by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 945 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mecanim - Unity - Export ? #472419
04/26/18 16:51
04/26/18 16:51
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Hi.

I found some mocap files i wanna buy and some character mesh.
The mocaps and the character i found in the unity store. Both are mecanim ready.

Can somebody tell me if / and how i can extract those animated models out of unity ?

Thanks for all Infos.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: rayp] #472423
04/26/18 21:45
04/26/18 21:45
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

You can export as "package" but this is a special Unity thing.
I don't think you can export to the original format as Unity converts everything to some internal format I think, and I don't know of any other export feature.
At least not out of the box, but there are chances the assetstore has something.

Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: FBL] #472424
04/26/18 21:51
04/26/18 21:51
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
I thought i give it a try. Buyed test set of mocaps and one char from asset store. It Looks fucking awesome in game btw. But i failed to add the Animation cause of different bones. Now i used mixamo.com to animate the model, but this is no solution i want that anims. It teases if you have the anims u wont, not beeing able to add them.

My idea was to buy the mocaps in FBX Format. I hoped the asset store model had the same bone structure but nope.
And if i buy the mocap in Unity Format i dont know if i can Export them.
I really wanna have those anims.

Is there any cheap rigging Service out there ?

Last edited by rayp; 04/26/18 22:06.

1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: rayp] #472431
04/27/18 08:29
04/27/18 08:29
Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

Ä°stanbul, Turkey
You may want to check the licenses, afaik everything sold on unity store is licensed for use in unity ONLY.

Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: Quad] #472432
04/27/18 12:41
04/27/18 12:41
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Oh please no.

In free non Commercial Projects too ? Payed them why is the engine important? Thats pretty uncool.

Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: rayp] #472434
04/27/18 12:53
04/27/18 12:53
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
I cant read this anywhere / cant confirm THAT.
And also found this ( on Unity Forum, link is below the Quote )
Quote:

I'm almost positive you can use Asset Store purchases in UE4. The first clause of "only for intended purposes" is basically a legalese sentence that is clarified in the next sentence, telling you what the intended purpose is. Someone can't sell something on the asset store and then say "The intended purpose is for you to burn it to a cd and then eat it, and if you do anything else with it I'll sue you." Unity sets the terms of what the intended purpose is for exactly that reason, and the intended purpose is clarified in the next clause. FYI that clause is:

"perpetual license to the Asset to integrate Assets only as incorporated and embedded components of electronic games and interactive media and distribute such electronic game and interactive media"

There's nothing saying you have to use Unity for your game. As long as it's a game, you can use whatever engine you want. I'd also say that the fact that they never specifically demand that you use Unity in the EULA is on purpose; they don't want purchasers to feel like any art or sound they buy would be unusable when developing outside of Unity.

Licensor grants to the END-USER a non-exclusive, worldwide, and perpetual license to the Asset to integrate Assets only as incorporated and embedded components of electronic games and interactive media and distribute such electronic game and interactive media. Except for game services software development kits (“Services SDKs”), END-USERS may modify Assets. END-USER may otherwise not reproduce, distribute, sublicense, rent, lease or lend the Assets. It is emphasized that the END-USERS shall not be entitled to distribute or transfer in any way (including, without, limitation by way of sublicense) the Assets in any other way than as integrated components of electronic games and interactive media. Without limitation of the foregoing it is emphasized that END-USER shall not be entitled to share the costs related to purchasing an Asset and then let any third party that has contributed to such purchase use such Asset (forum pooling).

The EULA is pretty clear. You are free to embed and distribute them within any "electronic games and interactive media". Unity already takes it cut when you buy them. They would obviously prefer you use them in Unity, but nowhere it the EULA is that mentioned at all. The Unity's Asset Store is separate from their engine.

There is nothing unclear about "worldwide" and "perpetual". You aren't licensed to use the assets in space, I suppose.

Editor Extensions have their own clause, but you aren't going to be doing much with those in any other game engine anyway.

So you do need to ask each asset author what the individual terms are, yes. Unity does a lot of protecting for the little guy in this respect but Unity can't protect you elsewhere.

Why would this be the case? Terms are agreed to and payment was rendered. There's nothing more you need to ask each individual author.

"perpetual license to the Asset to integrate Assets only as incorporated and embedded components of electronic games and interactive media and distribute such electronic game and interactive media"
So pretty much than all others like DexSoft etc.

License:
https://unity3d.com/de/legal/as_terms

text from Unity Forum:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/can-i-us...-ue4-or.236557/

edit: I also asked the dev of the models via email. He's fine too with the situation btw.

Last edited by rayp; 04/27/18 16:45.

Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: rayp] #472439
04/27/18 17:40
04/27/18 17:40
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

I have done some FBX importing today with Unity.
When I checked the contents on disk I saw it keeps the original .fbx in the folder structure along with plenty of Unity-only meta data.
So you may have a chance to grab the FBX (if original format was fbx) from the Unity project folder. And then you have a chance to go on with Blender.
Also get Makewalk (it's free and a part of Makehuman - http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:MakeWalk). It provides some Python Scripts for Blender for pose mapping.
I tried that in the past and mapping was possible, although sometimes somewhat fiddley, since I'm not very familiar with Blender.

...and if you already have contacted the dev... why not ask for a special deal leaving the unity package, the asset store and any possible legal issue with it aside and get the original model directly?

Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: FBL] #472441
04/27/18 17:49
04/27/18 17:49
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Quote:
When I checked the contents on disk I saw it keeps the original .fbx in the folder structure along with plenty of Unity-only meta data.
I know i have the FBX files of the 3d model ( converted a City already ... hell of a work ). But i cant apply the mocaps from another fbx file to them

Quote:
Also get Makewalk (it's free and a part of Makehuman - http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:MakeWalk). It provides some Python Scripts for Blender for pose mapping.
I tried that in the past and mapping was possible, although sometimes somewhat fiddley, since I'm not very familiar with Blender.
Thanks. Once u gave me the same advice. If i remember right i failed.

I know it could be done somehow. In the other Topic i posted a screenshot. The bone structure isnt that different.

Thank you man for taking the time. If nobody reacts to my user request i guess ill give it a try again with that MakeHuman stuff.

Easyest way would be if mecanim shit could be exported to one fbx file.

Last edited by rayp; 04/27/18 17:55.

Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: rayp] #472442
04/27/18 17:56
04/27/18 17:56
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Mecanim is somewhat a problem if it was used for animation... I don't quite know if there's a chance to export it.
Up to now I've only dealt with kexframes existing on the original model and then setting up an animation state machine in Unity.

---------
I'm doing it the other way round currently grin

Converting A8 levels to Unity.
Since I found the old FBX exporters for MED and WED this is going somewhat well, but in 99% of all cases and tries the texture assignment is lost.
For models this is not so much of a problem, but levels have many different textures... ack...

And I finally found the rootcause of the animation export problem to FBX.
It's a friggin' 0..1 numbering issue.
This makes the wrong pose being treated as T-POSe and messing up all keyframes.
The solution is simple: duplicate the T-Pose (must be first frame) and then export... I could have needed that solution some years earlier when I gave up due to animations not being eported properly...

Last edited by Firoball; 04/27/18 17:58.
Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: FBL] #472443
04/27/18 18:05
04/27/18 18:05
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Oh... and doesn't this A8 feature help you in any form?

ent_animatefrom(ENTITY* entity, ENTITY* source, STRING* scene, var percent, var mode)
Wie ent_animate, lädt aber die Bones-Animation aus einer separaten Entity. Auf diese Weise können Bones-Animationsszenen von Entities geteilt werden.

Once you have the FBX files fixed to share the same bone names...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de