by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,103 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: This means war! A secret poll on games. [Re: Toast] #420712
04/01/13 13:48
04/01/13 13:48
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
Actually most people seem to play those games in third person, while The first person perspective is one of the things I totally enjoy in these games. I usually play my way through the main quest and then start working on all those side quests which is when both oblivion and skyrim really shine. There is so much to find and see and so many different shorter and longer stories.
I also really enjoyed the crazy world of oblivions shivering isles addon as well as the feeling of seeing the updated morrowind architectures in skyrims dragonborn addon, which isn't perfect but added some pretty cool new settings and quests.
I btw didn't enjoy oblivion for quite some time until I just played it for a couple of days nearly nonstop exploring different guilds and quests and everything.

As you error, I too do enjoy linear games with a strong story usually the most, which is why my absolute favorite games are heavy rain, Fahrenheit and penumbra, but Lately I also liked far cry 3 a lot, just focussing on the story.

Re: This means war! A secret poll on games. [Re: Toast] #420718
04/01/13 20:26
04/01/13 20:26
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

Originally Posted By: Slin
Actually most people seem to play those games in third person
Count me into that group. It is pretty cool to customize your character and see it running around in such a big world. You also have a better sense how you relate to space and you can see the wolves coming before they bite you wink

Originally Posted By: Toast
The thing is that you don't want to fight in the 3rd person view
I see your point, but since neither game has a proper hitbox system, it is pretty useless to shoot a magic ball (or an arrow) to the head, stomach or.. to the knee grin

I think that is why Fallout 3 was so outstanding, even more than the Elder Scrolls games: it combined both worlds (3rd person and 1st person) very well by letting the player decide if he/she wants to shoot/fight in realtime or with V.A.T.S. --- I played it on the PS3 and it was a blast smile

Re: This means war! A secret poll on games. [Re: HeelX] #420727
04/02/13 06:28
04/02/13 06:28
germany
gri Offline
Serious User
gri  Offline
Serious User

germany

I did a few steps in Oblivion. And the possibility to ride horses are great.

But I prefered Gothic. Even Gothic 3 was a bit buggy. I like a dirty world grin

"Make a great game or kill it early" (Bruce Shelley, Ensemble Studios)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de