by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba, Quad), 761 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: WretchedSid] #443895
07/27/14 16:51
07/27/14 16:51
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline
Serious User
DLively  Offline
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
Quote:
Finally simple, short and useful answer.

This all depends on how you want to interpret our 'useful help'. If you want someone to program it for you, then request it in the user requests.

and JustSid already gave you the answer btw...

Last edited by DLively; 07/27/14 16:53.

A8 Pro 8.45.4
YouTube: Create Games For Free
Free Resources: www.CGForFree.com
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: DLively] #443901
07/27/14 19:41
07/27/14 19:41
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline
User
Emre  Offline
User

Turkey, Izmir
You guys are so rude.. and acting like a child. Seriously.. Clearly, LawnmowerMan is beginner and he need your help. All he need is formula&function. If you don't want to help that guy, just don't do it. No one is forcing you.

Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: Emre] #443904
07/27/14 20:25
07/27/14 20:25
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Originally Posted By: Emre
If you don't want to help that guy, just don't do it. No one is forcing you.
Thats exactly what I was telling to that small prick (wretched Sid tongue ) in another thread. Just ignore those threads/contributions/posts that you don't like guys! No one forces you to suck someone's 'finger', unless you are up to it by yourselves (as you dumb asses usually are). Stop making this community rude and useless by your 'pathetic' posts.

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: Emre] #443905
07/27/14 20:26
07/27/14 20:26
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Sorry, but after 4 years with Gamestudio, he is no beginner anymore.
And even if he were, what's that supposed to mean? "Oh, he is a beginner, he doesn't have to learn, let's just give him code to copy and paste".

Contrary to the popular opinion, I don't mind answering beginner questions. What I do have a problem with however is people who don't seem to be interest at all in learning, but who just want to get their code.

So, why the fuck do I have a problem with that and you can cry me a river over how rude I am?
1) They don't contribute back. They can't, because they don't understand the things they were fed.
2) Turns out, programming really is about identifying a problem and taking all your previous knowledge to come up with a new solution tailored towards the problem. That's why understanding is so important, and why just throwing code at people won't help anyone.

Of course, you need a basic fundamental understanding of things. Program flow, how expressions work, stuff like boolean algebra, bit arithmetic, helps to know what a float and an int is and what distinguishes them. Stuff like that. I'm more than happy to explain these things if the asker seems to be genuinely interested in learning.

Then, there is problems with solving a problem. This isn't fundamental anymore, this is "hey, I'm stuck, here is my problem". If someone asks for pointers into the right direction so they can do their own research and eventually come up with their own solution: No problem whatsoever, I'm more than happy to help. And also to elaborate on things and the whys.

So, tl:dr: I wish I had a Euro for every time someone cried because a beginner was treated rudely.

Edit: Damn 3run, what a sick burn. Looks like I have to and go cry myself to sleep tonight.

Last edited by WretchedSid; 07/28/14 13:04.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: WretchedSid] #443906
07/27/14 20:31
07/27/14 20:31
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Guys chill pls.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: WretchedSid] #443908
07/27/14 20:33
07/27/14 20:33
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Originally Posted By: JustSid
Edit: Damn 3run, what a sick burn. Looks like I have to and go cry myself to sleep tonight.
I hope you'll be all right.. you can live with that, you know? As we (community) do live with such member like you (narcissus) around wink
Originally Posted By: Superku
Guys chill pls.
You are right man. This will be my last message towards my lovely friend grin

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: 3run] #443909
07/27/14 20:45
07/27/14 20:45
Bavaria, Germany
Kartoffel Offline
Expert
Kartoffel  Offline
Expert

Bavaria, Germany
...and that's what happens when you take every word Sid says too serious and start arguing with him.

@OP: So, did you manage to solve your problem or are you still having problems finding a solution?

POTATO-MAN saves the day! - Random
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: 3run] #443910
07/27/14 20:54
07/27/14 20:54
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: 3run
You are right man. This will be my last message towards my lovely friend grin

Just ignore it if you just want to flame around and don't want to help. WretchedSid gave a perfectly working answer in his second response, and all you guys are doing is dragging this into off-topic and are rude.

No, but seriously, pinky promise to not respond anymore to what I'm writing? This social justice warrior yadda is getting old, and I don't see you helping anyone either.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: WretchedSid] #443918
07/27/14 22:04
07/27/14 22:04
L
LawnmowerMan Offline OP
LawnmowerMan  Offline OP
L

Well, this is starting to be fun. OK, at least I have to say something for end smile

Mr. DLively. You agre with Mr. Sid. About what?? Did is ask for name of engine function request that I'm looking for someone to write complete code? What you guys talking about? You say that one word "vec_lerp" is that I ask for complete code?
And what you call "useful help". First answer from Mr. Sid is "math", yeah very useful. Second is formula for acceleration for which I had no idea where to use it. Like i say "Hey man, I am not smart like you". I use 3dgs as a hobby because I'm not a programmer and it seems to easiest engine for me. Your help I will not comment. You're here five years longer than me, and I'll bet you have no idea how to make this for what i ask.

Then I have concluded that Mr. Sid just circling around and getting wise. I really do not have time to read his endless texts and chat with him. He does not use 3DGS, but has its own engine, and it's why I can understand that he could not give me an answer regarding vec_lerp functions. Well, maybe he learned something today. But next time Mr. Sid, please let the first people who always helps and who know 3DGS as Superku, 3run or someone else to answer first, beacuse this is not Rayne forum. If you're bored go in Morbius' Virtual Answering Machine, or start making a some A8 game, why not.

I can not believe what happens when a someone normally and politely ask for help in the forum...

Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: LawnmowerMan] #443921
07/27/14 22:41
07/27/14 22:41
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline
User
Emre  Offline
User

Turkey, Izmir
@Sid; I know you are very good programmer and you are smart guy. But also you have a giant arrogance. You're being sarcastic all the time and sometimes you exceeds the limit. You have no right to treat people like that. You have to control yourself. That's what i'm talking about.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de