by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, VoroneTZ, Quad, 1 invisible), 688 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 435 of 554 1 2 433 434 435 436 437 553 554
Re: What are you working on? [Re: 3run] #451662
05/15/15 15:40
05/15/15 15:40
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline
Serious User
DLively  Offline
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
Quote:
do you also allow people to sell there ? you could say allow users to sell but by agreeing you take a percentage of their sale for using your web services

@Wjbender: Yes. I just have to update my EULA first.
I really hope you figure out the real terrain and the like.. that would be very cool to see!

Quote:
@DLively, I like the frontpage, the other things could use some work. Some pages are not consistent, the different pages differ from style. Also some text is a bit hard to read. Never do black on a dark background (dark green in this case). I would make all the text black except the title+subtitle of the site (the one in the top left corner) and make the background completely white like you did on the news section. Lastly change button appearance when the mouse hovers over them tongue . So in short, I would suggest making the 'shop' and 'free' pages similar to the frontpage. gl and good job so far laugh

ps: I like the first pic with the editor stuff.

@Reconnoiter: This is awesome feedback. Which pages do you find inconsistent, more specifically; which two pages are you comparing? In short; The main page is mainly its own thing. The rest of the website will be similar to the resource and webstore pages. On that note, all resource and webstore pages are consistent with each other.. afaik laugh And the rest of the website isn't entirely styled yet. TBH, I had an old design and domain 5 days ago -- So on monday I purchased my new domain and gave my website a facelift. By tuesday, I was uploading models again. Its not completely styled yet either wink

I like the green background, however I'll take some of your advice and change the text color to white instead, to make it easier to read. After reading your comment and looking at the text I have to agree with you its straining on the eyes.

and I'll change button appearance on hover wink .. Thanks for your input and suggestions! You've inspired me laugh

@txesmi: Very Nice laugh You're making good progress wink

Last edited by DLively; 05/15/15 15:43.

A8 Pro 8.45.4
YouTube: Create Games For Free
Free Resources: www.CGForFree.com
Re: What are you working on? [Re: DLively] #451664
05/15/15 16:09
05/15/15 16:09
Germany, BW, Stuttgart
MasterQ32 Offline
Expert
MasterQ32  Offline
Expert

Germany, BW, Stuttgart
I've started a project this week called SolidLayout.

It's a layouting engine combined with a custom layouting language like HTML/XAML.
The current status is: Attributes are bindable or statically assignable, layout supports two basic layouts: Stacking or Docking.

Here is an example of how to declare a UI layout as well as how it looks:
Code:
# Demo Layout
DockLayout {
        Widget(dock=right,width=50,height=100,color="#0000FF",horizontalAlignment=right);
        Widget(dock=top,width=100,height=50,color="#FF0000",horizontalAlignment=right);
        StackLayout(dock=left,stackDirection=vertical) {
                Widget(width=100, height=30, color="#FF8888");
                Widget(color="#88FF88", horizontalAlignment=right);
                DockLayout {
                        Widget(dock=top,color="#000000");
                        Widget(dock=top,color="#444444");
                        Widget(dock=top,color="#888888");
                        Widget(dock=top,color="#BBBBBB");
                        Widget(color="#FFFFFF");
                }
        }
        Widget(color="#FF00FF",horizontalAlignment=stretch);
}

I know the example is pretty lame, but imaging declaring Gamestudio PANEL/TEXTs with a layouting engine with bindings of properties via Lite-C variables.

Right now the project has no Lite-C compatibility or even windows, but those will be my next steps as i think gamestudio integration will be pretty simple, but also useful.

I will keep you updated wink

Also here is an example how a Gamestudio layout could look:
Code:
# Simple main menu with stacked elements
Blank {
  Panel(width=150, height=300, horizontalAlignment=center, verticalAlignment=center, bgcolor="#888888") {
    StackLayout(verticalAlignment=center,horizontalAlignment=stretch) {
      Panel(height=30,bgcolor="#FFFFFF",event=[startGame]) {
        Text(text="Start Game",flags="CENTER_X|CENTER_Y");
      }
      Blank(height=5); # 5 Pixel Distance between elements
      Panel(height=30,bgcolor="#FFFFFF",event=[loadGame]) {
        Text(text="Load Game",flags="CENTER_X|CENTER_Y");
      }
      Blank(height=5); # 5 Pixel Distance between elements
      Panel(height=30,bgcolor="#FFFFFF",event=[quitGame]) {
        Text(text="Quit Game",flags="CENTER_X|CENTER_Y");
      }
    }
  }
}

Visit my site: www.masterq32.de
Re: What are you working on? [Re: 3run] #451666
05/15/15 18:34
05/15/15 18:34
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
Originally Posted By: 3run
would be nice to see that big head leaning from side to side while rotating vehicle fast.

It is planned, yes. The engines will rotate a bit too.
Thanks!

Re: What are you working on? [Re: MasterQ32] #451667
05/15/15 18:41
05/15/15 18:41
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Quote:
Which pages do you find inconsistent, more specifically; which two pages are you comparing?
, glad it is usefull, I will try to answer your questions even though I lack real website building experience (I only have made a simple site once and did some tuts for lateron).

I was comparing the main/frontpage with the other pages. The frontpage had a 'less is more' feeling with most of the text clearly readable (black text on white background = nice contrast). The pictures switching is nice too. Nice logo too, but ugly buttons blush (I would remove gradient difference on the buttons and instead go for something simple, maybe black+white, to play it safe grin ).
I see now that you have added some stuff (/buttons) which makes it a bit more messy in my opinion (is too clustered beneath each other while having a very big empty place to the right that you can use). I do like how you positioned the menu/shop/free buttons at the very top of the page

Now the resource / webstore pages. Click on them and you get a similar layout with extra green bars beneath. I would make that white. You can always make eula text bold or color it so it is more striking (/not easy to ignore). Perhaps add some images here like you did on the frontpage for a nice look.

When you click a resource, let's say bathroom page 1 it adds additional stuff beneath the page. I find this awkward, I think it would be better if it goes to a new page or places the bathroom stuff more to the top so it can be seen instantly without having to scroll below. Or maybe auto scrolls to the right position.
So when you click e.g. Bathroom, you see the available items. What I think is nice is the information given here for each item (preview images, link to watch it on youtube etc.). What I think would make it more clearly would be some thicker border around the descriptions and thick borders around each item (+ a bit more whitespace below and above items). Speaking of borders, the buttons could use some nice solid borders too tongue .

Quote:
Its not completely styled yet either wink
, yes most of my suggestions has to do with styling and visual layout (or whatever it is called) I think, so some points you probably already thought about laugh
My experience is too limited to give advise on technical points

Re: What are you working on? [Re: Reconnoiter] #451668
05/15/15 18:46
05/15/15 18:46
netherlands
Realspawn Offline

Expert
Realspawn  Offline

Expert

netherlands
I am currently working on a collection of mini games. Each game will be very simple and basic but can be used as a good start for new game projects. Some of the games are based on the Mario party games from the Nintendo system. The games will not be complicated and very basic in setup.
The first mini game is almost finished and many more ideas are on the shelve. Thanks to Malice the first one is nearly done. Here is a clip that shows it all in action :

https://youtu.be/FAQ0MZgqRTA

Last edited by Realspawn; 05/15/15 18:50.

Find all my tutorials & Workshops at : www.rp-interactive.nl

Creativity starts in the brain
Re: What are you working on? [Re: Realspawn] #451669
05/15/15 18:53
05/15/15 18:53

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

Came out looking good, Spawn. This was a good one, I was happy to trouble shoot it. But it was all your framework .

Way to go Bro!

Re: What are you working on? [Re: ] #451670
05/15/15 19:10
05/15/15 19:10
JerahYalyn Offline
JerahYalyn  Offline

Nice realspawn. I like the character. It reminds me of a game that I use to play.

Re: What are you working on? [Re: MasterQ32] #451671
05/15/15 19:42
05/15/15 19:42
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline
Serious User
DLively  Offline
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
Reconnoiter. I ended up taking all your advice. It actually looks pretty good now laugh

EDIT: I'm not sure what Im planning for the empty space on the right. Maybe new stuff... Ideas are still brewing. I changed the layout because the old layout didn't allow enough room for what I wanted to do -- So nothing was planned :3

You are the end user, so your advice is necessary. laugh

http://www.cgforfree.com

Realspawn: Looks legit laugh

Last edited by DLively; 05/15/15 19:56.

A8 Pro 8.45.4
Re: What are you working on? [Re: DLively] #451672
05/15/15 20:18
05/15/15 20:18

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

Dlively can I suggest you retake the screen shot on the front page(picture 2), the one of the room. However this time set d3d_antialias =9;

That is my only real feedback, otherwise Great site!

Re: What are you working on? [Re: ] #451673
05/15/15 20:50
05/15/15 20:50
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline
Serious User
DLively  Offline
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
Yes! I can do that laugh Good suggestion grin

and thank you laugh

Last edited by DLively; 05/15/15 20:50.

A8 Pro 8.45.4
Page 435 of 554 1 2 433 434 435 436 437 553 554

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de