by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (ozgur, degenerate_762, 7th_zorro), 1,081 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Other Platforms (Porting to X: Part 2) [Re: Doug] #46173
06/21/06 01:40
06/21/06 01:40
Aaron Offline
Aaron  Offline

Hi I am currently working on a game console, Would anybody be intrested in making games for it, I should be done by 2008 or 2009 depends. I just want to see who would want to create games for it, I plan to just charge for development software which I will create these are just plans so far.

Re: Other Platforms (Porting to X: Part 2) [Re: Aaron] #46174
06/26/06 07:02
06/26/06 07:02
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

The Phantom-2?

Re: Other Platforms (Porting to X: Part 2) [Re: FBL] #46175
06/26/06 17:23
06/26/06 17:23
Aaron Offline
Aaron  Offline

no not the phantom-2 but I am making a console called yeti console. I should be done by 2008 or 2009, however I want to know if you guy's would like to make games for it, you would need 200 us bucks for the payment for the software which is same kinda stuff what 3dgamestudio offer's but I created it for the game console it's all in my scirpt, and it gives you a level maker, a model maker and a scripter with a command database and comes with a tutor me software, which it explains all functions in the console that is possible ect. after you buy the software you then would need to pay 30 bucks extra when you want to sell the games you make for the game console, you just need to pay 30 bucks just one time thier is no monthly thing once you pay 30 bucks you can make games for the console as long your company's name dosen't change.

Re: Other Platforms (Porting to X: Part 2) [Re: Aaron] #46176
06/28/06 13:57
06/28/06 13:57
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan
You must be joking.

Re: Other Platforms (Porting to X: Part 2) [Re: A.Russell] #46177
06/28/06 15:56
06/28/06 15:56
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
Some people do have a rich fantasy life.

Hey, I've got bridges in every major city for sell! only 200 bucks each!

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Other Platforms (Porting to X: Part 2) [Re: FoxHound] #46178
06/28/06 17:10
06/28/06 17:10
San Francisco
JetpackMonkey Offline
Serious User
JetpackMonkey  Offline
Serious User

San Francisco
Tee hee hee hm sounds a little overly ambitious aaron, unless you were part of a large, well funded company. But then again i met the key guy who designed the guts of the 3DO, and he was a one-brain developer behind most of the technology, so it's not far-fetched for one person to design hardware. But the difference was he had money, they had a full engineering department management, and a real company behind him, and not to mention he was brilliant.

The idea of porting to XBox-Live Arcade is really attractive. I wonder how hard it would be to rewrite a bunch of c-script code to work in Torque. I imagine if someone has their levels designed entirely in a 3D app outside of WED (say maya or max) it probably wouldn't be too hard to transition over to Torque-- assuming they have the same kind of commands like trace, move, rotate..

Maybe if/when my game is finished and looks/works well, I could scrape up the money to paying someone to re-write the code for Torque. It'd be best if Conitec could just port A6 themselves. Though I don't think the 3DGS demographic really has strong enough demand to make it worth Conitec's while.

But then again, taking a chance to port the engine to X-Box 360 would probably attract more professional and semi-professional developers to A6, so it would probably change the demographic itself, and be a very worthwhile decision-- especially if the xbox live license came as an additional $300-800 licensing fee on top of the pro edition.... (ooh!! but I wouldn't want to pay it, personally)

I've always thought that PC->Xbox ports would be relatively easy since they rely on the same technology (don't they?) like Direct-X? I wonder how different a PC and the XBOX really are? I can't imagine it being too hard.

Bye!

Re: Other Platforms (Porting to X: Part 2) [Re: JetpackMonkey] #46179
06/29/06 21:23
06/29/06 21:23
Bay Area
Doug Offline OP
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Bay Area
Quote:

he had money, they had a full engineering department management, and a real company behind him, and not to mention he was brilliant.

And the 3DO still failed.

Quote:

especially if the xbox live license came as an additional $300-800 licensing fee on top of the pro edition...PC->Xbox ports would be relatively easy...I can't imagine it being too hard.

Please read the rest of my quotes in this thread. It isn't a hardware or software problem stopping Conitec from making an XBox port, it's a license issue.

There are games using a version of the Torque engine on XBox Live, but can't buy a Torque XBox Development Kit *without* first being approved by Microsoft (I'm also guessing that the additional licensing fee from GarageGames is far greater than $300-$800).

If you make a XBox LiveArcade style game using our engine, let me look it over. If we can convince Microsoft that it would look good on their XBox, we can work something out.

The toughest part by far is producing a game which Microsoft wants. Once you have that, the rest will follow.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: Other Platforms (Porting to X: Part 2) [Re: Doug] #46180
07/04/06 05:27
07/04/06 05:27
N
nkl Offline
nkl  Offline
N

Quote:

Quote:

he had money, they had a full engineering department management, and a real company behind him, and not to mention he was brilliant.

And the 3DO still failed.

Quote:

especially if the xbox live license came as an additional $300-800 licensing fee on top of the pro edition...PC->Xbox ports would be relatively easy...I can't imagine it being too hard.

Please read the rest of my quotes in this thread. It isn't a hardware or software problem stopping Conitec from making an XBox port, it's a license issue.

There are games using a version of the Torque engine on XBox Live, but can't buy a Torque XBox Development Kit *without* first being approved by Microsoft (I'm also guessing that the additional licensing fee from GarageGames is far greater than $300-$800).

If you make a XBox LiveArcade style game using our engine, let me look it over. If we can convince Microsoft that it would look good on their XBox, we can work something out.

The toughest part by far is producing a game which Microsoft wants. Once you have that, the rest will follow.

Hi Doug!
Our company uses the c-script to develop a game and use A6 pro version “publishes resource” function to pack the game and c-script into exe program.
Our game company is willing to pay the license fee to MS.

I think pay the license fee is not a problem.
It is because develop console game is another markets.
In business view (or running a game company),
If our company uses the 3dgs (use A6 pro version “publishes resource” function to pack the game and c-script into exe program) to finish develop one game, and then can sold same 3dgs game to both of the pc user and the console game user. our company might earn two markets money.

The most problem is port the 3dgs game to console game.
As I know most of the console game developers use the c++/c language and game engine to develop console game.
But most of the 3dgs games developers use the c-script language and use A6 pro version “publishes resource” function to pack the game and c-script into exe program.

Is 3dgs (use A6 pro “publishes resource” function to pack the game and c-script into exe program) game can run on the Xbox or Xbox360 without rewrite any code?

It is because rewrite the whole 3dgs (A6 pro version) c-script language game use c++/c language and the A6 c++ plug-in is very time consume.

Thanks for advance.
Thanks already.
Sorry for my weak English.
I hope you got my point.

Last edited by nkl; 07/04/06 05:54.
Re: Other Platforms (Porting to X: Part 2) [Re: nkl] #46181
07/04/06 06:57
07/04/06 06:57
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Quote:

I think pay the license fee is not a problem.

Then everything is fine. Pay the license fee to MS and pay Conitec to develop a port for this console. It is just that simple.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Other Platforms (Porting to X: Part 2) [Re: Machinery_Frank] #46182
07/05/06 09:00
07/05/06 09:00
Planet Earth
Wiz Offline
Wiz  Offline

Planet Earth
The problem is, as stated many times in this thread, that you can't just call MS and say you want to buy a license(of course you could if you offered an outrageous amount of money, but thats another story...). You have to either be an established developer with a good record or have a game in the making that MS really want on their console.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de