that case i'll pass and keep A8 laugh

I just hope Conitec will make the right decisions, and avoid to let down people on the fog about what is in the making.

They done it during two years without any updates in the past, and today that feels teh same strategy :
-Nothing precise
-Just Wed, Mobile annoucements without any screenshot or video ?
-little 3D update functions
In some other 3D engines teh upadets are VERY BIG and complicated like : Mac support,mobile, new Rendering shader techniques, new terrain system, navmesh system etc , visual programming etc ...
From 2012, no big update, so much little programming functions ... i think the life is easy like that for them laugh

-----------

People don't have to take bad my arguments, i'm not fan on any engine, i use another two for other purposes and features, and it's just some customer feeling from A6 days laugh

And perhaps lot more 3D artist than programmer, so needing lot more and better tools.

So perhaps all my talking is not very appropriate for 3DGS ?
And 3DGS , have a great community members , the forums help, Acknex magazine , documentation ... all that is such a big positive point.
I hope Conitec will continue, even by letting people on the fog (and easy annoucements), and i hope they will improve the tools also, something more easy, fast to use etc ...

Only future will tell ...

--------------------

And i found i'll buy some day Unity 4 Pro, it can be hight price, but not so hight, just some Apple computer price at final like another indie said to me.
And when you see the big team behind, the incredible amount of features of the editor, all the plugins , the easy script and panel templates, the open system ... you pay such price for an engine near AAA ones laugh

I feel i'll have to leave 3DGS and turn the page, and use only up to date engines, even if i used it from old good A6 days.

Some other 3D engines, when you are in front of them, you see directly you need 3D models and textures, the tools are there just waiting for your 3D assets.
Like some complete 3D terrain editor, it just waits your textures, your houses, trees, characters etc ... that's the difference between programmer engines oriented, and mixed ones oriented to 3D artists !

----------------

For now i use it for a retro indie game, and i'm happy with WED caus i don't use terrain for that game.

Who knows if 3DGS could give us a surprise some day laugh ?
That's a year from 2012 (and more) i say we could be surprised ... sick

And critics, even bad , even on the real life , just awaken you up or make you progress, or realize some things ..... laugh

Last edited by ratchet; 11/25/12 14:21.
Re: The Future - Is There One? [Re: ratchet] #412369
11/26/12 15:50
11/26/12 15:50
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
Quote:
If it was right Conitec, should do it for free and give Zorro for free if their goal was to save poor pople !

If you could take so much money, Conitect would use it and would hire developpers to make some big 3D game studio ....
or they would just concentrate on Zorro.

1. Zorro is freeware
2. Conitec is using it

no science involved
Re: The Future - Is There One? [Re: fogman] #412384
11/26/12 19:04
11/26/12 19:04
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Ok so i was wrong frown !
I just hope they will concentrate some more in 3DGS Game !

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de