by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, rki), 390 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Weapons Demonstration! New weapons for Sergeant Rampage [Re: jumpman] #399732
04/19/12 00:29
04/19/12 00:29
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Great grin The instructions at the top really help, and it's already much more fun (even though I already had a great time after I'd written my previous feedback seeing how far I could get without dying).

Keep up the great work! I really enjoy the enemy variety and the effects of fire on different block types.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Weapons Demonstration! New weapons for Sergeant Rampage [Re: jumpman] #399734
04/19/12 00:53
04/19/12 00:53
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Fantastic work, I love it, almost killed every enemy (I guess) until a few claymores killed me!
The mouse movement is fine, only when you see and touch the pink background color with the mouse cursor (and thus probably c_trace does not hit something) it acts weird. There was a bug (?) when suddenly a few (let's say 20) blocks started to accelerate and move downward (you could see the sky_color).
The weapon handling (and the weapon's effects, too) and the overall gameplay is really cool, please don't make it slower! The uzi is a little weak, esp. because of the small magazine size. I would like to see flashbangs in a future update. A golden gun (revolver) like in Perfect Dark could be cool, too.

What kind of levels do you plan for the actual game? I think an open-world Metroid style would fit nicely.
If you don't have any story yet, here's my idea:
You and your girlfriend are happy, your life, your (and her) friends, everything seems to be fine. One Sunday, like every other month before, you meet them at a big mansion, you all are having a wonderful meal together, a mafia-like family. Then, suddenly, your girlfriend tells you what a pathetic loser you are, that she is cheating on you for months and years and all of your other "friends" start to laugh and joke about you that you didn't notice it, but everyone else did. They can't stand you anymore, too, so they start to punch and beat you up, drive you to a harbor, shoot you in the belly, kick you in the water and drive away.
You survive seriously injured and you begin your vendetta, your rampage. This is where the game kicks in, you start with only a knife and low health and your goal obviously is to find and kill all of them (they are the boss enemies). I am aware that the story does not really match your current theme.

EDIT: Btw. this roughly was the story of a prototype similar to your game that I once made, where you and the other guys in fact were part of the mob.

Last edited by Superku; 04/19/12 00:57.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Weapons Demonstration! New weapons for Sergeant Rampage [Re: Superku] #399740
04/19/12 03:42
04/19/12 03:42
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Originally Posted By: Superku

What kind of levels do you plan for the actual game? I think an open-world Metroid style would fit nicely.
If you don't have any story yet, here's my idea:
You and your girlfriend are happy, your life, your (and her) friends, everything seems to be fine. One Sunday, like every other month before, you meet them at a big mansion, you all are having a wonderful meal together, a mafia-like family. Then, suddenly, your girlfriend tells you what a pathetic loser you are, that she is cheating on you for months and years and all of your other "friends" start to laugh and joke about you that you didn't notice it, but everyone else did. They can't stand you anymore, too, so they start to punch and beat you up, drive you to a harbor, shoot you in the belly, kick you in the water and drive away.
You survive seriously injured and you begin your vendetta, your rampage. This is where the game kicks in, you start with only a knife and low health and your goal obviously is to find and kill all of them (they are the boss enemies). I am aware that the story does not really match your current theme.

EDIT: Btw. this roughly was the story of a prototype similar to your game that I once made, where you and the other guys in fact were part of the mob.

+1!

Re: Weapons Demonstration! New weapons for Sergeant Rampage [Re: lostclimate] #399865
04/21/12 16:52
04/21/12 16:52
ny
jumpman Offline OP
Serious User
jumpman  Offline OP
Serious User

ny
thanks for taking a play with the latest build guys!!!

How do you guys think I would be able to fix that camera glitch when the cursor is outside the level?

Currently what is happening is this: The camera shoots a c_trace from the camera to the cursor direction on the level. When the c_Trace hits a block, that position is the 3d shooting position the player will shoot at. The camera will then look at a point in between the player character and the hit trace position, to help slightly look in the direction the cursor is looking at.

When the initial trace doesnt hit anything, as when it happens when there is no blocks in the level, the camera then looks at a position thats inbetween the player and the final trace position. This causes the camera stutter.

How would i fix this?

Re: Weapons Demonstration! New weapons for Sergeant Rampage [Re: jumpman] #399868
04/21/12 17:34
04/21/12 17:34
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
The ideal hit-position will always be on the same plane, won't it? If so, I would do a custom line-plane intersection to find the hit position instead of doing an actual c_trace. This should also be much more efficient, since it's just tracing against one infinite plane.

On a big screens it can be easy to miss enemies when I lose track of exactly where on-screen the player is. A laser-line or a line that's attached to the cursor and points towards the player but quickly fades out might be really helpful in this regard, so the player can always tell what direction the player is from the aiming cursor.

Either way, keep it up. I noticed the camera glitch but forgot to say anything as I was really enjoying myself anyway grin

I made KarBOOM!
Re: Weapons Demonstration! New weapons for Sergeant Rampage [Re: JibbSmart] #399899
04/22/12 22:49
04/22/12 22:49
ny
jumpman Offline OP
Serious User
jumpman  Offline OP
Serious User

ny
thanks jibbsmart!! I have never thought about that, though looking at the math required kind of scares me from trying to use it and understand it frown

I can implement a "line" that spans from the player to the cursor so you wont get him lost during the action.

What do you guys think of the weapons? What situations do you use them in? What weapons were your favorites? What do you think about the smoke grenades?

Re: Weapons Demonstration! New weapons for Sergeant Rampage [Re: jumpman] #399901
04/22/12 23:37
04/22/12 23:37
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
I use the machine gun as much as possible grin I really enjoy the uzi, as well, but its short range limits its use. The rocket launcher I save for special occasions, such as groups of machine-gun guys. The shotgun guys are fun with any weapon, because they come in close before shooting grin

I really like the shotgun, as well. I save it for close-quarters battle for obvious reasons.

I don't know how you're doing the AI -- I like it, though. I like leading them one way and then coming around from behind, but in the end it doesn't give me any advantage because they turn around instantly -- it'd be nice if their "cursor" (if that's how they work) had a "max speed", or they were somehow given a bit of a delayed reaction-time like humans do, so we could surprise them from behind if they thought we were somewhere else.

I made KarBOOM!
Re: Weapons Demonstration! New weapons for Sergeant Rampage [Re: JibbSmart] #409528
10/18/12 20:09
10/18/12 20:09
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Weapons Demonstration! New weapons for Sergeant Rampage [Re: Superku] #412613
11/29/12 23:35
11/29/12 23:35
ny
jumpman Offline OP
Serious User
jumpman  Offline OP
Serious User

ny
Hi everyone! Ive added a new weapon to my game! Its called the Tracking Bolt, a weapon that shoots intense bolts of electricity that follows the player's mouse; homing bullets!

VIDEO!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=NMGZ61RnAhU

Each bolt of electricity randomly spawns bolt effects that follow each individual bolt! These sprites are then scaled based on distance!

(thank you Superku for posting that video!)

Re: Weapons Demonstration! New weapons for Sergeant Rampage [Re: jumpman] #412616
11/29/12 23:42
11/29/12 23:42
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Your "little" project is becoming more breakneck with each new update! laugh Please, keep this up!!

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de