by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Nymphodora, Quad), 923 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: FBL] #472444
04/27/18 18:07
04/27/18 18:07
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Quote:
I'm doing it the other way round currently grin
laugh

Before using all this compilcated stuff it would be more easy to rerig the model in MED. But this is one of the things i dont wanna face while doing the Hobby work, just hate it. Scripting is time consuming enough.

Maybe some MED Freak answers my user request. For a model expert this is an easy and fast Task.

edit:
Iam using ent_animatefrom for example for all melee weapons. But to work correct the bones must be the same.
I tryed to merge Animation with fragmotion, but same Problem there as with ent_animatefrom.

I dont understand the lack of available Software here. When i recorded my own MoCaps with iPi Soft, the bone retargeting took a few seconds.

Last edited by rayp; 04/27/18 18:12.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: rayp] #472445
04/27/18 18:19
04/27/18 18:19
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Online
Senior Expert
Quad  Online
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
autodesk motionbuilder has animation retargeting. I.e. you pick 2 skeletons with different bone names and match bones as close as possible with the other one and get an animated version of the non-animated one.

Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: rayp] #472446
04/27/18 18:23
04/27/18 18:23
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

I've never tried it. Does it also require a matching T-Pose?
Renaming bones in MED should not be too much of an issue...

Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: FBL] #472447
04/27/18 18:28
04/27/18 18:28
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Read about that. But fragmotion got some sort of function too. Problem is matching fails. Some times it works...most times not. laugh

Renaming...mhm.
Maybe i could rename the bones to match and then try again with fragmo.

Have to say the models i bought were really hard to convert. Normally it works perfect but those...Horror. The models sometimes screamed "kill me" like in the 4th Alien movie grin

edit:
Is that motionbuilder free ?

edit2:
I asked the dev of the 3d mesh. Even he sayed its not easy for non 3d artists to do. He said Maya. Iam really thinking of using MED Trial and error rigging. But to be honest, iam to lazy for that.

Last edited by rayp; 04/27/18 18:35.

1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
Re: Mecanim - Unity - Export ? [Re: rayp] #472448
04/27/18 18:46
04/27/18 18:46
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
For all intrested...i mean unity's asset store is a great place to find Content stuff.

I will Point out how u get the files mentioned here
Quote:
When I checked the contents on disk I saw it keeps the original .fbx in the folder structure along with plenty of Unity-only meta data.

() Buy your asset in store ( Unity / Windows / Asset Store )
() In your Content tab click "Download"
() Then click "Import" ( another window appears click Import again )
() Now Unity decompresses the package youve downloaded before

All files are now stored in the Folder ..User/documents/Your Unity Project/Asset Name.
The most files you can ignore, its unity stuff. But ull find FBX and of course the textures.
With a quick convert to FBX 2010 with for example Autodesk FBX Converter (free) you can Import them into MED.

If the Import doesnt work ( will happen on some newer models with effect stuff ) Import it first into Blender. Save again as FBX. Convert again. Import into MED. This should do the trick. FragMotion Comes in Handy btw.

edit:
Old rules are still intact. Buy a model with animations. Easy workflow. Buy model without Animation...Horror like before wink
edit2:
Animated models normally come with one Animation per FBX file. For example Monster_idle.fbx
With fragmotion u can merge those anims with one click ( cause of the same bone structure ) making one single file out of them. Iam using half life2 SMD Format when building those single files with fragmotion, most times good working.
Like said most times. The newer models i realized another trick cause all apps like fragmo milkshape etc wasnt able to save. If u have your FBX2010 files directly Import into MED using the "Save Frame to file/load from file" function to make one single file out of the animations. Worked like a charm.

This only works for models that already have animations of course. Not talking about MecAnim animations.

Last edited by rayp; 04/27/18 19:08.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de