by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (7th_zorro, Aku_Aku, 1 invisible), 579 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game #450369
04/13/15 13:32
04/13/15 13:32
Germany, Deutschland
G
Gamingtypen Offline OP
Gamingtypen  Offline OP
G

Germany, Deutschland
Tanks Unlimited is an arcade-like Tankgame. Its playable with up to 3 friends at one single screen. The tanks own a MG and a big Canon. The Canon needs a long time to reload, the MG may overheat. Tank and Turret are steared independent from each other. The whole tank is upgradable using Tank Points that you get in battles.
There are currently three gamemodes: Warzone / Campaign, Match and Editor. In Warzone, you fight your way through america. This mode has a world map, in which you choose which zone to attack next. But the enemy may attack one of your zones, too. The Match-Mode is a single round on one of the maps made with the editor or made for the mode exclusively.
In the Editor, you create your own maps using unlockable level parts. They may be shared with other players later.
Features:
- Coop and Versus
- Fully upgradable Tank
- Match-Mode for single rounds
- Warzone-Campaign with 12 maps
- Level-Editor
More Information will follow...
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x5xq2lur8vagt5z/Tanks+Unlimited+Preview+Version.zip
Tanks Unlimited Screenshot 1 Screen 1
Tanks Unlimited Screenshot 2 Screen 2
Tanks Unlimited ist ein Arcade-lastiges Panzerspiel aus der Vogelperspektive. Es lässt sich mit bis zu drei Freunden an einem Bildschirm spielen. Die Panzer verfügen sowohl über ein MG als auch über einen großen Lauf. Der Lauf braucht lange zum Reloaden, das MG überhitzt gelegentlich. Geschütz und Fahrwerk lassen sich unabhängig voneinander steuern. Sämtliche Eigenschaften des Panzers sind aufrüstbar durch TP / Tank Points, welche man sich in Schlachten verdient. Zurzeit gibt es drei Modi: Warzone / Kampagne, Match und Editor. Im Warzone-Modus kämpft man sich durch 12 Gebiete von Amerika. Auf einer Amerika-Karte dominiert man so bis zu 12 Gebiete. Allerdings schlägt auch der Feind regelmäßig zurück und versucht, die Gebiete zurückzuerobern. Im Match-Modus spielt man eine einzelne Runde auf einer der speziel hierfür gebauten oder einer der Editor-Karten. Im Editor erstellt man eigene Level. Diese lassen sich auch mit anderen Spielern teilen.
Zusammengefasst:
- Tank-Spiel aus der Vogelperspektive
- Kooperativ oder gegeneinander spielbar
- Vollständig aufrüstbare Panzer
- Match-Modus für einzelne Runden
- Warzone-Kampagne mit 12 Maps
- Level-Editor
Mehr Informationen folgen...
Hier der Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x5xq2lur8vagt5z/Tanks+Unlimited+Preview+Version.zip
Tanks Unlimited Screenshot 1 Screen 1
Tanks Unlimited Screenshot 2 Screen 2

Last edited by Gamingtypen; 04/14/15 05:58.
Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: Gamingtypen] #450371
04/13/15 13:48
04/13/15 13:48
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Some screens to see how it looks like (for those who lazy to download it) would be nice laugh

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: 3run] #450412
04/14/15 05:59
04/14/15 05:59
Germany, Deutschland
G
Gamingtypen Offline OP
Gamingtypen  Offline OP
G

Germany, Deutschland
I added some screens showing the general gameplay. Check out the maps for yourself, I still need some testers! wink

Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: Gamingtypen] #450414
04/14/15 07:54
04/14/15 07:54
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
My advice, next time use [img*] tags, in order to make your images visible here tongue But you'll need to upload it somewhere (imageshack or similar), cause it won't show 'attachments'. About the game, I assume you are using wide screen (aspect ratio 16:9), cause when I run the game it doesn't fit my screen, it goes out of it, because of that I couldn't play it.

Greets

Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: 3run] #450419
04/14/15 09:39
04/14/15 09:39
Germany, Deutschland
G
Gamingtypen Offline OP
Gamingtypen  Offline OP
G

Germany, Deutschland
Oh...sorry, I'll upload a launcher later so that you can play in 4:3.

Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: Gamingtypen] #451016
04/27/15 06:51
04/27/15 06:51
Germany, Deutschland
G
Gamingtypen Offline OP
Gamingtypen  Offline OP
G

Germany, Deutschland
Okay, heres the new Version. It has some bug fixes, support for 4:3 and some new Features.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0by34dr3atwt46r/0TanksUnlimited.zip

I'll stop developing this game now, this is the final version.

Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: Gamingtypen] #451029
04/27/15 15:13
04/27/15 15:13
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Its a funny idea but at the moment it feels far from finished. Sorry for being a bit rude, but that was the first thing that came on my mind when I tried it.

Here are a few suggestions incase you still want to update it:
-> warzone does nothing (no maps for it yet?)
-> no mouse movement for the tank canon? mouse would be perfect for rotating the canon and firing the weapons. That way you only need 1 controller for a 2 player games, cause 1 can use the controller and the other one the mouse and keyboard.
-> to easy to get stuck, would be better if the tank bounces a bit back when ramming a wall and loses health (instead just getting stuck).
-> no keyboard key to fire the cannon? Spacebar seems to fire the MG.
-> lightning is to bland sry. Some ideas: decrease sun tilt, decrease sun lightning and increase sun ambient so contrast on rocks etc. is not big (so you won't get black spots on them).
-> minor thing: forest map has white texture errors on the trees (probably cause of alpha on the texture).

Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: Reconnoiter] #451032
04/27/15 15:29
04/27/15 15:29
Germany, Deutschland
G
Gamingtypen Offline OP
Gamingtypen  Offline OP
G

Germany, Deutschland
None of these errors happened to me or to any other person who tested it. tongue
Warzone exists and is the main part of the game. I dont know why it doesnt work for you. There is currently no mouse movement, I originally made this game Controller-exclusive and ported it to the keyboard. Yes, its easy to get stuck, but it should be possible to escape. You can fire the canon using the [Alt] - Key. The full layout is shown by pressing F1. And the texture-error in the forest...I dont know, works for me. smirk

Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: Gamingtypen] #451033
04/27/15 15:43
04/27/15 15:43
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Originally Posted By: Gamingtypen
I dont know, works for me. smirk
I don't think that this is the way you should handle feedbacks and criticism (especially criticism) wink

I have to agree with Reconnoiter about the way it works.. 4:2 (which actually should be 4:3) doesn't work, it creates very small window and that's it. Also not being able to push buttons or anything with the mouse cursor it pretty strange.. I mean ok, you've wrote this game under Xbox controller and then ported to keyboard.. But port it completely so it will be comfortable to play and navigate? Using the keyboard but not being able to use a mouse is a really bad idea (although there is a useless flying cursor??). Aiming the tanks is the hell of the pain cause of that.. And that's the reason why I didn't want to play the game after 5 minutes I've launched it. I also get crashes about bmaps not found etc.

The game is really far from being complete, you can of course leave it as it is, without any changes, but I don't understand why you shared it then? If you want other people play your game and enjoy it, you should make it as solid and polished as possible. But to be honest it's really clear that you've put a lot of your time and strength into this project, I really liked those message boxes (with B buttons being pressed to move to the next message?) and the way you can navigate through the weapons. Just give it some break and try to polish it, make it more user friendly (controls esp). This was just my two cents, and I don't want to sound rude or anything, just sharing my opinion about your project after downloading it for the second time. I can clearly understand (see) how you might feel about getting feedback like this, probably not the one you've expected, but just listen to what we say and give it one more try instead of just giving up on it. Keep it up!

Best regards!

Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: 3run] #451039
04/27/15 16:30
04/27/15 16:30
Germany, Deutschland
G
Gamingtypen Offline OP
Gamingtypen  Offline OP
G

Germany, Deutschland
Originally Posted By: 3run
Originally Posted By: Gamingtypen
I dont know, works for me. smirk
I don't think that this is the way you should handle feedbacks and criticism (especially criticism) wink

I have to agree with Reconnoiter about the way it works.. 4:2 (which actually should be 4:3) doesn't work, it creates very small window and that's it. Also not being able to push buttons or anything with the mouse cursor it pretty strange.. I mean ok, you've wrote this game under Xbox controller and then ported to keyboard.. But port it completely so it will be comfortable to play and navigate? Using the keyboard but not being able to use a mouse is a really bad idea (although there is a useless flying cursor??). Aiming the tanks is the hell of the pain cause of that.. And that's the reason why I didn't want to play the game after 5 minutes I've launched it. I also get crashes about bmaps not found etc.

The game is really far from being complete, you can of course leave it as it is, without any changes, but I don't understand why you shared it then? If you want other people play your game and enjoy it, you should make it as solid and polished as possible. But to be honest it's really clear that you've put a lot of your time and strength into this project, I really liked those message boxes (with B buttons being pressed to move to the next message?) and the way you can navigate through the weapons. Just give it some break and try to polish it, make it more user friendly (controls esp). This was just my two cents, and I don't want to sound rude or anything, just sharing my opinion about your project after downloading it for the second time. I can clearly understand (see) how you might feel about getting feedback like this, probably not the one you've expected, but just listen to what we say and give it one more try instead of just giving up on it. Keep it up!

Best regards!

Thats not what I ment with 'Works for Me'. Thats the only problem I've got. Everything runs fine at my own PC, but seems to have problems on any other. Thats why I'm a bit demotivated on fixing more bugs for this game.
Yes, I put a lot of efford in this game, and it doesnt seem to be running on any other PC. But I had a lot of fun doing this, and I learned a lot, so I think it wasnt a waste of time. laugh

Anyway, thanks for your friendly feedback. I didnt mean to be rude in any way.
Maybe I'll try something like a sequel with clean code later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de