by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Imhotep, opm), 785 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Game studio Edition [Re: sivan] #413569
12/15/12 13:49
12/15/12 13:49
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Indeed the Pro is overpriced ... specially when you look at other 3D solutions ...

But well it's up to you to buy it or not.

And depending on what you do : totying ,testing ... real game ready to sell it's all up to you to buy it or not or go to another solution !

With 3DGS the only right price i see is the commercial version, enought complete to make a real game.

License per commercial title would never work for Conitec, caus the number of games is so so few, thay would never sell enough to continue 3DGS.

But Unity 3D for example could make some license per title , just seeing this :
Game list
But they also follow unlimited titles per license, and they ahve the free and Pro version.
UT3 has also some cheap license for mobile and PC, and they get fees depending on your sales, but they have directly a full version for you (there is no free or Pro), you just pay when you think you can sell a game.

So i don't think license per title to be so awesome.

Re: Game studio Edition [Re: jcl] #413570
12/15/12 13:52
12/15/12 13:52
Germany
C
Ch40zzC0d3r Offline
Serious User
Ch40zzC0d3r  Offline
Serious User
C

Germany
Originally Posted By: jcl
The only gamestudio version that ever was cracked, meaning unlocked to a working Pro, was an A6.2 beta version.

A Russian hacker group attempted in 2007 and 2008 to crack A7. They reported success several times and published many "cracked" versions on warez websites. None of those cracks did really work. They apparently gave up after a year, at least we did not hear about them again.

Of course, anything can be cracked, but this would require a real programmer, and he had to invest weeks of serious effort due to the various anti-crack mechanisms implemented in 2008 against those Russian hackers. As no one has seriously attempted this so far as to our knowledge, a cracked Gamestudio version is not to be expected.

If you want I can recreate my pro crack, Im not using it atm but I think I could do it again.

Re: Game studio Edition [Re: Ch40zzC0d3r] #413576
12/15/12 14:38
12/15/12 14:38
MMike Offline OP
Serious User
MMike  Offline OP
Serious User

Originally Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r
Do you used ollydbg to crack?
Since you said your programming skills are not the best shocked
ASM is one if the hardest languages I can think of. Normally I can crack shit, but if its packed we need to unpack first, where most of the noobs are failing. VMProtect is one of the advanced packers, I need help to unpack it on highest protection.

First What is the definition of cracking, in this view of gamestudio? Why he say is not a fully unlocked crack!? what defines that!
Like i told before, tell me, something to run and that is only possible with Professional!?

(excluding publish, because like i told before, that part is not done) I just wanted to play with Augmented.C (which was a pro version) and i had to foul the engine to at least think its PRO, and it worked.

About packing VMprotection, I dont remember exaclty how to unpack it right away, BUt i think game studio in not packed.
And yes the language is ASM, which is quite hard to understand the jumps and the calls to somewhere unknown location, so it needs some study and luck, finding the right breakpoint, and study the EAX variables and analyse if they sound familiar, or have any meaning in the hexadecimal notation. Its like chinese... but you try find some logic on it.

But once discovered i can do this to A7, A6 and all other versions in theory... because then you know where are the main target sites computer langue uses to understand the variables checkpoints.

Jcl could let me at least try a PRO feature, or script that only works on That edition. I dont know what those russian guys did.. but give me some code, to test if its pro or not pro unlocked (excluding publishing, because i did not do that part, and i know its missing) (that wasn't my point).

And for all guys outhere, complaining about 3dgamestudio, come on, 3dgamestudio is pretty cool, i think its what opened my eyes to the game programming world. I know there are alot serious other 3d TOOLS. But i think this can do alot.

Now yes, about the pay per license, perhaps would not work.. based on the number of sucessful titles.

And you'r right, i did not ever compiled a fully working game, but thats not because im not able to do it but instead because there are alot of cooperation team sometimes, on those huge games you see outhere, that i could not afford. And working alone sucks, however i have alot of unfinished project.

AND I DID not MOVED TO ANOTHER 3d ENGINE! I STOPED using this engine, i got stuck, and quit doing games.. now im more into server side, and PHP languages, and working on sites, and such, or some statistics programming for Biology.

Dont be scare man, im not goin to crack your bank account! LOL, im a normal guy, i just have many skills in many other fields, its not just programming. Can you blame me for having skills? and know about things? At least i come up and talk this stuff, because in first place it must be known, vulnerabities its what makes things stronger next time ..

Last edited by MMike; 12/15/12 14:56.
Re: Game studio Edition [Re: MMike] #413580
12/15/12 15:01
12/15/12 15:01
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

AND I DID not MOVED TO ANOTHER 3d ENGINE! I STOPED using this engine, i got stuck, and quit doing games.. now im more into server side, and PHP languages, and working on sites, and such, or some statistics programming for Biology.

Well what are you doing here so ? here is game making, not trolling !!

Dont be scare man, im not goin to crack your bank account! LOL, im a normal guy, i just have many skills in many other fields, its not just programming.

You should be carefull saying you can crack lot of things ... it's like saying you have lot of illegal weapons for example ... it could be hard for you at final ...
Lot of ego personnality can be dangerous , even if at final you didn't intended to to nothing bad ...

Can you blame me for having skills? and know about things? At least i come up and talk this stuff, because in first place it must be known, vulnerabities its what makes things stronger next time ..

Anyone has big skills, and there are better than your in life, you are never the better.
3DGS is like some other 3D programs, it works, it sells, and people are here on the forums to make things ...

NOT TO TALK ABOUT USELESS SUBJECTS ; SO STOP TROLLING AND GLORIFYING YOURSELF !

Open up yourself, be creative, program good things, improve yourself, help other people ...

Instead of saying : "THIS IS ME THE SUPER CRACKER" and all your philosophy ....

Or continue loosing your time laugh ??

Last edited by ratchet; 12/15/12 15:06.
Re: Game studio Edition [Re: ratchet] #413583
12/15/12 15:34
12/15/12 15:34
MMike Offline OP
Serious User
MMike  Offline OP
Serious User

RatChet, i came here, to TEll.. in the post, that, a pay per publish would be a better solution to CRACKS... because that way, people would only be able to compile a EXE on DEMAND... Which means, the engine is never sufficient to compile. So no more cracks.. since the Compilation is done on CONITEC side...

Also i talked about that i had curiosity in augment plugin only available in PRO, And that the trial would not let me test, so thats where the crack part came. Because it would be nice, to have a free engine fully features enabled, to let us test the full potential, and then if we need to actually sell, we publish not with the free engine we have, but with Conitec SIDE .. (BUT ITS JUST a thought!)

And from what i read, i now see it make no sense, since little people develop actually anything significant to justifies that method.

Then, I came up with the subject about the crack right? .. And then if it can be done or not.. And JCL told, there is no way to crack A8.
I dont know what he defines as crack. If its a fully crack able to publish, then NO i did not do that. But i could "foul" the engine to at least give me a try on the augmented plugin.

"You should be carefull saying you can crack lot of things"
You right. But in the end, i "could kill" anyone in theory, but dont mean i will do it. Cracking is very NEgative term... I just see it as tweaking or customizing, like e.g, put your name on the Top window of the browser, and write like special editon with the name. There are fun things that can be done too. Or like aplying new skins to the a cellphone, should that be cracking and criminal?
The matter here, is cause damaging with such actions to others, and im clearly not causing. And that is the responsability that i have. Now craking or making it fould to pro, just to try, i really doubt its something serious. Thats not what damages 3d game studio.

So, as long as im not selling or distributiong anything that could pose risk of economic damage, its not very troublesome. Something that those professional cracker, do pose a risk for Companies that injury them, decreasing their sales. And spread them all over. ITS different cenarios..
And i also could see this from another point view, by testing the pro feature, i can see and consider buying the real thing, later... So it can actually be beneficial in some way.

NOT TO TALK ABOUT USELESS SUBJECTS ; SO STOP TROLLING AND GLORIFYING YOURSELF !
Hey! Im not SUPER MAN, not i intended to be! And im not gloryfying, if it sounds like that, Its not really the point. the real point here, was to kind of warn about the reality, and the vulnerabitity of the engine (altought i dont know if this A8 can be fully unlocked, because havent tryed!)...

Or continue loosing your time
You right perhaps im losing my time, about warning JCl about this stuff..When I could keep it secret. But as a programmer, if some other guy come by and tell me about such, I would be glad to be informed about it, so i could do protect more next time... Instead of killing the guy right away. But here is a perspective that depends on each person. Which is face reality VS Hiding Reality and believe everything is fine.

Now Some of you guys do more damage than me believe me, because, always telling the engine its not enought, or etc, is like adding more momentum to the other people that read this, to leave the engine and go to those unity etc... and the power of a group is always greater. And its not glorification, since i told already, im not very good in coding, dlls or c# etc, i think anyone can do it actually, just need the pacience.

NOT TO TALK ABOUT USELESS SUBJECTS
I think this forum is quite big, to have many subjects and topics, and if you think the security of the engine is a USELESS subject, then its okay for you. You can read other topic though, im not forcing you to read this (i guess).

But thanks about your tips about telling about this. Of course, the intention is not to damaging anyone but more to suggest a method for anti-cracking, which i thought would be a good thing i was doing. I could be wrong Perhaps about telling.

But all this talk was more directed to JLC and to open discussion about the subject and reality of things. And as you can see im not getting anything back like a PRIZE or something. I did not come here, to win anything... just to open a discussion about the topic.

I dont know if your attacking me or not, Because my english is not very good sometimes, and i not sure how your tone is.

Last edited by MMike; 12/15/12 16:34.
Re: Game studio Edition [Re: MMike] #413604
12/15/12 19:25
12/15/12 19:25
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Also i talked about that i had curiosity in augment plugin only available in PRO, And that the trial would not let me test, so thats where the crack part came. Because it would be nice, to have a free engine fully features enabled, to let us test the full potential, and then if we need to actually sell, we publish not with the free engine we have, but with Conitec SIDE .. (BUT ITS JUST a thought!)

Believe me the aumented reality needs a camera , i doubt people will buy one or use some playing indie games ? this is very little niche, for some games like on PS2, PS3 style ...

And crying you would need Pro to just some features, well ... i would give you the advice ... change the tool : change the 3D engine, search on internet on other engine forums like Ogre 3D etc ... for aumentend reality stuff instead of asking a little feature that will never justify any 3DGS license change or whatever ...

So, as long as im not selling or distributiong anything that could pose risk of economic damage, its not very troublesome. Something that those professional cracker, do pose a risk for Companies that injury them, decreasing their sales. And spread them all over. ITS different cenarios..
And i also could see this from another point view, by testing the pro feature, i can see and consider buying the real thing, later... So it can actually be beneficial in some way.

Yes you can do what you want with 3DGS trial or cracked as you sell and distribute nothing indeed.
It's your personal use, you could crack Paint Sop Pro, 3DSMAX ,etc ... you do what you want ... as you don't distribute nothing.

But i don't think JCL will ask you or thanks you to crack 3DGS, it is like he said already very hard to crack.
And 3DGS is not same popularity as big programs : Zbrush, 3DSMAX, paint sho pro etc ... that are sold every where throught the world.
I think it's really useless to crack it, but if you need to test Pro version lot more time, to perhaps buy a PRo version , you do as you want .... but you told you let down game making ... so you should really concentrate improving in the right stuff like your programming for example.

the real point here, was to kind of warn about the reality, and the vulnerabitity of the engine (altought i dont know if this A8 can be fully unlocked, because havent tryed!)...
Lot of software can be cracked even big software , so what is the real discovery you bring ??? nothing !
It's like some guy telling to Sony : i can crack your PS3 : believe me i don't think the guy will be thanked by sony and it could be rude for him laugh !!!

Now Some of you guys do more damage than me believe me, because, always telling the engine its not enought, or etc, is like adding more momentum to the other people that read this, to leave the engine and go to those unity etc... and the power of a group is always greater

You hsould read more carefully ... some of us just indicate what is wrong on workflow for example, what should be better, what is done in another 3D engines, but no 3D engine is perfect .. Esenthel 2, LeadWerks 3 , Ogre 3D, Neo Axis , C4 engine are strong in their areas and workflow also.

But you should recognize like people that are NOT FAN OF ANY 3D ENGINE , the engine is just THE TOOL TO MAKE A 3D GAME. when you know how to make a game and have basics , you can choose THE MORE APPROPRIATE laugh

Yes 3DGs can do things , but don't compare it to Unreal 3D engine : STAY REALISTIC.
Stop saying it's some holy graal or better than others .. we have seen SuperCan game quality, and some good ones (superKu, battle for forgol etc ..) ... yes you can do good things indeed ...

You plan some AAA complex FPS , with complex scenes, believe me Unreal 3D is the engine in the indie version.
you plan indie little games ... you have a large choice of 3D engines ...

But all this talk was more directed to JLC and to open discussion about the subject and reality of things. And as you can see im not getting anything back like a PRIZE or something. I did not come here, to win anything... just to open a discussion about the topic.

Yes perhaps you should talk about that subject directly with him, caus it's the only concerned by your crack adventure !

I dont know if your attacking me or not, Because my english is not very good sometimes, and i not sure how your tone is.
No one is attacking you ... but your subject ... well it's not really constructive, nothing to do with game making.
EACH THREAD HAVE A TITLLE ...your thread has nothing to do here i think ?

Last edited by ratchet; 12/15/12 19:31.
Re: Game studio Edition [Re: ratchet] #413615
12/15/12 21:47
12/15/12 21:47
MMike Offline OP
Serious User
MMike  Offline OP
Serious User

OKay, i will follow your advice.

Re: Game studio Edition [Re: MMike] #413634
12/16/12 01:07
12/16/12 01:07
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Regarding the pricing: I have to say that I think that the Pro Edition is overpriced by today's standards and competitors. I'm here and actively using gamestudio since Feb 2001 and I think I remember that the Pro Edition was even more expensive back then. I've spent a lot of my money on all the Pro Editions over the years and I don't regret it, but I would not be mad at all if the price was lowered anytime soon (addressing jcl's 1st post in this thread) and I'm pretty sure no other Pro user would feel tricked, too.
The competition and the prices for game development suites (btw. google does not show gamestudio when you search for this term, this could be done better)/ engines have changed and I've heard and read multiple times that people choose gamestudio over Unity for the lower price. Still, 899Eur is a lot of cash for most hobby developers (I assume that's the primary target group of A8) and I really think 499-649Eur would be a much better and attractive and reasonable price which IMO (probably) would result in more profit (maybe do this change when 8.5 gets released... and advertise it!).

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Game studio Edition [Re: Superku] #413640
12/16/12 01:13
12/16/12 01:13
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
+1 to Superku's words!

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Game studio Edition [Re: jcl] #474357
10/08/18 22:04
10/08/18 22:04
3dgamelight Offline
3dgamelight  Offline

Originally Posted By: jcl
[...]various anti-crack mechanisms implemented in 2008 against those Russian hackers.

What mechanisms?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  aztec, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de