by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 730 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: exile] #460833
07/16/16 13:21
07/16/16 13:21
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: exile
Honestly why not just make this the Official 3DGS game jam? Six months, one unifying theme, one community driven team. Idunno, maybe a bit too ambitious but I would personally love the challenge and to be able to work with you guys. Maybe even make it the next contest? Just throwing around ideas.
, why not both? The game jam is great for new games/ideas, a pack is great for touching up semi-finished games. I mean why not, what is stopping us? Unity's CEO? grin

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 07/16/16 13:22.
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: Reconnoiter] #460838
07/16/16 18:24
07/16/16 18:24

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

@Reconnoiter
Quote:
, I dont understand, what project?

rayp's entry on page one of the thread hold way to many copyright characters. To see on Steam would could not use this. Or we would get kicked off and have to project shutdown by someone lawyers. On top the lawyer could make a suit to take all the money you earn from the package.
Quote:
I understand its early. But there will be a moment (happens to almost all game dev groups on the internet) where one or more will lose interest and motivation. Its not about dreams of gold, its about that you need some form to keep people motivated. Unless people have already (almost-)finished projects ofcourse that they wouldn't sell anywise. Besides, I am not going put effort into something for 3 months when we have no idea what to expect of it.

I still don't have a project in this, so it's still the dev's choices. Steam will want 15% off top to sell the package(I'll ask SuperKu for the exact number), our legal entity will need a percent to run - collect and pay out - website if needed - making posting hosting videos -ect, someone has to do this job and while theyt don't need a profit-share they need a work budget capital.
$10 a unit is a smart start target at this point that can be adjusted as we reach the end and see what we have as a whole package to sell.
I do not see any beginners or lazies in this group. So I do not think any of the dev's is going to do a cheap job. Therefore I would recommend 5 creators div the profit 5 ways at 20% each.
Now without a publisher to front money and spend on maintenance and other aspects. We get a package that sort of "as is" in legal terms. The person who buys it may end up with bugs or there may be a complete failure in one project. If the dev isn't fixing it. The project can and will die on Steam.
We could try and get a Publisher, however you will lose more 'off the top' up to another 60%, make 75% with Steams cut. Leaving 25%/5 people at equal 20% shares. Plus you'll all still need to fund the legal entity to do it's job.
Quote:
why not both? The game jam is great for new games/ideas, a pack is great for touching up semi-finished games. I mean why not, what is stopping us? Unity's CEO?

the only thing that can stop or slow y'all is your effort and attitude to the idea's and each other.

@exile
Quote:
Honestly why not just make this the Official 3DGS game jam? Six months, one unifying theme, one community driven team. Idunno, maybe a bit too ambitious but I would personally love the challenge and to be able to work with you guys. Maybe even make it the next contest? Just throwing around ideas.

I wouldn't try to make this a contest that way. I would say let people for teams, let them pay an entry fee. Winning team take the pot. Votes for outside the forum. In the end I would not team up in a AUM contest then fight over who gets the one pro key....

Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: ] #460839
07/16/16 18:40
07/16/16 18:40

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

-alibaba
-rayp
-and
-Ch40zzC0d3r

Are a bit silent at the moment. But all y'all dev need to talk with each other. Decide if you like the path this is taking and if you still want to work within it. It's a dev's run package and team project, I'm just casting my two-cent as the idea sponsor of the thread.

-- Of course I can jump out of this if y'all wish , because it's a dev's project and y'all make the choices.

Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: ] #460840
07/16/16 18:58
07/16/16 18:58
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
I'd just go with what you say. If this is really happening, then I'd just provide my final game and you could do whatever you want with it.

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: alibaba] #460841
07/16/16 19:46
07/16/16 19:46
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
My apology is iam very lazy grin

Nearly slept from friday till now still beeing tired.
And iam working on a test for a new arcade project, using stuff from my other projects ^^ ...just testing and playing around.

greets

Last edited by rayp; 07/16/16 19:54.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: rayp] #460842
07/16/16 19:50
07/16/16 19:50
Germany
C
Ch40zzC0d3r Offline
Serious User
Ch40zzC0d3r  Offline
Serious User
C

Germany
Well I cant sell my stuff because of copyrights.
Not sure if Im allowed to so we better dont do that tongue

The game will be free to play, but Im sure we can include the launcher for it in the bundle somehow. (And maybe some bnus weapons)

Last edited by Ch40zzC0d3r; 07/16/16 19:51.
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: Ch40zzC0d3r] #460844
07/16/16 20:37
07/16/16 20:37

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

Well LOL

That's all 5 dev's positions on the topics. I guess you guy's can discuss at each other and decide the next course.
We've copyright issues, that means project have to drop or be reworked. We have submissions on the original idea,' a non-unified collection wrapped in a single launcher.' We have push for both sales and free release for personal glory. There is a suggestion to start as a new idea and have all the dev's work as a team on a single theme project - 5 bakers, so to say, and no frostiers (Coders without the other parts of the team models/music/art).

- Here is where I metaphorically say "Fight and let the victor prevail."

Last edited by Malice; 07/16/16 20:37.
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: ] #460845
07/17/16 00:07
07/17/16 00:07

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

I've been around long enough to knew how this mud hole goes. So I don't have to succeed at anything. But I'm got to little life left for rutting around and not getting anywhere.

I'll go on.. Y'all just keep on with the 15 years of acknex I've known..

Peace love and all that fun
I am Malice.

Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: ] #460851
07/17/16 07:50
07/17/16 07:50
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
I think there needs to be one coordinator in order for this to work. Otherwise this will fail.
Malice is a potential leader I think. I haven't read the whole thread though.

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: alibaba] #460855
07/17/16 11:21
07/17/16 11:21
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Wall of Text incoming alert grin

Quote:
rayp's entry on page one of the thread hold way to many copyright characters. To see on Steam would could not use this. Or we would get kicked off and have to project shutdown by someone lawyers. On top the lawyer could make a suit to take all the money you earn from the package.
, your right, didn't think of that.

@Rayp, would yournew arcade project be possible? Or your horror project perhaps?

Originally Posted By: alibaba
I think there needs to be one coordinator in order for this to work. Otherwise this will fail.
Malice is a potential leader I think. I haven't read the whole thread though.
, yeah a coordinator would be good, Malice would be good I think. But concerning leader(s), we should all be active enough to make decisions. If there will be a disagreement on something than we just have a vote and is also helps alot to make some guidelines and agreements beforehand (read deadline we already discussed a bit, what will be or selling price or will it be free?, simple division of roles etc.). Again it may seem to serious but it will help bigtime lateron when we have had agreed to some things beforehand (no confusion, less chance to miss important things, less chance for a possible disagreement).
Also it can all be very short e.g. bullet style and only some key points (wont take long).

@Malice,
Quote:
I still don't have a project in this, so it's still the dev's choices.
, see above, would you agree with a coordinator + support role? (in the case this project really happens)

Quote:
Steam will want 15% off top to sell the package(I'll ask SuperKu for the exact number), our legal entity will need a percent to run - collect and pay out - website if needed - making posting hosting videos -ect, someone has to do this job and while theyt don't need a profit-share they need a work budget capital.
, I thought it was a bit more than 15%, but hopefully I am wrong. The website and video hosting etc. we can all do. But this is also why making some agreements beforehand like role division is important. (not saying you disagree with that though)

Quote:
$10 a unit is a smart start target at this point that can be adjusted as we reach the end and see what we have as a whole package to sell.
I do not see any beginners or lazies in this group. So I do not think any of the dev's is going to do a cheap job. Therefore I would recommend 5 creators div the profit 5 ways at 20% each.
, sounds good, could be 10 a unit is a bit to much but we will work that out.

Quote:
We could try and get a Publisher, however you will lose more 'off the top' up to another 60%, make 75% with Steams cut. Leaving 25%/5 people at equal 20% shares. Plus you'll all still need to fund the legal entity to do it's job.
, I personally think we should do independant, I think a publisher will give alot of hassle and remove freedom to operate. Could be wrong ofcourse. I think Steam Greenlight would be good idea.

Quote:
Well I cant sell my stuff because of copyrights.
Not sure if Im allowed to so we better dont do that tongue

The game will be free to play, but Im sure we can include the launcher for it in the bundle somehow. (And maybe some bnus weapons)

, free bonus content could be possible, I dont know if this can be worked out in the contract (I think there will have to be a paragraph that excludes this free content from the price or something like that). Isn't it possible to replace the copyright content with some other assets?

Quote:
That's all 5 dev's positions on the topics. I guess you guy's can discuss at each other and decide the next course.
We've copyright issues, that means project have to drop or be reworked. We have submissions on the original idea,' a non-unified collection wrapped in a single launcher.' We have push for both sales and free release for personal glory. There is a suggestion to start as a new idea and have all the dev's work as a team on a single theme project - 5 bakers, so to say, and no frostiers (Coders without the other parts of the team models/music/art).
, yes this will be interesting.

Edit: I think the main thing we have to decide on whether this pack will be free or not free (/commercial). Personally for me free is a no go (time reasons), so I will than leave the project but that is ok if others prefer free content.

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 07/17/16 11:28.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de