by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (vicknick), 1,316 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Looking for a mentor #449835
04/01/15 11:53
04/01/15 11:53
UK/
F
france Offline OP
france  Offline OP
F

UK/
Hello traders.

I have been into trading on/off for around 3 years. I started systematic trading after losing most of my money by giving control of my account to my mentors/guru. Once I realized their trades were a total disaster was already too late: margin call.
That was my first tough lesson into trading, it really taught me two important things:

- gain knowledge
- being an independent thinker

After that period I started to code in MQL on Metatrader following most of the teachings in Tomasini's book.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trading-Systems ... 1905641796
I quickly discovered that Metatrader 4 was plently of limitations and that I needed to design strategies using a different platform.

To cut a long story short. I would like to get in touch with traders that could help me to point the right direction. I am in my early thirties and I would like to give a sense to all these sacrifices I made during this time. I was planning on taking courses at Universities but I got to say that what I really need apart studying each specific topic is to receive some guidance from somebody who does this as profession.

I am wondering if somebody is willing to give me some lessons on Skype. I would like help to build a plan to be more focused in the areas to research.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards.

P.S: my email contact: difenpmarketing@gmail.com

Re: Looking for a mentor [Re: france] #449837
04/01/15 12:23
04/01/15 12:23
Milano, Italy
M
MatPed Offline
User
MatPed  Offline
User
M

Milano, Italy
I will not be your teacher. I do not have the required knowledge, but I can welcome you!

Ciao

Re: Looking for a mentor [Re: MatPed] #449841
04/01/15 13:01
04/01/15 13:01
UK/
F
france Offline OP
france  Offline OP
F

UK/
Thank you Mat, I appreciate it.

Re: Looking for a mentor [Re: france] #449842
04/01/15 13:18
04/01/15 13:18
R
royal Offline
royal  Offline
R

Maybe Asirikuy is the thing you are looking for. (no promotion, can delete the post if desired)

Re: Looking for a mentor [Re: royal] #449888
04/01/15 21:47
04/01/15 21:47
Sydney, Australia
B
boatman Offline
boatman  Offline
B

Sydney, Australia
Why not start by working through the tutorials in the Zorro manual? They provide a good base. You could then expand your horizons by working through the recommended reading list, one of which I see you have already read.

Do you have something specific you want to learn about?

Re: Looking for a mentor [Re: royal] #449925
04/02/15 17:53
04/02/15 17:53
UK/
F
france Offline OP
france  Offline OP
F

UK/
Originally Posted By: royal
Maybe Asirikuy is the thing you are looking for. (no promotion, can delete the post if desired)

I have been a member of Asirikuy. They develop with their own trading framework with C language. I have never seen apart Daniel and few more to replicate any success. In fact is about having competences in Financial Engineering.

Also, nobody builds portofio and the systems stay in draw down even for years. They are very clever and well prepared but it's still experimental.

I want to study at University level or with somebody who trade for a living otherwise I will never get there.

Kind Regards.

Last edited by france; 04/02/15 17:59.
Re: Looking for a mentor [Re: boatman] #449926
04/02/15 17:58
04/02/15 17:58
UK/
F
france Offline OP
france  Offline OP
F

UK/
Originally Posted By: boatman
Why not start by working through the tutorials in the Zorro manual? They provide a good base. You could then expand your horizons by working through the recommended reading list, one of which I see you have already read.

Do you have something specific you want to learn about?

Hei Boatman. Thank you for reply.

The point is that I need to get a better view of all the mathematics involved. In fact I was so sick of wasting time that I was planning to enroll to the CQF of Paul Wilmott.
I do not know how to design portfolios nor to use optimization methods to improve trading systems.

It's possible to get a good software to do that, that for sure, but a good understanding of the underlying theory would not hurt in my humble opinion.

I hope you are more prepared than myself and that you are getting some results. So far many manual traders are actually doing much better than myself.

www.forexsignal.com
www.connectforex.com

Of course is not my objective to trade manually since I could not sit behind the computer all day long, but you get the point.

Kind Regards, Francesco.

Moderated by  Petra 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de