by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba, Quad), 761 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: WretchedSid] #443950
07/28/14 12:41
07/28/14 12:41
L
LawnmowerMan Offline OP
LawnmowerMan  Offline OP
L

Hey guys I have no idea what you're talking about. For 4 years, I asked a few questions, I always in detail search answer in the forum or AUM, because they are mostly all the answers there. For this what I needed I could not find answer then I purposely asked here in STARTING WITH GAME STUDIO not in ASK DEVELOPERS and not in LITE-C PROGRAMMING, beacuse I am noob, and I was thinking than there is a some smarter beginner who can give me tips. I do not touch your highly intelligent world. Hey I just ask in the forum for beginners. Did I ask someone to write complete code? No! Superku told me for vec_lerp, I thanks him and I continued alone using manual.
As I said I am not a programmer, I am artist, and really I give my best to make a simple code for my mini games. I use 3DGS as a hobby, because there are thousands of free codes and open soruce games for him. Is it a sin?

Quote:
this forum is going to be really empty if the non 3dgs users were no longer here
No, this forum is going to be really empty if someone asks for help, and gets a response like your.

Simply put, if someone knows better programming than me, it does not give him the right to blemish me.

Anyway, Michael thank you a lot for explanation, I will read it again to understand how this code works.

Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: LawnmowerMan] #443951
07/28/14 13:03
07/28/14 13:03
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: LawnmowerMan
Quote:
this forum is going to be really empty if the non 3dgs users were no longer here
No, this forum is going to be really empty if someone asks for help, and gets a response like your.

And nothing of value would be lost.
I mean, come on, you have only asked questions and contributed nothing back to the forum or the users. Stop bitching about people who actually go out of their way and help others.

I'm sorry, but this is getting way too retarded even for me.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: LawnmowerMan] #443952
07/28/14 13:04
07/28/14 13:04
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Hey guys I have no idea what you're talking about. For 4 years, I asked a few questions, I always in detail search answer in the forum or AUM, because they are mostly all the answers there. For this what I needed I could not find answer then I purposely asked here in STARTING WITH GAME STUDIO not in ASK DEVELOPERS and not in LITE-C PROGRAMMING

The point is, you didn't show us that you took the initiative, that you did research, etc. You just posted something akin to "code plox" and that was it. SHOW us that you did research, SHOW us what you reasoning was and why in the end you did not get to where you wanted to go.

I do not touch your highly intelligent world.

Why keep making inflammatory comments if you hate them so much?

Did I ask someone to write complete code? No!

It is heavily implied because you lacked any sort of evidence showing that you had put in effort.

As I said I am not a programmer, I am artist, and really I give my best to make a simple code for my mini games. I use 3DGS as a hobby, because there are thousands of free codes and open soruce games for him. Is it a sin?

If you insist on being an artist, then get someone to program for you. If you don't want that then you need to learn, you can't have it both ways.

Of course it's not a sin to use it as a hobby or to use the thousands of free code snippets available, but again you need to put in some effort if you want to do the programming part on your own.

Again, your question was blatant and lacking any evidence to show work and effort on your part and heavily implied just asking for a working solution. This is frowned upon heavily, it has nothing to do with us, but with the way you asked.

Simply put, if someone knows better programming than me, it does not give him the right to blemish me.

And we did nothing of the sort. Yes, maybe Sidney's heavily sarcastic tone may hurt your feelings if you take it personal, but that is not the point.

Anyway, I hope you get the point. If you ask for help, SHOW your work, SHOW your research, SHOW your reasoning, SHOW your theories, SHOW your thinking, EXPLAIN what it is you want, EXPLAIN why you didn't arrive at the solution.

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: LawnmowerMan] #443953
07/28/14 13:05
07/28/14 13:05
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline
User
Emre  Offline
User

Turkey, Izmir
LawnmowerMan... just use "ignore this user" button and.. don't waste your time. wink

Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: Emre] #443955
07/28/14 13:15
07/28/14 13:15
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Originally Posted By: Emre
LawnmowerMan... just use "ignore this user" button and.. don't waste your time. wink

If he did that, he'd waste even more time. I don't think you even get the point of the entire discussion.

Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #443957
07/28/14 13:31
07/28/14 13:31
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
The point is that LawnmowerMan got several perfectly good answers starting with the formula posted by Sid (who is mine btw, so fuck off Michael) in the beginning and later by Kartoffel and then even an explanation by Michael and all they got for it was more flaming because LawnmowerMan didn´t even try to understand those answers. Probably because its math...
I could try to explain why Sids formula was already a perfect solution, but I guess I would still only be the asshole that decided to side with the ones having the wrong opinion. As a result I don´t even try to explain.

Seriously guys, Sid is right and didn´t even start all the flaming. If you don´t understand something just ask follow up questions, but at least show everyone that you tried.

Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: Slin] #443959
07/28/14 13:40
07/28/14 13:40
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Originally Posted By: Slin
Sid (who is mine btw, so fuck off Michael)

I guess we'll have to settle this in an old-fashioned duel to the death.

Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #443961
07/28/14 13:41
07/28/14 13:41
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
I got nerfguns!

Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: Slin] #443962
07/28/14 13:45
07/28/14 13:45
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
I have a pocket knife!

Re: Moving camera betwen two vector [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #443965
07/28/14 14:17
07/28/14 14:17
L
LawnmowerMan Offline OP
LawnmowerMan  Offline OP
L

Holy shit! Did you guys drugs together, or Mr. Sid needs lawyers to prove he is not guilty? Then I ask for impartial trial.

Ok, let's move in courtroom

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de