by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (AndrewAMD, Nymphodora, Quad, TipmyPip, Imhotep), 852 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New Aum and few things #473082
06/12/18 17:24
06/12/18 17:24
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline OP
User
Emre  Offline OP
User

Turkey, Izmir
Hi George,

Will there be a new magazine for this month or another month? I know gamestudio development is stopped but we are still here. And as you know this month we have featured contribution from Brian (evo) Also some of us still working with Gamestudio. Having new magazines would be motivating for us.

More things and maybe more important things: i know maybe this is not related with you but jcl. But i must say, resource site is horrible and so old. it has to be renovated. Also there are very good project in showcase. These projects can be displayed at homepage.

For years, there are few demos and screenshots at homepage but these are very old.

Why do not you guys update anything? Even these seem like small things, but are not they important for marketing?

Did jcl leave the GameStudio completly to fate?

Re: New Aum and few things [Re: Emre] #473089
06/12/18 19:53
06/12/18 19:53
Deutschland
E
Ezzett Offline
Ezzett  Offline
E

Deutschland
What if you (or other users) contribute some articles to AUM? In my opinion you seem to have some ideas about possible topics. I don't think that George need to write everything on his own. He already gave as nearly two decades of AUM for free, which is an amazing service.

Quote:
Did jcl leave the GameStudio completly to fate?
No, Zorro is powered by Acknex. grin
It's correct that the screenshot on the front page are ages old but updating everything costs time and time is money. Even if it will just take two hours (probably more), if nobody wants to pay for this time nobody will do it. In a business you need to do the things that customers pay for and I don't think that more customers will buy Gamestudio if the screenshots are renewed.

Re: New Aum and few things [Re: Ezzett] #473092
06/12/18 21:02
06/12/18 21:02
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline OP
User
Emre  Offline OP
User

Turkey, Izmir
Thank you Ezzett! You make a good point. I know George is amazing person. Unfortunately i can't write an article with my horrible english. But i or few person together, can make a good tech demo/demos (or just good demos/little game) like my Lake scene. Lake scene can't be used as a tech demo not just because it's not enough, also because there are a lot of model under creative common in it. (some of them not allowed for commercial project)

Quote:
In a business you need to do the things that customers pay for and I don't think that more customers will buy Gamestudio if the screenshots are renewed.

I agree but isn't the showcase is always important? Every engines have nice showcase.(not in the forum) For example. We have been beautiful demos/projects since years. Here is one of them from 2011. Showcase is full of with good work. These works never moved to the home page.

i don't know. We are like a calm and dead sea. I want to change something. it seems nobody will do unless we do. There are very skilled persons in this forum. Like Superku, Txesmi, Kartoffel, 3run, Sivan, so on. (i don't know Slin, Hummel, HeelX are still here.) We can do, actually we already did a lot of good things. I just don't know what jcl think about this. Maybe you are right. Maybe it's not worth at all.

Re: New Aum and few things [Re: Emre] #473104
06/13/18 18:07
06/13/18 18:07
ny
jumpman Offline
Serious User
jumpman  Offline
Serious User

ny
Hey Emre!

Despite your amazing work, as well as the amazing skill of those you’ve mentioned, Gamestudio development is not a priority anymore and will most likely not be actively supported by the company outside of serious bug fixes. You can tell already that their focuses have been shifted to Zorro, and George probably doesn’t have AUM as a priority anymore, he has to get paid for gamestudio work I’m assuming. So if the focus isn’t gamestudio anymore, George really has no incentive to make AUMs consistently.

Gamestudio needed much more finished games out there in the world for more users to come and buy the engine and make more. Currently Gamestudio has no voice in the engine world because of Unity’s multi-use and commercial success with finished games.

Really the only thing that could jump start Gamestudio development is users like you finishing and releasing games for the world to see.

Re: New Aum and few things [Re: jumpman] #473105
06/13/18 19:38
06/13/18 19:38
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline OP
User
Emre  Offline OP
User

Turkey, Izmir
Hi jumpman,

I had a game project but i messed up. I made a lot of strategic mistakes. There were also many handicaps. Making a pc game is really hard thing. i don't know if i can try again. All i can do is small storyteller, walking simulator, (probably contain one of the h.p lovecraft stories.) and put it on steam for free. But i will need a modeller and voice actor for it and i've no budget right now. it will also take a lot of time. So, there is not much i can do about making game. I don't know about other users. Maybe there is nothing that can be done for GameStudio.

I will still try something in my spare time anyway.

Thanks both of you for sharing your opinions.

Re: New Aum and few things [Re: Emre] #473161
06/18/18 06:09
06/18/18 06:09
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline

Expert
George  Offline

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
Hi guys,

"Will there be a new magazine for this month or another month?". Yes, a new magazine should be released in 1-2 months.

I get paid to write the AUMs as a freelancer, and JCL sets their frequency. I started to write them for free because I was (and still am) a Gamestudio fan, but then JCL decided to pay for my work.

"Why do not you guys update anything?" I'm not a member of Conitec's team, so I can't comment on that.

Have a great day.

Re: New Aum and few things [Re: George] #473166
06/18/18 14:52
06/18/18 14:52
ny
jumpman Offline
Serious User
jumpman  Offline
Serious User

ny
Hi George, can you open a patreon or donation page? How much would you need to be paid to make an AUM everyday? Actually it would be AUDaily tongue

Silliness aside, do you have a donation page? Would be nice to send some funds your way to see some more frequent AUMS happening.

Re: New Aum and few things [Re: jumpman] #473169
06/18/18 17:28
06/18/18 17:28
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline OP
User
Emre  Offline OP
User

Turkey, Izmir
Thank you for your response George. it's good to hear that a new magazine will come out.

Re: New Aum and few things [Re: Emre] #473170
06/18/18 18:12
06/18/18 18:12
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline

Expert
George  Offline

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
Thank you, but I don't have a donation page. I simply love game programming and Gamestudio laugh. I continue to code games using GS, and one of my personal projects is fully finished now.

Re: New Aum and few things [Re: George] #473172
06/18/18 18:26
06/18/18 18:26
ny
jumpman Offline
Serious User
jumpman  Offline
Serious User

ny
Sweet George! Will we be able to play it ever?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de