by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (7th_zorro, Aku_Aku, henrybane, flink, 1 invisible), 744 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Ch40zzC0d3r] #426948
07/31/13 14:44
07/31/13 14:44
Germany
C
Ch40zzC0d3r Offline
Serious User
Ch40zzC0d3r  Offline
Serious User
C

Germany
Just got everything working, I should look better through the code -.-
However, Ive got a poblem when my bots should walk upstairs on a house.
If my character stands too near on the edge on the roof, the bot cant find any path to get near me frown
I tried adjusting AgentMaxSlope and AgentMaxClimb, but the problem wont solve...
Im using peragro_findpath with the position of my bot and character.

Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Ch40zzC0d3r] #427131
08/02/13 15:27
08/02/13 15:27
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
The dat files are manualy saved after you commenced a succesfull build you may save it out all at once or only single tiles if you need...

After its saved you dont need to do a build(with build all tiles) you only need to init the build with build all tiles =0 and load the tiles from file , all after filling the built list .. I actualy have to work on
fixing it to use empty build lists..

Edit : on second thought controllable detour crowd agent as a player wil irradicate this problem and adding a function to keep any object on the navmesh surface would also work ..but thats for another time

I may be wrong but i think your problem may
be that your caracter is standing off of the navmesh tiles because the border area on the edges do not go right up to the ledge it gets shrunk to accomidate the radius of max agent setting to keep paths away from obstructions so your agents cant get stuck ...so you may have the option of preventing your caracter from going off of the navmesh tiles border by using invisible walls or else find closest point on the navmesh from players position and use for target .. If you could upload i could look into it a bit more but cannot promise you much in the speed of my reply..thanks and good luck

Last edited by Wjbender; 08/02/13 15:35.

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #427720
08/12/13 17:33
08/12/13 17:33
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
small update + few examples (download on page1)

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #435318
01/06/14 09:18
01/06/14 09:18
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
hey,

has anybody experienced with this package?
I'm just testing it again, and planning to use it in my editor to make a near future game, but I don't know whether it features agent avoidance or not. it would be important laugh

thanks.

answer: no.

Last edited by sivan; 01/15/14 12:25.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: sivan] #436547
01/28/14 20:58
01/28/14 20:58
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
answer :
were busy adding the crowd functions but my projects , here and at esenthel engine are on backup and hold , for the time being i do not have a computer to work with , besides there is not much of a reason to continue this project .

i would like to focus on something fun for a while like a 2d game or such .

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #436549
01/28/14 21:28
01/28/14 21:28
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
thanks. I know you stopped it, I just started to deal with your plugin again to use it in some simple little games because of its flexibility, and because it is interesting (= I'm checking the source too).
maybe I will add a player editor to my editor, beside my ever-lasting strategy game development (having significant performance issues), but no exact plans... some kind of 3rd person game with some AI enemies acting in groups...

Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: sivan] #436579
01/29/14 09:08
01/29/14 09:08
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
my project is not completely stopped , the last thing i was planning is to do better debug display for the meshes , to develope a file format for saving all the settings and data needed so it all could be loaded up by a single function wich would take away the list filling process at each start ( this is where the editor would have to be the main tool for this plugin ) but i had thoughts of putting the editor inside a wed plugin wich would req me to learn the wed plugin system and it seems overcomplicated , i could not decide if i wanted my editor as a wed plugin or a seperate tool and thought about other engines to use for my editor but that would have needed an extra step in the process to go from gs level data to my editor .. so anyway i left the project on hold while focusing on exploring esenthel engine with some game/tool ideas , but a while back i sold my rig so all of my projects are on hold until i buy another pc .

there are some things about this project in code that i do not like especialy the list at the start , most of wich i would have corrected with a editor , without a nice file format to save and load everything its just ugly in my eyes , the second biggest issue is to go from single threads towards the thread pool to build like 8 tiles with 8 threads together at once wich will speed things up dramaticly , i was busy developing a thread pool for that , uhmmm then there was the idea of using lower lod or convex hulls either from physics or self generated to use as the input geometry for the navmesheshing wich will also speed things up alot!

there are alot of other features with the navmesh too that i did not include yet .

the other thing was to add a user controllable crowd agend so that the player will be kept on the navmesh and be avoided by other agends (not to big of a deal to do) .

and then i also wanted to add a feature wich splits the world in segments (boxes) wich could be set to update on thread pools every certain timed amound or by a certain criterea or command ..

all of wich would make it suited for large scale games.

any way you are free to jump into it and do as you please .

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #436581
01/29/14 09:42
01/29/14 09:42
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
thanks for the details. yeah without a pc it is hard to develop anything... esenthel 1.0 is great but if you need custom shaders, you can get in trouble immediately (can't buy headers any more)... and 2.0 costs some money (nearly the same trouble with custom shaders).

imo the current debug view is usable. and the startup is fast enough when it is presaved. some kind of collision avoidance is important, probably I'll check that crowd part (but there are simple workarounds I'm sure in case of low agent count). I also think of some tests with PhysX movement, but the standard 3DGS also can work.

I'm not planning to make a game with a large scale scene, it would require some advanced engine features (what esenthel/cryengine/udk has), or better programming skills of me.

what I don't know: what Recast/Detour source files you modified?

Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: sivan] #436588
01/29/14 13:42
01/29/14 13:42
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
mm yes there would be simple work arounds , ofcourse if you study the crowd example code of detour wich i am sure you could find if you ask at mikko's recast google discussion page and you will find
it is really easy to work with .

uhm changes i made , i am not 100% sure but i remember i changed a unsupported or something qsort function into one my c++ accepted (i cannot remember if it is still like that ) and the other things i have done was like commented out some includes like debug draw files etc basicly i remarked that i changed files because simply adding a comment somewhere could perhaps qualify as a "change" , i never changed anything critical like core code so you dont need to worry about it being altered but be aware that i cannot redistribute it without the mention that changes were made . i wanted to update all the recast / detour core files again to have all the changes made to it by mikko but i have not gotten so far .. uhm and the other thing i did ,i did not use the standard example (like most do) files but i re-classed and redesigned the classes into my own and i removed the demo chunkytriangle functions and switched to single triangle rasterization (but this is also no problem because this is not core)

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #436589
01/29/14 13:55
01/29/14 13:55
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
thanks. it's quite complex, hopefully I can work with it laugh I want to check Mikko's original stuff too...

Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de