Hi friends,

Im building a game environment that showcases my level art and design work, as well as my 3d character art and animation work.

Because I want the characters to be highly detailed, I would like them to have a main 2048x2048 texture. This is normally fine, but I want to plan ahead a little memory wise. Let me know if my approach is correct.

I want the player to be able to come up to a platform and trigger the 3d character to come out with an intro/spawn animation. You can rotate the character, play animations and etc. When the player moves away, I was thinking of playing a despawn animation, and when the character is hidden, I would set the character to invisible, then ent_purge the character. When the player approaches the platform again, I would set the character to be visible, and start over again.

Will ent_purge correctly purge all the entity textures, as well as the model and its animations? Is it safe to use this command constantly to free video memory?

Can I use ent_purge on sound effects that pertain to that specific character as well?