by jcl. 04/20/24 08:38
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 715 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 136 of 142 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 141 142
Re: Us and the Game Industry [Re: Hummel] #444287
08/04/14 23:54
08/04/14 23:54
North America
Redeemer Offline OP
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline OP
Serious User

North America
Rei, if moe is your thing, you need to watch Azumanga Daioh sometime. That show is dope.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Us and the Game Industry [Re: Redeemer] #444507
08/13/14 03:17
08/13/14 03:17
Hummel Offline
Expert
Hummel  Offline
Expert

Re: Us and the Game Industry [Re: Hummel] #444962
08/24/14 04:01
08/24/14 04:01
North America
Redeemer Offline OP
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline OP
Serious User

North America
Zoe Quinn makes me fucking angry. -.-

Re: Us and the Game Industry [Re: Redeemer] #444975
08/24/14 19:05
08/24/14 19:05
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Fuck her and the 5 "journalists". And fuck the SJW who defend her actions.
Corrupt bunch of shits who give an entire industry and social movement a bad name.

Inb4 SJW shitstorm

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Us and the Game Industry [Re: WretchedSid] #444985
08/25/14 03:33
08/25/14 03:33
Hummel Offline
Expert
Hummel  Offline
Expert

@Redeemer: Perhaps you should stay away from 4chan if you so easily adapt to angry people's opinions. What about the "Love and tolerate!" slogan?

(Not to say that an angry crowd is something bad in general.)

Last edited by Hummel; 08/25/14 04:01.
Re: Us and the Game Industry [Re: Hummel] #444988
08/25/14 05:12
08/25/14 05:12
North America
Redeemer Offline OP
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline OP
Serious User

North America
Your disclaimer makes me unsure what the criticism is. But maybe I should assure you that more than whoring, I don't tolerate people who start a controversy with bloody questionable behavior and then get bitchy when they're called out on it.

Whether Zoe Quinn is a whore or not doesn't bother me too much because there are a million whores in the world and I'm not concerned enough with Zoe's whoring in particular to complain about it, but what does irk me is her astounding lack of integrity over the issue.

Like, I dunno, maybe she is actually a whore and she just doesn't have the capacity to accept it?

Last edited by Redeemer; 08/25/14 05:18.

Re: Us and the Game Industry [Re: Redeemer] #444995
08/25/14 10:27
08/25/14 10:27
Hummel Offline
Expert
Hummel  Offline
Expert

Quote:
doesn't bother me too much because there are a million whores in the world
Quote:
but what does irk me is her astounding lack of integrity over the issue.
That's quite arbitrary as there are also millions of those who lack integrity. Like those who loosely propagate tolerance on the one side and on the other support an inherently sexist group which collectively harasses a single woman for living the life she chose. Her private life is none of your business; neither who she sleeps with nor what she personally thinks about her life-style (which is a rather strange thing to criticize anyway). None of it. It's that simple. Really.

So how is she supposed to not having a "lack of integrity over the issue" if the internet is the one who declared it be an issue in the first place?

Being male you can sleep around as much as you like and the common consent is that it increases your reputation. But if you are lacking certain parts it will only make you a cheep "whore".

And even if you don't share those views (which I'm sure you don't/can't), it still doesn't give you the right to judge a person you had never personal contact with, solely on the "facts" provided by your like-minded shitstorm crew.

Quote:
I don't tolerate people who start a controversy with bloody questionable behavior and then get bitchy when they're called out on it.

You pretty much shot yourself in the foot with this one. My post was not objective/constructive but yours is what I call "questionable". No substance. Just read it again:

Quote:
Whether Zoe Quinn is a whore or not doesn't bother me too much because there are a million whores in the world and I'm not concerned enough with Zoe's whoring in particular to complain about it, but what does irk me is her astounding lack of integrity over the issue.

Like, I dunno, maybe she is actually a whore and she just doesn't have the capacity to accept it?

See how you repeatedly use the term "whore" as an implicit insult? On the one side this is typical premature behavior and on the other plainly sexist, considering the undeniable, insane problems associated with prostitution. And if you don't consider sexism to be "questionable", I srsly don't see how I could ever have a chance to change your mindset just in the slightest. Which would be unfortunate, because that's why I invest the time to formulate and write down my thoughts in the first place. laugh

Now get back to making games (games in which you put your heart's blood and for which you don't want to be judged by anyone(probably); yes, yes, I'll stop already...but gosh, this is really bothering me frown ).

Originally Posted By: you
Your disclaimer makes me unsure what the criticism is.
Originally Posted By: me
(Not to say that an angry crowd is something bad in general.)
What I had in mind was f.i. the rightly pissed mob in Ferguson.

Last edited by Hummel; 08/25/14 11:08.
Re: Us and the Game Industry [Re: Hummel] #444999
08/25/14 16:55
08/25/14 16:55
North America
Redeemer Offline OP
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline OP
Serious User

North America
I think the fundamental issue you have with me is that I seem to enjoy reading about and contributing to the misfortunes of other people on the internet. That however is not the case. As a matter of fact, I'm actually sick at this point of the "Quinnspiracy" and have tuned out 4chan until the rest of the issue blows over.

Nonetheless, my opinion of Zoe Quinn stays the same. Maybe it's unfortunate to her that she had to be exposed in this way, but now that her personal life has been exposed like this I still don't like what I've read about her. And there's nothing sexist about that.
Quote:
Being male you can sleep around as much as you like and the common consent is that it increases your reputation.

I strongly disagree with this "perception." The biggest sex american sex scandals in my recent memory involve Bill Clinton and Tiger Woods, both of which are male.

Having said that, I did not judge Zoe Quinn the minute I heard about her and the controversy in general. Plenty of people get targeted on a fairly arbitrary basis everyday to face the collective wrath of the internet and I'm not the one who decides who gets to be a victim of that. Regardless, I did not judge her negatively just because everyone else already decided she's a slut. There are plenty of cases I can bring up where people were targeted like this and I didn't agree with the way the person was being victimized. Do you want me to name names or not?

Quote:
So how is she supposed to not having a "lack of integrity over the issue" if the internet is the one who declared it be an issue in the first place?

I'm the one who's declared it an issue now based on what I've read about her, both from things she's posted herself and things people have posted about her (taking into consideration what proof exists, how much they seem to know her, etc.)

Regardless of whether the allegations against her are true are not (which isn't something I want to get into - I believe it, though) the way she's handled the situation is what I don't like. It's sad to her that her life had to be exposed like this, but at this point, if she is a slut she should own up to it and stop trying to protect her own interests. She's already in the public eye and has nothing to gain by maintaining her current position.

If she isn't a slut, then she should use the same strategy victims of libel use, that is, remaining calm and sticking to the truth.

I'd have been way less inclined to judge her negatively or pay any attention to the "conspiracy" in the first place if it were clear she were handling it like that - and again, I can name examples of people who *have* handled it like that, and whom I *have* ignored because of it. So I'm sorry I don't accept your criticism for making an exception over her.

Re: Us and the Game Industry [Re: Redeemer] #445000
08/25/14 17:25
08/25/14 17:25
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
I don't think anyone really gives two fucks about who she slept with. What really rubs me in all the wrong ways is that she slept with guys for the sole purpose of boosting her career and game, and that's a taboo for both women and men. It also makes her a whore, same as it would make a man a whore. Apparently you find that derogatory, imho it's just a matter of fact and how you judge that is up to you.

I guess that makes it clear what side of the "conspiracy" theories I'm on.

Edit: To clarify before anyone wants to butcher me: The original "quinspiracy" video was a lot of bullshit. I'm not against feminism or mental illness nor against bringing up these topics in gaming, truth is, I'm actually really liking Depression Quest. She does get some undeserved flack from a lot of people right now, but not everything that is thrown at her is without merit.

Edit2: Also, Vivian is cute.

Last edited by WretchedSid; 08/25/14 17:56.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: Us and the Game Industry [Re: WretchedSid] #445005
08/26/14 01:00
08/26/14 01:00
Hummel Offline
Expert
Hummel  Offline
Expert

Quote:
What really rubs me in all the wrong ways is that she slept with guys for the sole purpose of boosting her career and game
How do you know that this was the sole purpose? Guilty unless proven innocent?
Besides, this is a general problem and instead of motivating a general discussion you prefer to project your anger on a single individual which is in no way constructive.

Page 136 of 142 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 141 142

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de