by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, VoroneTZ), 831 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #458768
03/29/16 22:42
03/29/16 22:42
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Folks,

there were still some minor bugs concerning bmps loading "cancel" and loading certain frame sizes like the Blitz+10.bmp, which is 256x512 in Frame size.

Please download the following main PCXani50.exe and replace PCXani49.exe with it to fix the problems.

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/PCXANI50.zip

NeoDumont

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #459035
04/14/16 22:04
04/14/16 22:04
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

OK, Folks ! Another PCXanim release.

Cyclic brushes can now fade, depending on the position they are placed, The higher you click in the frame the darker the animated brush is pasted in the main animation. Have a look at the nufire+10.bmp animation in the samples4 folder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the readme.txt:

NEW (Update from 1.5 to 1.6. April 2016):

"Delay" did not work for single brush in the Paintbox. Patched.

New functions:

Mirror: Copies the x flipped right half of an animation to the left.
A symetric animation is created, can look nice. The main purpose of mirror, however, is to support the creation of streaming and fluid FX in the Paintbox. A rotating brush now can be changed into an animation
where the left and right part move in the same direction . Well, more or less.

Fade to top: Cyclic brushes can now fade, depending on the position they are placed in a frame. The higher an brush animation is placed, the darker it will appear in the animation. Good for Fire and Steam animations. Fade to top works with 256 and 512 Y-Frame size only !

Get from main: A brush animation can now be retrieved from the main animation instead of loading from disk. Just to allow a faster workflow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unzip the PCXanim55.zip file to your main PCXanim folder if you already have one. Replace your main PCXanim.exe with PCXanim55.exe. Have a look at the samples 4 folder or start checking the new FX.
If this is the first time you use PCXanim just unzip the folder.

OK, thats all.
Hope you like it.

Neodumont

Download it here:

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/PCXanim1.6.zip

Last edited by NeoDumont; 04/14/16 22:22.
Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #459377
05/12/16 19:51
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Ok, folks !

This was an internal server error :-)

Last edited by NeoDumont; 05/12/16 19:53.
Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #459378
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Ok, folks !

Another PCXanim release, a small update. This will be probably the last PCXanim to download from here, because I'm going to open my new homepage in the next weeks from where PCXanim and other stuff can be downloaded.

From the readme2.txt:

Hamburg 10.May 2016

This release is a small service update of PCXANIM, now Version 1.6.2

The console Window, as well as the work window, now have no MS-Windows borders anymore, because PCXanim opens the windows in mode $F0 by default. This bypasses all problems with large frame sizes like 512x512 when using certain effects.

"Get from main" Button now is activated when reopening the paintbox requester and "Cylic brushes" is active.

The "Open" FX now works exactly. Concerning symmetrie.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the main pupose of this release is to make 512x512 frame size animations more reliable. Also note that "Fade to Top" needs a screen resolution of 1024x768 to work correctly.

Download PCXanim 1.6.2 (Paintbox edition) from here:

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/PCXanim1.6.2.zip

Unzip the folder and replace the PCXanim exe you use now with PCXanim57.exe if you use PCXanim already.

If you use PCXanim the first time simply unzip the PCXanim1.6.2 zip file. There is no installation process required. Please read the readme files in the folder.
There are some bigger sample packages for download in the download links above.

J. Hunke (Neodumont)

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #467373
07/29/17 01:06
07/29/17 01:06
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

OK, folks, another PCXanim Version !

Hope I don't annoy you too much with my hobby software.

The new version has some bug fixes and enhanced functions especially for cyclic brushes. New animation examples are included.

Update information from the Readme.rtf:

NEW (Update from 28.July 2017)

Bugfixes:

Save animation bmp bug fixed. No crases anymore.

Windows Pagefile filling bug fixed. A double function call filled up the windows pagefile until animation and Paintbox
work was nearly impossible. Fixed.

When in Paintbox mode CPU usage increased to 100% even when nothing was done by the user. Fixed. CPU usage is normal now.

Blur and 4field Blur did not blur the first frame of an animation sometimes. Fixed.

Fade to top: Better balancing for 256x512 framesize.

New Functions:

When starting Pcxanim asks you now how it should be executed, windowed or fullscreen.

Fastbutton for 10x256x512 memory bmp allocation added.

New functions for cyclic brushes (And they are mostly valid for cyclic brushes only):

Pressing "U" while in paintbox mode undoes the last action.

Scale by addpix: After every click the cyclic brush size is increased by x number of pixels. The value can be entered
after pressing the options button for the Paintbox. When pressing "R" while putting a brush in the animation frame the
original size of the brush will be restored.

Scale to top: The higher you paste the cyclic brush in the animation frame, the bigger it will be.

Make seamless: Brushes will also be pasted with a framesize offset at the opposite border when pasted near a frame border.
This will make your animation borderseamless/tileable. Make seamles is also valid for single brushes, in case that you want to use a frame as a tilable not animated texture.

Autoflip hor: Flips the animation brush after every pasting horizontally. Can create nice FX.

Autoflip vert: Flips the animation brush after every pasting vertically. Can create nice FX also.

Pressing the left arrow key while in paintbox mode rotates the animation brush 18 degrees left. The right arrow key rotates the anibrush 18 degrees right. This feature can create bowed animation streams. PLEASE (!) use this feature very carefully. I had program crashes when using the brushrotation to often or to wild. I tried to find this bug for about a week and gave up because it is somewhere in the deep of the profan runtime or prospeed.dll, not sure. Anyway, if you have a crash have a look at the BUNDO.bmp in the work folder of pcxanim. It should contain the last animation from Pcxanim paintbox. Rename it to BUNDO+10.bmp first(when using a ten frame animation) and reload it. Then load the animbrush you used and continue your work. Sorry for the inconvenience, but i have not the slightiest idea where the bug comes from. But I will keep it on my batch.
However, the results with rotated brushes can be very impressive, so give it a try. All other anibrush functions are not affected by this bug.

You can download the new version (July 2017) from here:

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/Pcxanim_1.7.zip

Best whishes, keep up your Gamestudio work.

NeoDumont

Last edited by NeoDumont; 07/29/17 01:09.
Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #467376
07/29/17 15:10
07/29/17 15:10
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

OK, back again.

Just saw that the blur and 4 field blur still skip the first frame. They work fine when profan is in Interpreteer mode, but after compiling to an exe they do this skipping again. Must be a timing problem. I will see what I can do for a bugfix the next week. Please use your gaussian blur filter from your paintprogram until I fixed the bug.

So long

NeoDumont

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #467509
08/07/17 21:23
08/07/17 21:23
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

OK, folks !

Bugfix update for Pcxanim. Took me a long (!) time testing to find this ugly hidden bug. Phew ! Got grey hair about that.

From the updated manual:

---------------------------------------------------------

Bugfix Update (Update from 8.August 2017)

Cyclic Brush rotation (via arrow keys) now works stable. Rotate,paste and reload as much as you want.

Save bmp crashes now really should not happen anymore. This bug appeared after using rotate functions of Pcxanim. Now fixed, finally (God bless...). Man that was a mess really.

NEW: Up arrow key increases the cyclic anim brush size by 10 pixels while in paintbox mode. Arrow down key decreases the cyclic anim brush size.

-----------------------------------------------------------

How to update:

If you have Pcxanim already installed on you PC, simply replace the old (version 1.7 /65.exe) with the new Pcxani66.exe

If you use Pcxanim the first time please read the manual/readme.txt

Download from here:

MyWebspace

Best wishes and have fun

Neodumont

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #467651
08/18/17 21:30
08/18/17 21:30
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

OK, Folks:

I'm very happy to announce that PCXanim (Version 1.7.1) now runs absolutely stable (Tested with Win XP). I tested it for some hours, switched between Corel Photo Paint and back, used the clipboard exchange and the paintbox intensively, changed size and frame number several times and encountered no crash.

I made some new texture animations, including some with bowed streams, mainly lava animations. You can download them here from my webspace:

My_webspace

Regards, Neodumont

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #477281
06/12/19 17:39
06/12/19 17:39
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

OK, Folks!

I noticed, that PCXANIM still crashes sometimes, when trying to save an animation bmp (sprite). A more stable version can be downloaded now. Simply replace the old PCXANI66.exe with the new PCXANI68.exe, leave anything else as it is.

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/PCXANI68.exe

Sorry for the inconvenience !

Greets

Neodumont

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #477691
07/21/19 22:23
07/21/19 22:23
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

I don't understand this program, almost any button I push causes it to crash...Maybe you are testing it on some system that is very different from mine.. (windows 10)

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de