Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/19/24 18:45
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro, TedMar, Ayumi), 800 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 34 of 36 1 2 32 33 34 35 36
Feedback [Re: proteK] #46083
12/15/07 14:38
12/15/07 14:38
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
Thank you Frazzle and Protek for your kind words and thanks to Straight Heart for his constructive criticism.

X'mon guys, don't start no flame war here. Straight Heart is surely right to a certain extent and I appreciate that he points out some facts instead of simply saying that the screenshots look bad.

I know well that this project is far from being professional.. you know why? Because (now hold your breath;-) I am not a professional. 3DGS is my favourite waste of time and it is no more and no less than that to me. Actually, I donÄt have the time to be professional. I run my own independent business and I work from 8 a.m. in the morning until 11 p.m. at night (every day and even on most weekends), which gives only very little time to play around with Gamestudio.

Of course I am using the templates.. because I can't code. That's what the templates are meant for.. to enable people - who can't code - to have fun with Gamestudio. About being original: I am not creative enough to be original.. I better leave that to people who are really creative, like SPIKE (just watch his "Mini Monster Mayhem" project, which is really original and creative).

I never claimed to be original, creative or even perfect, so alleging I did claim to be is rather unfair, Straight Heart. Though I am happy when people say they like the screenshots, I got brains enough to know that they are sometimes just being friendly. I am not dumb, so I see what could be improved in my project, which I do from time to time, when I have time to learn (currently I am replacing all the textures and skins with bumpmaps.. which I couldn't do before because I had to learn it first).

So please don't expect me to be professional and accept that I just want to have a good time with Gamestudio.

Best regs and have a nice Xmas season everyone
Rince

Born for runes
Re: Feedback [Re: rincewind] #46084
12/15/07 18:36
12/15/07 18:36
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
I wasn't flamming
Besides, how could I be flamming if it's winter around here ^^
Sorry for the off topic stuff but I guess you'll understand rincewind

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Re: Feedback [Re: frazzle] #46085
12/15/07 19:15
12/15/07 19:15
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
Off topic too:
I understand ...
Actually it's winter here to.. however without snow (unfortunately). Fortunately.. all our family and friends will be here tomorrow for Lunch..good food and good wine and nice people to talk to.. so I am looking forward to tomorrow and I don't care about critics at the moment. Besides, I guess that Straight Heart is a real expert and I am sure that he will show us some of his excellent work soon. I am also really looking forward to see that.

Have a nice evening
Rince

Born for runes
Release of Levels 1 and 2 [Re: rincewind] #46086
12/23/07 22:38
12/23/07 22:38
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
Merry Christmas everybody.

The level 1 and 2 are now ready for download.

As Gamestudio keeps crashing my computer and the level-change action sometimes works, sometimes does not.. and everytime I make a step ahead, Gamestudio suddenly reacts totally surprising and keeps throwing me back, I decided to release Antaris level-wise.

Here are the first two levels... further levels will be published when they are finished:

Antaris Level 1

Antaris Level 2

A PDF manual is included in each zip-file.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

Rince

Born for runes
Re: Release of Levels 1 and 2 [Re: rincewind] #46087
12/25/07 10:34
12/25/07 10:34
A
alpha_strike Offline
Serious User
alpha_strike  Offline
Serious User
A

Sieht optisch sehr ansprechend aus. Was mich aber ganz kirre macht, das ist die Tatsache, daß ich (obwohl in abgeschlossenen Räumen stehend) bei Drehungen derbste Frame-Einbrüche habe. Wie das zustande kommt, würde ich mal gerne wissen.

Re: Release of Levels 1 and 2 [Re: rincewind] #46088
12/25/07 13:46
12/25/07 13:46
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
I quite enjoyed playing it, altough the graphics are from the A5 era
But like I mentioned many times already, it's not all about graphics and these levels prove that

Cheers and a merry Xmass to you too rincewind !!

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Re: Release of Levels 1 and 2 [Re: frazzle] #46089
12/25/07 18:30
12/25/07 18:30
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
Hallo Alpha,
erstmal vielen Dank für die netten Worte. Von dir als altem Hasen freut mich das besonders. Natürlich ist die Grafik der ersten beiden Level nicht mehr aktuell, aber wenn ich da jetzt nochmal mit Änderungen anfange, werde ich nie fertig.

Das mit dem Framerate-Einbrüchen ist eine gute Frage. Obwohl diese Einbrüche bei mir weniger heftig sind, habe ich mir diese Frage auch schon gestellt - zumal das Level aus verschiedenen map entities besteht und nicht aus einem Guss ist. Eigentlich seltsam, dass sich der Kram, der um die geschlossenen Räume herum liegt und eigentlich gar nicht zu sehen ist, auf die Framerate auswirkt.

Dear Frazzle: Thank you for your friendly comments that made my christmas day even better. You're right, the graphics is somewhat outdated, but if would start changing that again, I would never be able to finish this project. The next levels will offer better graphics.

I know that it is a very simple and basic game... but I just want to finish before I start something new.

Hope you all had a great christmas eve:

Cheers
Rince

Born for runes
Re: Release of Levels 1 and 2 [Re: rincewind] #46090
12/25/07 21:05
12/25/07 21:05
Aue, Sachsen, Germany
W
Wicht Offline
User
Wicht  Offline
User
W

Aue, Sachsen, Germany
Auch wenn ich wieder mal der Buhmann bin:

Die beiden Level sind nicht sehr überzeugend. Und damit meine ich nicht den eigentlichen Inhalt, der ja bekanntlich Geschmackssache ist.

1. Die Modelle sind sehr oft "passable".
2. Es gibt mehr als genügend sichtbare Risse in der Geometrie. Ich vermute Schusseligkeit.
3. Die Texturen sind völlig falsch skaliert (Blöcke und Modelle).
4. Es gibt sichtbare Kanten (Seams) zwischen eigentlich kachelbaren Texturen.
5. Die Alphakanäle (z.B. bei Bäumen) sind sicht exakt.
6. Manchmal flackern Blöcke. Möglicherweise liegen zwei Blöcke ineinander.
7. Die Textur für den Himmel sollte höher aufgelöst sein. Man sieht dort sehr stark Farbabstufungen.
8. Die Modelle sind falsch skaliert. Warum ist z.B. eine Parkbank höher als die Spielerkamera (halt die Augen des Spielers)? Und die Gegner sind eher zu klein.
9. Die Ruckelei nervt gewaltig. Leveldesign hat eben auch sehr viel mit Szenenmanagement zu tun. Da helfen Templates recht wenig.

Rincewind, Du warst sehr fleißig. Keine Frage. Aber die obigen Punkte solltest Du auf jeden Fall beherzigen, ehe Du mit den anderen Levels weitermachst.
In dieser Form sind die Level leider nicht zu gebrauchen.

Re: Release of Levels 1 and 2 [Re: Wicht] #46091
12/25/07 21:33
12/25/07 21:33
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
Quatsch.. du bist kein Buhmann :-)

Die Tipps sind sehr hilfreich und ich werde versuchen, diese bei den weiteren Levels zu berücksichtigen.

Vielen Dank dafür und noch einen schönen Feiertag morgen.

Rincewind

Born for runes
Re: Release of Levels 1 and 2 [Re: rincewind] #46092
01/03/08 00:02
01/03/08 00:02
Germany
rincewind Offline OP
Serious User
rincewind  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany

After having released the first two levels, I am now working on completing the third level. Here are some screenies of another enemy, I built tonight. This time I hand-painted the skin completely from scratch without using any photos as a basis as I did before. I also found out what caused the framerate problems, some people had. It is about the clip range and about leaving level block surfaces that are invisible to the player untextured. Thanks go to prenceofdarkness for these hints.

I will upload the mech model in a few minutes, so you can download and use it if you want.

CHeers and happy new year everyone
Rince

Born for runes
Page 34 of 36 1 2 32 33 34 35 36

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de