by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, SBGuy, Petra), 801 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 8 of 36 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 35 36
Re: Antaris - Last project stage / Letzte Projektp [Re: Nicolas_B] #45823
09/08/05 14:18
09/08/05 14:18
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
Hallo Imp..

Ja die Strogs finde ich auch ganz nett. Und dieser Typ aus RtCW hat sicherlich auch schon einige Dinnerparties versaut ;-). Übrigens muss ich mich bei dir bedanken. Du hast mich damit gerade auf eine Idee für einen weiteren Gegner gebracht.

Viele Grüße
Rincewind

Born for runes
Re: Antaris - Last project stage / Letzte Projektp [Re: Nicolas_B] #45824
09/08/05 14:19
09/08/05 14:19
Luzern
Nicolas_B Offline
Serious User
Nicolas_B  Offline
Serious User

Luzern
Quote:

Ob es ein gutes Spiel wird.. muss sich erst noch herausstellen. Ich hoffe es aber. Vielen Dank :-)

Na das kannst du dir denken. Du kriegst ja schon vor Trailer und Demo so viel lob

Edit: Das freut mich ja das ich dir helfen konnte. übrigen:
Bei dem ersten gegner da. von wo hast du die Texturen? Das gesicht hab ich glaub schon mal gesehen*g*

Last edited by Imp; 09/08/05 14:21.
Re: Antaris - Last project stage / Letzte Projektp [Re: Nicolas_B] #45825
09/08/05 14:27
09/08/05 14:27
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
Hallo Imp,

ich glaube ich habe das sogar dazu geschrieben: Die Textur des Gesichts stammt von dem Sabaoth-Modell von Realspawn aus dem Doom-Modelpack siehe User Conttributions) :-)

Born for runes
Re: Antaris - Last project stage / Letzte Projektp [Re: rincewind] #45826
09/08/05 14:57
09/08/05 14:57
atlantic canada
pocorev Offline
Developer
pocorev  Offline
Developer

atlantic canada
your game has a scary - ominous quality to it.

looks like it's gonna be one of those games that just begs to be played in total darkness with headphones on.

is there a demo on the horizon?

Re: Antaris - Last project stage / Letzte Projektp [Re: pocorev] #45827
09/08/05 15:21
09/08/05 15:21
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
Dear poco,

yes, that's how it's meant to be played. I am inspired by darkish sci-fi and fantasy movies and games.I love computer graphics and special effects in movies.

Recently, I saw Constantine, Riddick and the latest Star Wars Movie.

The game will hopefully be released around Christmas this year. It will be available for free, as I am already working on a commercial game that will be published sometime in 2006 or 7 (I am not allowed to tell any more about apart from that we have already found a publisher). From now on, I will always try to make a commercial game and a free game for this community. Depending on the filesize, I will put it on my website for Download or you can get it on CD. Making it available on CD means that anyone wanting the game would have to pay the CD and the transport fees. The game itself is of cource free. It is meant as a gift to this great community. In this case, I will of course make a demo available on my website, so you can test it, before you spend money for packaging and transport.
Also, all models I built for this game will be available for free. I am working on a trailer, which will be available for download this saturday or in a fortnight, depending if I can complete the trailer before going on vacation.

So: Trailer coming soon, Demo and free full verion for christmas.

Best regs to Canada (you must be happy to live there :-)
Rincewind

Last edited by rincewind; 09/08/05 15:22.

Born for runes
Re: Antaris - Last project stage / Letzte Projektp [Re: rincewind] #45828
09/09/05 02:26
09/09/05 02:26
atlantic canada
pocorev Offline
Developer
pocorev  Offline
Developer

atlantic canada
Great News!

Looking forward to playing this one.

Quote:

Best regs to Canada (you must be happy to live there :-)

while i've lived in japan and in the carribean (& enjoyed both very much), Canada is our 'home' and we're very content here.

btw... best of luck with your commercial game.

New Antaris Trailer [Re: pocorev] #45829
09/09/05 14:39
09/09/05 14:39
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
Hallo,

hier kommt der neue Trailer zu Antaris. Das Video zeigt WIP, d.h. einige Dinge wie etwa Effekte oder Teile des Ingame Menüs werden noch geändert, da díese zwar teilweise bereits eingebaut sind, aber noch keine Funktion haben. Falls Ihr Euch über die beiden Main Character "Alex" und "Paul" wundert.. die Beiden sind Freunde von mir. Sie betreiben ein Bar in Cala d'Or und ihr größter Traum ist es, einmal als in einem Computerspiel zu erscheinen. Da die beiden sehr hart arbeiten und unglaublich nette Menschen sind, haben sie es einfach verdient.

Einige der Effekte, die in dem Trailer zu sehen sind (insbesondere die Explosion am Ende sowie die Flare-Effekte der Beleuchtung, sehem im Spiel seltsamerweise anders aus als im Trailer. Woran das liegt, weiß ich leider nicht.

Hi all,

here comes the new Antaris Trailer. The video shows WIP, meaning that some things will change in the final version i,e, more details will be added, AI will be refined etc. Also, some ingame graphics, like weapon icons have partially been implemented but haven't been assigned a function yet, because it was just a test and I first wanted to implement all the weapons which I have done by now. There will be six weapons: Rocket launcher, heavy mg, Gatling gun, Lasergun, Plasmagun and Pulse rifle.

If you should wonder about the two characters appearing in the trailer: They are some very good friends of mine who run a bar in Cala d'or (Baleares). Their greatest dream is to appear in a video game and this is one of the reasons for making Antaris. They are great guy who work very hard and they simply deserve it.

Also: Some effects appear different in the trailer than they do in the game for some unknown reason, as you will see when you compare the screenshot below with the last explosion scene of the trailer.

It's a 5 minutes trailer and a 25 MB download, so thanks in advance to anyone viewing it.

Download Trailer (25 MB)

Die Musik des Trailers ist ein Auszug aus einem Lied von AC DC: "Shoot to Thrill".
Aus Copyright-Gründen ist das Lied nur auszugsweise enthalten.

For reasons of copyright, the trailer includes only a part of the song.

Damit verabschiede ich mich jetzt erst einmal für eine Woche in den Urlaub.
I'll be off for vacation now for one week.

Viele Grüße
Best regards
Rincewind

Born for runes
Re: New Antaris Trailer [Re: rincewind] #45830
09/09/05 15:01
09/09/05 15:01
Glasgow, Scotland
Lost Offline
Lost  Offline

Glasgow, Scotland
Nicely put together video. Heres my pros and cons.

Art

+Textures all match and look good together.
+Models are of a good standard.
-Skinning on Alex's face seems off.
-The template model rocket seems out of place and perhaps replacing the template effects would be nice.

Level design seemed more than fine to me! Not played it but from what I saw it looked great.

Lost Games WIP - Nysho and the Attack of the Boons Rise up and flame me like the prepubescent man you outa be son!
Re: New Antaris Trailer [Re: Lost] #45831
09/09/05 15:09
09/09/05 15:09
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
Hello Lost,

thanks very much for downloading the trailer. You are perfectly right. Alex' face seems off. I took some photos of him, when he was working in the bar and I just couldn't keep him from grinning all the time :-), because he was so happy. AN I think this is also due to the light in the bar. Anyway.. I#m going on vacation with my brother on sunday, and we will be visiting them for a week, so I will take some new photos and replace the skin.

I haven't skinned the rocket yet so you're right..this has to be changed. The template effects will be replace by particle effects. I'm currently using EP3 to learn how to make particle scripts which is a great help.

Again.. thanks.. this is more than I expected.

Best regards
Rincewind

Last edited by rincewind; 09/09/05 15:13.

Born for runes
Re: New Antaris Trailer [Re: rincewind] #45832
09/09/05 15:33
09/09/05 15:33
Omegattack Offline
banned
Omegattack  Offline
banned

Definitiv das geilste Template-Projekt, das ich kenne.
Wird ein klasse Weihnachtsgeschenk für die Community (falls free).

-------------------- ".. > OO ( ) ^ ^ This is the sexy chicken. [Edited by a moderator]
Page 8 of 36 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 35 36

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de