by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Edgar_Herrera, VoroneTZ, Akow), 968 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: ] #460798
07/15/16 05:42
07/15/16 05:42
U.S.A. Michigan
exile Offline
User
exile  Offline
User

U.S.A. Michigan
Well I have been meaning to buy Pro for some time now. If I do get it I would love to help out however I could. We would need to write up some form of contractual agreement that whoever builds the game has no rights to use any of the provided content outside of the intended purpose.

Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: exile] #460799
07/15/16 05:54
07/15/16 05:54

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

^--- Yeah yes I forgot about this issue... Hummm Contracts would only work with-in regions. I.e. USA build for USA, Germany for Germany , ect.. otherwise the process becomes very difficult and expensive to set-up and enforce. In the USA a simple 2 party agree is ease enough, and enforcing it is not overly hard or expensive. However, if I(USA) had to set up and try to court enforce and agreement in Germany it would be to difficult and expensive.

It's a good topic for this main thread and we'll have to figure it out.

Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: ] #460801
07/15/16 09:57
07/15/16 09:57
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
I have pro license and would be able to do most of those things Malice (havent tried everything yet so you could be I need a tip here and there for the more advanced things). And auto lod for each model could take alot of work if there are many models I think.

Originally Posted By: rayp
Great!
, thanks!

edit: for the contracts, wouldn't it work if atleast 1 Europe has a pro license (e.g. me) and 1 in North-America has 1? Or are there any users here who live in other continents and want to participate?

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 07/15/16 10:00.
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: Reconnoiter] #460802
07/15/16 10:39
07/15/16 10:39
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
I also have Pro and can provide one minigame (local splitscreen/maybe also online multiplayer)

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: alibaba] #460810
07/15/16 16:40
07/15/16 16:40

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

Quote:
I think it's a good idea but there's still one thing missing.. games. (and people willing to participate in this project)

By my count that's 5 people with projects willing to join the bundle. Knowing that the option to include a part/demo/or trail of any project, I wonder if more will join.

There are some basic thing to figure out here. like
Sales goal - Are we releasing for money,attention or glory. Do we aim to sell the bundle, use it to call attention to acknex or as stated before for personal community recognition - leave our mark?

Time line - How long do we want to give the project from start till release? Having a deadline can help, and hamper. Giving time for people to find there projects, do added or touch-up work, while not bogging down with any one person. Providing time so people do not have to but full attention on this one goal or feel overly pressured to work on this.

Organization structure - We will need to devise a solo organization type to umbrella it all with-in. For Steam release or other's we will need to create a distribution entity(legal/corporate/organization) that can act, represent and make decisions on behalf of the bundle and it's developers. - I can begin exploring and posting organization architectures that will work for this goal.

Developer rights - As stated above and by me from the beginning, we want each creator to fully own and hold all rights to their work. Very much like the Humble Bundle example above, where the games are bundled and each development member has fully and solo proprietorship of their work. Outside of the build issues above - I do not think this will be that complex, as the package/bundle entity is only excepting final builds and grouping them for release in a unified launching package. With the entity holding no owner ship and only distributions rights. So I believe from the USA to EU a simple legal statement to this effect is 100% working solution.

Build issues and rights - Umm this my take some thinking and time. A EU/USA solution may work but it's very hard for me to learn and cover the ins and out of the EU law system. This may be better left to the developer and their chosen 'build agent' .

Please post more that needs to be addressed.

Thank you all for participating and the inclusion of games and your time and resources.

EDIT- Can the members please post there engine versions and if there are Comm users that believe they need access to pro level feature, could they please indicate so. As I try to figure out the 'build rights' issues and if this is even needed.

Also I'm available by PM for those that wish to use the service.

EDIT2 - I'm available for QaD modeling and texture work for anyone needing placeholder art or starting point art. And Yes, I am not good at either.

Last edited by Malice; 07/15/16 16:59.
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: ] #460812
07/15/16 18:41
07/15/16 18:41
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Malice
There are some basic thing to figure out here. like
Sales goal - Are we releasing for money,attention or glory. Do we aim to sell the bundle, use it to call attention to acknex or as stated before for personal community recognition - leave our mark?
, glory and attention won't work I think. To many games for that. I think it would mostly some money and experience. And ofcourse fun along the way (when not debugging that is grin ).

Quote:
Time line - How long do we want to give the project from start till release? Having a deadline can help, and hamper. Giving time for people to find there projects, do added or touch-up work, while not bogging down with any one person. Providing time so people do not have to but full attention on this one goal or feel overly pressured to work on this.
, having a deadline is crucial I think. It may sound to serious, but otherwise it will just be delayed to often. Couple of months (6 months?) perhaps to mostly finish your project? Ofcourse after we are sure how the contract and organisation will be done ofcourse. (taking into account some reserve incase bugs etc. popup)

Quote:
Knowing that the option to include a part/demo/or trail of any project, I wonder if more will join.
, I personally think that it isn't a good plan to add all kinds of demo's etc. to it, atleast to me it makes a bit sound like a cheap/lame pack. I know its cliche but I think it does make sense here; less is more. No unnecessary stuff that no one will be playing anyway. It also will become messy when trying to figure out how to divide profits (in contrary to each just having 1 main project or a clear supporting role to other projects).

edit: also maybe a bit to early to bring up but also important to prevent misunderstandings; what kind of price are we thinking of to sell the package, with e.g. 5 (mini or semi-mini)games?

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 07/15/16 18:48.
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: Reconnoiter] #460814
07/15/16 19:28
07/15/16 19:28
U.S.A. Michigan
exile Offline
User
exile  Offline
User

U.S.A. Michigan
Perhaps a theme based package? Like how they do the "Retro bundle", or a "Puzzle bundle". Some sort of unifying theme or genre maybe?

Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: exile] #460818
07/15/16 22:21
07/15/16 22:21

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

Quote:
glory and attention won't work I think. To many games for that. I think it would mostly some money and experience. And ofcourse fun along the way (when not debugging that is grin ).

This is of course for the you all to decide, however at least one current project could not be sold as it's deep in copy right issues.

Quote:
having a deadline is crucial I think. It may sound to serious, but otherwise it will just be delayed to often. Couple of months (6 months?) perhaps to mostly finish your project? Ofcourse after we are sure how the contract and organisation will be done ofcourse. (taking into account some reserve incase bugs etc. popup)

Yes this is my point as well. And 6 months seems a good window. But again it is y'alls choice.

Quote:
edit: also maybe a bit to early to bring up but also important to prevent misunderstandings; what kind of price are we thinking of to sell the package, with e.g. 5 (mini or semi-mini)games?
Woo yes early. I wouldn't price it to high or get dreams of gold. And again for the group to decide. I'd personally table this for a big discussion at around the 3 month window.

Quote:
Perhaps a theme based package? Like how they do the "Retro bundle", or a "Puzzle bundle". Some sort of unifying theme or genre maybe?

If the dev's want to pump out a fresh set of games or do the mods to fit a theme I don't think it would be a bad idea at all. I'd hope it's a group choice and doesn't overwork one member in favor of making things easier for a member that's almost already to go in the theme space.

Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: ] #460827
07/16/16 08:53
07/16/16 08:53
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
This is of course for the you all to decide, however at least one current project could not be sold as it's deep in copy right issues.
, I dont understand, what project?

Woo yes early. I wouldn't price it to high or get dreams of gold. And again for the group to decide. I'd personally table this for a big discussion at around the 3 month window.
, I understand its early. But there will be a moment (happens to almost all game dev groups on the internet) where one or more will lose interest and motivation. Its not about dreams of gold, its about that you need some form to keep people motivated. Unless people have already (almost-)finished projects ofcourse that they wouldn't sell anywise. Besides, I am not going put effort into something for 3 months when we have no idea what to expect of it.

Originally Posted By: exile
, it would be good to have a theme. I think genre would be difficult (we know have ~4 different genres I believe), but maybe a unifying theme indeed (same world background? or same enemies? or interface?).

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 07/16/16 08:57.
Re: The A8 last shot package [Re: Reconnoiter] #460829
07/16/16 11:29
07/16/16 11:29
U.S.A. Michigan
exile Offline
User
exile  Offline
User

U.S.A. Michigan
Honestly why not just make this the Official 3DGS game jam? Six months, one unifying theme, one community driven team. Idunno, maybe a bit too ambitious but I would personally love the challenge and to be able to work with you guys. Maybe even make it the next contest? Just throwing around ideas.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de