Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (kzhao, AndrewAMD), 652 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: 3run] #415066
01/13/13 13:19
01/13/13 13:19
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: 3run
lostclimate@ and Uhrwerk@ Telling a person that HE (person himself, not his project) doesn't deserve to take part in this contest isn't rude?

Yes, HE shouldn't have been allowed to the contest with this project. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be allowed to the contest in general, or other contests for that matter. This project doesn't deserve to voted on by others, and certainly shouldn't have made the first place. And I don't see why I should only talk about this with the judges, you guys here voted on the entries as well.
Oh, and I do care. That's why I posted here in the first place

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: WretchedSid] #415075
01/13/13 16:08
01/13/13 16:08
netherlands
Realspawn Offline

Expert
Realspawn  Offline

Expert

netherlands
it's almost real life here laugh

It does not matter what you say it's how you say it and
with that i rest my case laugh

Also i noticed a gave a full reply to some of the statements made and non seem to have read it.

and reading is also important kids grin

Find all my tutorials & Workshops at : www.rp-interactive.nl

Creativity starts in the brain
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: Realspawn] #415101
01/13/13 20:29
01/13/13 20:29
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Quote:
Telling a person that HE (person himself, not his project) doesn't deserve to take part in this contest isn't rude?

3run, thanks for the clarification. I've read through the post in question again - I believe we're talking this sentence?

Quote:
To be honest, I don't even think that you deserved to take part in this contest to begin with (let alone even win it).

And I can see what you mean, I believe. It's not exactly clear from this what JustSid meant exactly. You can read it as you did, in which case it'd actually be a personal attack. The way I read it (and given the other replies, the way I believe JustSid also meant it) was in the context of this one entry, that is to say as "I don't even think that your game deserved to take part in this contest to begin with".

So, all things considered, if JustSid had meant it as you read that sentence, then I'd agree with you. Since he hasn't (according to his later clarification), I stand by what I said.

Again, thanks for clarifying. It happens too often that people just angrily storm out and misconceptions like that are never cleared up!

~ ~ ~ ~

Realspawn,

You know, I don't argue that you should hand back the prize, or whatever. Though if we're being picky - it is in violation of both rules that are in place:

Quote:

By submitting your application(s) you declare that:
- You have created all the submitted content, or you have the right to use it and distribute it freely;
- The content can be given freely to all the engine users and / or made available for free at Conitec's websites.

But you know what, fine, whatever. I don't mind you winning this.
What I do mind, however, is your absolute refusal to realize the implications of your actions.
The one sentence that comes closest to an apology or to admitting that you've made a mistake is:

Quote:
I agreed on the fact that it perhaps should not have been done by me

And, come one.
You perhaps should not have done that?

No. Please.
You definitely shouldn't have done that.
An apology would go a long way.
And immediatly following that up with "I bet others have done it too!" is also not really helping with the impression that, well, you just don't care that you've stolen content, since you got away with it.

It's a shame. Who knows. Maybe part of the reason why I'm so upset is that I'm so surprised that you - someone who's been around for such a long time - would do such a stupid mistake.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: 3run] #415166
01/14/13 16:32
01/14/13 16:32
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
lostclimate@ and Uhrwerk@ Telling a person that HE (person himself, not his project) doesn't deserve to take part in this contest isn't rude?
Seriously, you are probably blind, or don't really want to see what I'm saying, but my point is pretty clear, yeah, but as always, who cares..

It's not rude if the person legitimately cheated. People love lance armstrong, but they still called him out on it. Cheating is unfair and needs to be pointed out, even if you still care about the person who did.

Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: lostclimate] #415169
01/14/13 17:15
01/14/13 17:15
netherlands
Realspawn Offline

Expert
Realspawn  Offline

Expert

netherlands
i wonder why people go talking about this after the contest is done.
Anyone had enough time to speak their mind and vote. Heelx did. So the winners
are chosen and the whining kids starts......

Don't you guys have anything better to do ?

Last edited by Realspawn; 01/14/13 17:16.

Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: Realspawn] #415173
01/14/13 17:56
01/14/13 17:56
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Why are you getting so offended? and calling us whining kids. I happened to not even care about these contests really, I was just interested in the results and the fact that 3run was acting like it was a personal insult rather than an issue of fairness seemed wrong to me. Are you really going to be offended by honesty? I'd guess that since this topic has come up your probably already never going to risk using copyrighted info in your projects for these contests again, so wasn't it effective as well, whether you agree with the winning of the software or not?

Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: lostclimate] #415175
01/14/13 18:37
01/14/13 18:37
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Originally Posted By: lostclimate
3run was acting like it was a personal insult rather than an issue of fairness
lostclimate@ You are the one, who didn't get a damn fuck from my words! The only one, who got my point right, is Error014. I didn't say a thing about that the Realspawn used copyrighted stuff! I talked about the way, how JustSid talked about this, by showing his angry attitude. And as I was the one, who had a private conversation with him, I pretty know his negative attitude towards the Realspawn. And his last post, doesn't really mean a thing to me.

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: Realspawn] #415176
01/14/13 18:52
01/14/13 18:52
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

Originally Posted By: Realspawn
i wonder why people go talking about this after the contest is done. [..] So the winners are chosen and the whining kids starts...... Don't you guys have anything better to do?

Realspawn, the free communication of ideas and opinions is the right of any of us. Some of the posts here surely test the limits of conventional discourse, because some users seem to be emotionally charged about the whole topic. Attempting to achieve equality among all contestants, your entry should have been rejected in my opinion as well. I stressed already that you infringed some copyright. The reason why people started flaming you is because you looked like you didn't care.

The three reasons why I think it is still OK that you have won, is because 1.) George decided that you were allowed to take part of this contest, 2.) the most users voted for your game and 3.) and ultimately, Conitec granted you the prize. Even though it feels quiet embarassing, it is in all objectivity OK that you have won.

So, if it was wrong in the eyes of so many of us, whose fault is it then?

Is it George's fault, because he didn't checked the entries enough? Is it the community's fault, because apparently no one was interested too much, because if they were, they would have mentioned this before like me?! Or is it JCLs fault, because he granted the prize although he might have known the doubts represented here?

It is apparently your fault that you have broken the rules of the contest in the first place. Don't deny it, it is very obvious and you shouldn't be offended if someone points that out. Even if it was hard work to make that game, it was still a crappy move you did. I wonder why you didn't made some music and spoke the text of that ripped video by yourself, that were so simple.

@Others: Please calm down and please participate in the next contest with the same honesty and enthusiam you showed here while flaming Realspawn. And please check the games before the contest is over wink

Last edited by HeelX; 01/14/13 18:54.
Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: HeelX] #415177
01/14/13 19:06
01/14/13 19:06
netherlands
Realspawn Offline

Expert
Realspawn  Offline

Expert

netherlands
i never denied anything that's the point laugh

and the offended part for me i stated before.

Point is i never thought that it would be a problem dum thinking of me ? well yeah but it happens i am an impulsive
dude and so is when i create stuff. I don't think i won because i used voice clips and startrek music.

Last edited by Realspawn; 01/14/13 19:09.

Re: Winter 2012 contest entries uploaded - let's vote! [Re: 3run] #415180
01/14/13 19:12
01/14/13 19:12
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Originally Posted By: lostclimate
3run was acting like it was a personal insult rather than an issue of fairness
lostclimate@ You are the one, who didn't get a damn fuck from my words! The only one, who got my point right, is Error014. I didn't say a thing about that the Realspawn used copyrighted stuff! I talked about the way, how JustSid talked about this, by showing his angry attitude. And as I was the one, who had a private conversation with him, I pretty know his negative attitude towards the Realspawn. And his last post, doesn't really mean a thing to me.
I know your not acknowledging his "copyright stuff" thats my point. Justsids issue was not meant negatively or as a bad attitude, but as his honest view of what should be fair in black and white (or whatever your browser settings set to laugh ) in the rules. Why are you so offended?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de