Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Akow, tomaslolo), 738 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Re: Tree Creator MED Plugin [Re: EX Citer] #42585
03/22/05 21:26
03/22/05 21:26
A
AndreWeiss Offline OP
AndreWeiss  Offline OP
A

@ ex citer:
i already mensioned the problem with the faces inside, but i will repeat it far you:
by skinning a triangle it is important which vertex is the first, second, third. using my algorism i had the problem, that some triangles wered skined on the inside , not on the outside, where the skin should be. so i tried to change the algorism, but couldn`t really fix the problem. so i just skined the tree on both sides to solve it. i know it is not perfect, but if anyone has worked with the plugin sdk, help me with it.
greetings
andré

Re: Tree Creator MED Plugin [Re: AndreWeiss] #42586
03/23/05 21:39
03/23/05 21:39
Wlad Offline

Conitec
Wlad  Offline

Conitec

Super Plugin, bei mir funktioniert ohne Problem.

Quote:

by skinning a triangle it is important which vertex is the first, second,
third. using my algorism i had the problem, that some triangles
wered skined on the inside , not on the outside

Reienfolge der Skinpoints, ist für Skinmapping ohne bedeutung. Bedeutend ist dagegen Vertices-Ordnung. Also, wenn die Vertices im Uhrzeigersinn geordnet sind (aus Camera-Position zu sehen) das ist Frontface. MED texturiert nur die Frontfaces, Backfaces werden "solid" gezeichnet.

Noch, MED Versions Info:
Mit MED v6.154 bis v6.252 'Tree Creator' soll laufen.
MED (Beta) v6.5 bis v6.61 wird 'Tree Creator' zwar geladen, bleibt aber ohne Funktion.
Ab MED (Beta) v6.62 funktioniert wieder.

Re: Tree Creator MED Plugin [Re: Wlad] #42587
03/24/05 01:51
03/24/05 01:51
Hessen, Germany
T
Tempelbauer Offline
Expert
Tempelbauer  Offline
Expert
T

Hessen, Germany
Ich hab das Plugin in den angegebenen Ordner geschoben (readme-Datei), aber nirgends finde ich ihn in MED

Habe MED 6.24

Was stimmt denn da nicht?

Re: Tree Creator MED Plugin [Re: Wlad] #42588
03/27/05 00:20
03/27/05 00:20
A
AndreWeiss Offline OP
AndreWeiss  Offline OP
A

hi@all,

so ich hab hier die neuste version meines plugins. nun ohne sinnlose faces und texturen auf der innenseite und mit einstellbarer vertex-anzahl. außerdem hab ich noch einen kleinen fehler bei der twig-erstellung behoben, der bis jetzt wohl niemanden stoerte...
http://www.gwebspace.de/andreweiss/TreeCreatorDll.zip
hier auch meine baeume, nun mit extrem reduzierter vertex anzahl
http://www.gwebspace.de/andreweiss/Trees.zip
und zu guterletzt der sourcecode, vielleicht findet ja jemand noch fehler oder verbesserungen...
http://www.gwebspace.de/andreweiss/TreeCreatorSourceCode.zip
ich habe außerdem mit den entwicklern gesprochen und sie arbeiten daran, dass mein plugin bald auch auf allen systemen laeuft. danke im voraus
mfg
andré

up above you find the newest and i would say final version of my plugin. now without unused faces and textures on the inside and scaleable vertex number.
you will also find the sourcecode and a newer version of my generated trees.
have fun with it.
i also talked to the developer and they said they are working on the problem, that the plugin doesn`t run on every system.

Re: Tree Creator MED Plugin [Re: AndreWeiss] #42589
06/14/05 08:04
06/14/05 08:04
aaaabcv Offline
aaaabcv  Offline

Hi, i think i fugured out what causes the plugin not to work on many systems. I'm not sure if the plugin i have is the latest (March, 26th 2005), but maybe the problem is still the same:

When you use the depencency walker to examine the plugin you'll see that the plugin uses the debug versions of MFC 4.2 and VC runtime (namely mfc42d.dll and msvcrtd.dll in the Windows\system32 directory).
These debug files usually are only on systems with Visual C++ 6.0 installed to allow debugging of developed applications. If these files are not found you'll get no error, but the Plugin DLL won't load.
To solve the problem, when compiling you'll have to set the "Release" Build option to link to the release version of MFC and VC Runtime, which are commonly preinstalled on most systems. If not, they are at least redistributables which can be obrained by Microsoft (for free of course).
For the meanwhile, the Plugin will only work for people which have Visual C++ 6.0 installed (or an application that distributed the debug dlls although thea are not considered redistributable...)

Hope this info helps you to solve the problem.

Re: Tree Creator MED Plugin [Re: aaaabcv] #42590
06/14/05 17:40
06/14/05 17:40
A
AndreWeiss Offline OP
AndreWeiss  Offline OP
A

Hi@all,
at first I want to thank aaaabcv for his help. I already guessed that MFC could cause the problem but I didn`t realy know what exactly. I also tried to compile the plugins as he described, but it didn't work.
But what everyone who wants to use my plugins simply needs to do is to download the mfc42d.dll and move it to the system32 folder of your windows installation. Here the link where you can find the dll:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mfc42d

Hallo zusammen,
mit der Hilfe von aaaabcv habe ich nun entdeckt, wo der Fehler steckte. Wer meine Plugins benutzen moechte, benoetigt die Datei mfc42d.dll in seinem system32 Verzeichnis der Windows Installation. Ueber den Link oben kommt ihr auf eine Seite zum download der Datei.

Re: Tree Creator MED Plugin [Re: AndreWeiss] #42591
06/17/05 14:46
06/17/05 14:46
Germany => Bavaria => Unterfra...
LordRathan Offline
User
LordRathan  Offline
User

Germany => Bavaria => Unterfra...
Hi, Andre.

Mir ist aufgefallen, dass beim Stamm scheinbar die Polygone in eine falsche Richtung gedreht sind. Der Stamm ist innen Texturiert.

Re: Tree Creator MED Plugin [Re: LordRathan] #42592
06/17/05 16:33
06/17/05 16:33
A
AndreWeiss Offline OP
AndreWeiss  Offline OP
A

Hallo Lord Rathan,
habe grade sowohl in der alten als auch in der neusten Beta Version des MED getestet ob sich der von dir beschriebene Fehler eingeschlichen hat. Aber bei mir funktioniert es ohne Probleme. Vielleicht hast du eine aeltere Version des Plugins, bei dem sowohl innen als auch außen alles texturiert wurde.. Hat ganz schoen an den Resourcen genagt. Falls es nicht daran liegt kannst mich einfach per ICQ anschreiben und einfach mal einen von dir erstellten Baum an mich schicken.
Gruß
André W.

Re: Tree Creator MED Plugin [Re: AndreWeiss] #42593
06/17/05 18:52
06/17/05 18:52
Hamburg, Germany / Springfield...
Andreas C Offline
Andreas C  Offline

Hamburg, Germany / Springfield...
Hi André,

erst einmal vielen Dank für das Plug-In. Die Bäume sehen gut aus.

Ich habe die neueste Version heruntergeladen, auch die MFC42D.DLL geholt und entsprechend der Anleitung installiert. Leider sehe ich Dein Plug-In nicht in MED.

WinXP(Home) SP2, 3DGS PRO (neueste Version 6.31.4 / MED 6.24).

Gruß,
Andreas

Re: Tree Creator MED Plugin [Re: Andreas C] #42594
06/17/05 20:17
06/17/05 20:17
A
AndreWeiss Offline OP
AndreWeiss  Offline OP
A

Und auf ein neues.. Warum sollt es auch immer sofort klappen.. Aber dann soll mich Microsoft halt verklagen.. ich werde nun die funktionierende MFC Dll den Plugins hinzufuegen.

@all: The linked Dll does, of course, not work with my plugins. So I will add my working MFC Dll to zip-files. Sorry that I didn't test the linked version..

Thanks to Andreas C for the hint..

[CHANGED] Here the link to the download-page (Sorry cannot link them directly):
[CHANGED] http://www.free-webspace.biz/andreweiss/carCreator.html
[CHANGED] http://www.free-webspace.biz/andreweiss/treeCreator.html

Greetings
André W.

Last edited by AndreWeiss; 06/18/05 08:06.
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de