Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AbrahamR, 1 invisible), 858 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: FACTORS flag [Re: 3DCat] #427557
08/09/13 12:37
08/09/13 12:37
D
dusktrader Offline
User
dusktrader  Offline
User
D

You should be able to download data through the Download script using your Mac emulator. Why do you say it doesn't work?

Also, you can simply copy the .bar files from Windows to Mac if that helps. There is a default set and more you can download right from this website (including EURUSD all the way back to 2002)

SelectionBias... I personally think there is no way to avoid it on some level. It is not "bad" in my opinion, unless you are trying to build some strategy logic that works for everything and can hit the ground running. In other words, to me at least, that seems a bit unlikely. I'd rather choose SOME of the characteristics of the assets to be traded (for example, I might not trade EURDKK which has low history, low volume and jumpy volatility).

I could be wrong about this, but I think the FACTORS flag is only useful if you are somehow using OptimalF calculations in your script (FACTORS just tells Zorro to calculate OptimalF for each asset during training). The intent of using those factors, as I understand, is for trade weighting purposes (ie, in a basket portfolio of assets, allow a specific factor of margin to be given to a particular Asset/Algo/Direction combination)

As always, let me know if you disagree or see anything a different way!

PS: I read somewhere in the manual that if you do utilize OptimalF in your script, but don't turn on the FACTORS flag... then all factors are set to 1 (ie, equal weight)

Re: FACTORS flag [Re: dusktrader] #427563
08/09/13 13:58
08/09/13 13:58
3DCat Offline OP
3DCat  Offline OP

The Broker DLLs don't work with the Emulator. But thats ok, because i have Windows also- and a VM.

Whats the most interesting thing about Zorro is being creative and develop scripts:) Its nice to learn how it works - and how to not overfit a strategy is one of the more difficult parts i guess.

And yes - of course i have some OptimalF calculations in my script:) otherwise they would be pretty useless!

Youre right about the OptF Values being set to 1 when FACTORS is not set.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Petra 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de