by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Quad, M_D), 1,217 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: Gamingtypen] #451041
04/27/15 16:38
04/27/15 16:38
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Originally Posted By: Gamingtypen
Thats not what I ment with 'Works for Me'. Thats the only problem I've got. Everything runs fine at my own PC, but seems to have problems on any other. Thats why I'm a bit demotivated on fixing more bugs for this game.
Yes, I put a lot of efford in this game, and it doesnt seem to be running on any other PC. But I had a lot of fun doing this, and I learned a lot, so I think it wasnt a waste of time. laugh
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a waste of time too! Experience you've gained from making this demo is priceless. And I can understand how it feels like to get demotivated, cause I've been in the same situation for a few times. But if you'll give it another try after a small break you'll be amazed with the results you'll get at the end, cause you'll have a better knowledge base to startoff! Anyway, keep it up and I wish you the best of luck! laugh

Best regards

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Tanks Unlimited - Single- and Multiplayer Tank Game [Re: 3run] #451045
04/27/15 18:09
04/27/15 18:09
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Quote:
Thats not what I ment with 'Works for Me'. Thats the only problem I've got. Everything runs fine at my own PC, but seems to have problems on any other. Thats why I'm a bit demotivated on fixing more bugs for this game.
Yes, I put a lot of efford in this game, and it doesnt seem to be running on any other PC. But I had a lot of fun doing this, and I learned a lot, so I think it wasnt a waste of time. laugh
, maybe you are trying a development version (running it in SED)? I also had a missing file error by the way when running the game. It sounds like you missed a file or 2 when creating the executable folder. That would explain why other people have an error but you not, since that file may still be somewhere in your gamestudio folder but not in the executable folder.

Quote:
Maybe I'll try something like a sequel with clean code later.
, you probably won't regret it wink , with some patching up and bug fixing this could be quite a fun game.

Also don't forget, if you have any problems with code or such you can ask them on this forum.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de