Apparently they don't even see the starter window.

Quote:
the game would launch and on the task bar there would only be a blank box that would eventually show the face icon"32 ICO File" but the screenshot [of the starter window] you shared never would show

That person then tried the game with -diag set, and surprisingly it worked.
He had another issue though, that the game would get super slow (2-3 FPS) after playing for a short bit. Took ages to debug that. After showing me a video I noticed he had no sound.

Quote:
Hey so the problem was, for some stupid reason, my speakers were plugged into my motherboards back audio panel and its messed up somehow.
I didn't think that could cause a problem but my friend kept telling me that i should switch back to the front port cause the Nahimic 2+ audio drivers I'm using only work with the front panel;
so he changed it front the back to the front audio port and i started the game and it works properly now with audio.

I have not yet heard back from that guy if the game works without -diag as well now (EDIT: It doesn't, he has to use -diag). I'm using "-ns" in the starter window definition btw. (I only initialize my DirectSound8 implementation 3 frames after launch.)

No one of the other people with the same issue (game does not launch, "running in the background", not responding) have responded so far with more information.

Last edited by Superku; 03/07/19 18:43.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends