Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AbrahamR, 7th_zorro, dr_panther, 1 invisible), 702 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space #422341
05/07/13 19:00
05/07/13 19:00
8 Images
Germany
preacherX Offline OP
Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space

Become a part in the strangest war galaxies have seen!

It's an epic war between cats and aliens and their fight for... MICE!

WHAT??? Yeah, it's correct, they're fighting for mice.

One day aliens had stolen all mice from Earth and are using them for cruel experiments...
The cats cannot allow that cause the mice are their beloved prey animal number one and so it comes to a war in space between the fleets of the cats and aliens!

- help the cats rescuing the mice

- use many different ships like the...
... CATBOX-BOMBER which uses radioacitve kitty litter !
... SCOUT which shoots acid milk !
... FISHBONE which shoots with explosive... FISHBONES !
... BALL OF YARN to defense important areas !

- defend your base and destroy enemies base to win

- Voice-acting of true cats !!!

There still many things missing in the game like more cats and the alien characters,
but it should be enough for a first impression!

You can find a video and some other pictures here:
STEAM GREENLIGHT!

I hope you like it, stay tuned for some updates! wink
12 Comments
Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: WretchedSid] #428498
08/28/13 21:03
08/28/13 21:03
Germany
preacherX Offline OP
preacherX  Offline OP

Germany
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

At the last campaign at Indiegogo I tried it with a "serious" way. There was no cat in my video, no colourful pictures and in the video I gave my best
to motivate people to spend for it... What was the result?
After 60 days I had 100€ (means nothing cause the goal were not reached)!

Okay, you're right, I'm really not the marketing pro but I think you must do something special which sets you apart from other projects / games.
Look for example at "Plants VS. Zombies".
Who was this freak who had such an idea? But as we all know it was a huge success. Or let me take my last game, Starlaxis. It had a very normal story: Some heroes had to rescue Earth. There was nothing special about it and I think this could be the reason for it's failure. For that game I also had a publisher but it brought nothing...

Anyway, maybe someone who can sell the game better than me will see it at the campaign and says hello! wink

Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: preacherX] #428501
08/28/13 22:17
08/28/13 22:17
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: preacherX
Okay, you're right, I'm really not the marketing pro but I think you must do something special which sets you apart from other projects / games.

Sure thing, but that something special should align with your target audience, not with the target audiences creepy catlady. I think cats can be a good gimmick, but you are just trying too hard there. Mix the cats with actual content. It's a balance between being cool and serious, and Plants vs. Zombies pulled that off perfectly. Just look at their marketing and compare it to yours, they didn't just went "oh, we have plants. That's gotta be a cool gimmick and sell shit on its own, right?", they made an art out of selling you plants and zombies.

Everyone can think of a cool idea and a cool gimmick, but that alone won't sell. You should consider redoing your campaign, get someone to help you from the outside. Get your target audience straight, look at what they want, and then sell your game as exactly that...

Originally Posted By: preacherX
Anyway, maybe someone who can sell the game better than me will see it at the campaign and says hello! wink

... Or, you know, you can stick to this attitude and have a second failed kickstarter. Seriously, the world doesn't owe you shit. If you want something, go and get it, instead of waiting for others to come to you.
Seriously, you aren't a jack of all trades, and that's fine and there is nothing wrong with it. But in that case, get someone to help you out, instead of pretending to be a jack of all trades.

Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: WretchedSid] #428576
08/30/13 07:28
08/30/13 07:28
Germany
preacherX Offline OP
preacherX  Offline OP

Germany
Thanks again for your clues!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de